• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Omegaman 3.0
      I was saved in 1979 and soon after, I was attending an adult Sunday School class at Melodyland in Anaheim, CA, taught by Walter Martin. I had been doing some Bible study on my own on the topic of being filled with the Spirit. In that, I had noticed that the idea of "boldness" was very frequently associated with Spirit filling. I was very privileged to hear Dr. Martin speak to how boldness can be used in our lives as Christian.
      I really miss this man, but really was blessed to watch him speak passionately again in this video, about things the should matter to Christians who love the people for whom Christ died! This is Part 1, Part 2 will follow in a separate post in this thread.

• By Behold
      Jesus is the Holy Spirit.
      God is Jesus, "God was manifested in the Flesh" = Jesus    1 Timothy 3:16
      "God is A Spirit" is the verse, vs some phony bibles that say "God is Spirit", .. so, check yours.....becasue "A" Spirit, is a specific TYPE....Its a HOLY One...."Holy Spirit".    See, there is an UNHOLY Spirit, the spirit of "anti=Christ", and then there a "A" Spirit, (God is A Spirit), that designates for  you the literal and  clear distinction between Holy and unholy....so, if your bible says...."God is Spirit"< John 4:24  then  get yourself a real bible that says.. "God is A Spirit".   Very important.    And also check and see if your bible says..."GOD was manifested in the Flesh" in 1 Timothy 3:26, as if it says, "He" instead of "God", then get rid of this bible, as its flawed, and not literally accurate.  A flawed bible creates a flawed Christian.  Thats a fact.
      The Holy Spirit is the "comforter" and Jesus is the "Prince of Peace".    The Holy Spirit gives you comfort, and this is the "God kind".
      Jesus said, "My peace , (MY SPECIFIC TYPE OF PEACE), This is the Holy Spirit)... The peace I give is NOT as the (spirit of the world) gives,".. John 14: 27.... because Christ's peace IS the Holy Spirit, The Comforter... which is a heavenly peace.  THIS Spirit, is God's, and it is the One that "fills you", and it is the one that "indwells you" only if you are born again, as this is the reason you are born again, and this is why the NT says that "if you don't have the Spirit of God, ( Holy Spirit indwelling you) then you are none of God's", you are not born again, and you are not saved.  Romans 8:9
      The Peace of God is not "happiness" , its a deep wellness in the soul.  Its a comfort that is deeper then feelings.  Its supernatural.  This is the peace of God, Himself, that comes to live in a person the INSTANT they "Believe on the Lord and you SHALL BE SAVED",= right then.....and this is why many cry and cry when this happens, because this peace heals broken hearts. This peace heals wounded souls.  This indwelling of the peace of God, which IS the Love of God, fills the emptiness, and this peace replaces addiction, lust, greed, envy, pride, hate,  with self control.... and fills the human heart  with contentment.  AS ALL THIS is the indwelling fruit of the Holy Spirit. ( Jesus the Vine into us the Branches)   Its the "God Effect" that comes to live inside a born again Person.  Its the "Kingdom of God" that enters you as you enter INTO it.  Colossians 1:13 = BORN AGAIN
    • By Behold
      A mystery is something that has not been uncovered or revealed.
      The Trinity is really not a mystery, as this is a misapplied definition that someone once used who didn't understand it, or didnt want to believe it, and it has sort of hung around Christendom, seemingly forever.
      Now then......The Bible lays out the reality of  God's existence, generally,  as  3 distinct aspects, yet as  One individual whole....
      So, here we go.... Lets take a look :
      First......Think of yourself......are you a spirit , a soul, and a body?......... How many is that?......Well, you are Tri-part being.   You are 3 in One.
      Have you ever noticed the sun in the sky?   The Sun:  is Heat, Light, and Actinic rays. (ultraviolet, etc).   That is 3 parts of the same ONE..... So, is that a mystery?
      The reason most Christians think of these type things as mysteries, is because we live in the natural world, we exit in the natural realm, and so, what we don't see with our eyes, = "mystery".  "seeing is believing".
      So, God is 3.  But He is One.  ... Like this :
        Christ said that He is "In the Father",  John 10:30
      Thomas kneeled before Christ and said...>"my Lord and my GOD",..... and Jesus didn't correct Him.   John 20:28
      Christ said......."touch me not, i have not yet ascended to my Father and yours"........  John 20:17
      The reason the Pharisees wanted to kill Jesus is .....1.) Envy.   2.) Legalism: Religious Spirit, and because Jesus said......"Before Abraham was...... I AM"....and this is Jesus referring to Himself "pre incarnate", as in Genesis 1, when He was not yet "God manifested as a man, in the FLESH".    John 8:58    1 Timothy 3:16
      So, we see that Jesus is talking about Himself (referring to Himself as God), before He was later come down from heaven as " God manifested in the FLesh"....... John 8:58 and 1 Timothy 3:16
      Ok then,  i wrote a simple and quick "Trinity" study recently that i'll now post for you to use if you feel like studying all this, that im posting for yuo   
      Here is the rest....
      -
      1.) John 1:10..  If you read it, you'll read that Jesus was in and literally placed His feet on the World HE created.

2. ) Colossians 1:6 says that through JESUS, and by Jesus, all things were created.

3.) 1 Timothy 3:16 says that "God" was manifested, (was made flesh and walked among us as a Man) ""

4. ) John 20:28 says that Thomas the Apostle, upon first seeing Jesus after He rose from the dead , said... "My Lord AND MY GOD"....

JESUS is the "word made flesh".      
      God made all that you see, by speaking words.  "Let there BE...... light, nature, creation, all of it"....>"Let there BE" is like saying, let there BECOME.....   God spoke it, and it (creation)  appeared.

Genesis 1.  In the beginning was the Word and the Word (Jesus) was with God, and the Word (Jesus) was/is God.
      So, there you have Jesus as the Word before He was sent here to die, being worshipped as God after He was sent here.
      That is God the Father, and Jesus as the Word made flesh = 2
      Then add the Holy Spirit, the comforter...... = 1
      2 +1 = 3

Three are "One", as Jesus says. "I and my Father are ONE"..... yet, they are each, one of themselves.

"Trinity".
    • By Behold
      Gospel : Paul teaching = "preaching of the Cross". "we preach Christ Crucified"..."Jesus sent me not to baptize but to preach the Gospel".."faith comes by hearing this".....

So, all that, if believed by an unbeliever resolves an eternal issue......
      What is the issue?
      What is God's purpose for coming to earth to die as Jesus The Christ on a Cross?
      What is He doing?...What is He alone solving, that all our 10 commandment keeping and holy lifestyle can never solve, which is WHY HE had to solve it? ?
      And right here is what is so often misunderstood, or not taught correctly, and this is why so many people who mean well, and love Jesus, or would like to love him, do not understand <>WHAT IS<> the actual reason that God came here to die.

So what is that reason?
      The reason, is that keeping the law, the 10 commandments, and doing good works, confessing sin, and living as holy as we can, could not make us acceptable to God..
      And here is the "catch 22".... It also can't AFTER you are saved.
      And right here is where "Legalism vs Grace" becomes the touchstone of constant fighting on forums, and everywhere else that it can show up where believers WILL clash.
      (Apparently this clash became such a long standing fight and fury on this forum that members here are barred from posting- fighting about it.)

It is a fact and statement of the CROSS that the law and the 10 Commandments can't make you righteous, they can only show you that you are unrighteous., as that is the actual purpose of the Law, as well as outlining what God expects regarding our basic moral conduct & behavior, once we are born again.
      So, how can it be that half the body of Christ is trying to keep all this, all these works, and they believe that this is "keeping them saved".
      Whereas the other half of the body of Christ is trusting in Jesus to keep them saved.
      So, do you see the line in the sand?
      Its this " What is keeping you SAVED"....that is the minefield of theological confusion.
      THATS the fight.
      Legalism vs Grace.
      Its happening on every forum like this one, and its the reason for 5000 denominations that don't agree, and 300 bibles that don't agree.
      This issue started with Paul and his preaching of "justification by Faith" >alone, and he wrote the letter to the Galatians that talks about it, and explains it.
      2000 yrs later, this issue of Legalism vs Grace is still a fist fight between "Christians".
      Here on this forum, apparently they outlawed the battle. 

Isn't it interesting to realize that if the 10 commandments, or lawkeeping, or living holy, could save you or keep you saved, if that were the truth, then Jesus could have stayed in Heaven and saved Himself some PAIN.....
      But ita not the case.
      Now im not certain what you have been taught, but i teach that you "present your body a living sacrifice" and you to "live holy as God is holy", not to save yourself or keep yourself saved, but because this is what you should do, and what God expects, .. because you ARE saved.
      The Legalist would argue that .."no, you do it to stay saved", and if you don't then you're not.
      I wonder, reader, what you believe.
      However, keep it to yourself, as this is between you and God, tho make sure you get it right, as if you get it wrong and you are teaching it, then Galatians 1:8 has become quite a literal issue for you.

So, leaving all that now, lets just look at the problem that God had to come here and solve for us, as to look at this, is to understand the reason for Salvation which is to understand Salvation.
      Our problem we had, before we were saved, is only one thing, one issue only. And God Himself had to solve it, because we can't.
      We are born, and we get older, and we don't have any righteousness.
      None.
      And so, God can't accept us, because we are UNRIGHTEOUS. 
      This is "lost", "unsaved"....hellbound = we don't have any RIGHTEOUSNESS< as all of ours, are "filthy rags".
      So, in steps SALVATION... Down from Heaven God as The Christ arrives... The Cross has been raised.... As God bleeding out on the "tree" has come down from Heaven to give us HIS righteousness so that He can accept us, based on THAT.......and for no other reason will He accept you, or me.
      God, literally became a man, and died on a Cross, to GIVE US "the righteousness of Christ". (God's very own righteousness).
      And that is what salvation actually is....Its God coming to earth to give us His righteousness so that HE can accept us, as by giving us His very righteousness, this makes us acceptable to God.
      Welcome to Salvation.
      Salvation is only.... "what makes you acceptable to God"....and that is one thing, its GOD'S Righteousness, becoming ours.
      A born again person, has literally BECOME "the righteousness of Christ", and Christ is GOD.

To say that God's Grace is amazing, is really the least of what it is...
      How can you describe the wonder of God, dying to give you His righteousness in place of your unrighteousness, as a free Gift?
      Is there a word that can even claim to honor this spiritual transaction enough?
      Just one.
      LOVE.
      Agape` Love.
      God is LOVE.
    • By Behold
      When Calvin wasn't trying to get more people burned at the Stake, he also created theologically backwards ideas like : YOU  have no choice about your Salvation....God chose you, and that settles that.
      So, lets look at this one point of his 5 point "salvation theory" system.... and then compare it to the Grace of GOD, which is OSAS.
      Now,  to believe this, you have to pretend that Free Will, is not in fact, real.
      And here is the thing....
      God is JUST....which means, regarding heaven and hell, and people going there....He would not be JUST, if He denied you the freewill to end up in >either place<.
      Heaven is a choice. Hell is a choice.. A person, who is breathing, while still an unbeliever.. makes the choice to trust Christ or reject Christ, (Hebrews Ch 4 and 10, Unsaved Hebrews) and GOD accepts their choice now and in eternity, and they get to experience the fruit of their choice, just as soon as they DIE.
      A Person who ends up in Hell, chose to go there. A person who ends up in Heaven, chose to go there.
      Jesus is THE WAY.... John 14:6 And if you receive Him as the WAY, you go to heaven, and if you reject Him as the ONLY Way, you go to Hell, and then later, the Lake of Fire.
      And this is not a myth.
      Its a FACT and this is a situation that every person reading this and everyone in the entire world, living-breathing... or yet to be born, is going to have to face, unless they die as a baby or a very very young child.

Think of it like this. Lets say, as some heretics teach, that God decides you are one of the unlucky ones who is born to go to hell.
      That God chose you, to go to hell.
      How can that be JUST ? How could that be right? How could it possibly be that...."God is Love", if He is choosing some for the lake fo fire, just because they were born, and they have no part in the decision.
      That's the theology of judging God as evil, and its theological insanity to do it, and to teach it... but it is taught and it is believed.
      There are actually people on this Forum, and on all Christian Forums, that have been taught that some people are born to go to hell, and that God chooses them to go.
      I know the scriptures they twist to try to prove this Satanic theology, and i won't be quoting them here.
      No worries.
      So that theology is demonic, but, what is worse is that this doctrine is absolutely creating the Idea of God, as way beyond the evil of Hitler...... and in fact, its painting God as black as the Devil's heart, but worse, Because, its people pretending they are CHRISTIANS who are vilifying God this way.

So, a JUST God, would never behave like this, and in fact....... Father God is a completely Just God.
      GOD, the Father of Jesus, is so Just, that He allowed the killing of a Sinless Son, to allow for the recreation of the SINNER, into the SINLESS. This is how salvation actually works.
      God takes the sinlessness of Christ and exchanges it for our Sin, and we end up as righteous as Christ, and Jesus ends up as "became sin" on the Cross and DIES FOR OUR SIN.
      Reader, the Cross is a SWAP.....Its where God's righteous Son gives us His Righteousness, and He takes all our sin....our entire lifetime of it, and dies for it ALL.
      = Salvation.
      = OSAS.

And being saved, works exactly the same...regarding God's Justice.. God does not choose some for Heaven, as that is actually the same as choosing some for hell. Its the same thing.
      That is not how "freewill", "justification by faith", and "Christ in you the hope of Glory". works.
      God is not going to tell you....in John 3:16 that he'll accept "whosoever", and in another verse. "ALL that believe on Jesus, shall be saved", or "as MANY as will believe"...... God is not going to offer Salvation to any and all, worldwide and universe deep, then choose some for Hell.
      Yet, there are preachers that preach this message, and their Church is full of people that shout "AMEN" when he speaks about God choosing some for the Lake of Fire.
      And some of these people, are on this Forum.

Salvation is a Free gift. We dont earn it, and God does not force it on anyone, nor does He take it away after we are born again.
      A born again person, is IN CHRIST....and Christ "in you = hope of HEAVEN, (glory)"".
      So, when you are dead, you will end up wherever Christ is, and that wont be Hell or the Lake of Fire.
      The Born again are in Him and He is IN Us, """SEALED unto the day of redemption""", and so, we have to end up where Jesus ends up, as we are IN HIM......IN HIM.....IN HIM.
      We go where He goes, where He IS, after we die, or are Raptured.
      Final Answer, is...Salvation is not a temporary situation. This is why The one who SAVES, and KEEPS YOU SAVED, said from the Cross that .. Philippians 1:6. "IT (Salvation) is FINISHED".
      We dont finish it., we dont keep ourselves saved.
      Christ said "it is FINISHED"""< and when we are saved, born again, our salvation is FINISHED.
      Philippians 1:6
      OSAS.

So, once again, remember that OSAS, only means that Salvation is God saving you, through Faith, when you believe on Christ, and then you become born again, and this can never cease to be your ETERNAL reality, because God Himself has saved you with the Blood of Jesus, and this HOLY Blood's power to redeem, redeems you for all eternity. "IT IS FINISHED". = SALVATION.
      The Blood that was shed on the Cross is GOD's BLOOD, and that is why it has the Power to keep you saved, and not just start your salvation.
      That is OSAS.
      ITs that simple.

And no one who simply believes and accepts by FAITH the finished work of JESUS ON the Cross, who would explain it as OSAS...... has ever taught or will ever teach, that because we are always kept saved by God's grace, (BLOOD OF JESUS).. then we can then sin all we like and enjoy it. And you hear this on Forums like this one....These liars lying about OSAS, using the term "license to sin"....
      Its a lie, (reader).... Reader.....don't believe it.

You've noticed that in the last 10 days, i've just basically written a BOOK about Legalism and Legalist here on this Forum, within many Threads, and never have I or would i ever say or teach that ... because the Blood of Jesus saved you and keeps you saved...that you can go out and live in sin and enjoy it.
      Not quite.
      Paul said if you do this, and you won't stop, you will die. Romans 8:13
      So that is the end result of living in sin, after you are saved.
      It'll finally cost you your earthly life, but before it does, it'll destroy your life, first.
      You'll lose everything except your Salvation, if you live in sin, after you are born again.
      You'll lose your witness, your money, your family, your friends, finally your health, and then you'll die.
      THATS the result of "living in sin" as a born again believer in Yeshua.

But no... it won't cost you your Salvation, as you don't control that part.
      That part is controlled by the one who " FINISHED IT"< on the Cross, and has created a believer as born again.
      Born again, this status of a "New creation in Christ", a born again SPIRIT< living inside the corrupt body, is an eternal situation.
      Hyper-Religious - Self Righteous- Legalists...... flip out when they are told this, because they believe in themselves to stay saved by works...., and so, that is why they can't allow God the Savior to keep them saved if they are..... "bad".
      But that is exactly what He has already done. He has already taken your LIFETIME OF BAD, and sent Jesus to the Cross to pay for it all so that YOU don't have to pay for it, in ETERNITY.
      = Salvation.
      = Grace.
      = OSAS

What actually happens to a Legalist, who is saved .... who USE TO BE a Legalist, but has seen the Light of the Cross and now trusts in Christ alone to keep them saved......This person is freed from the impossible burden of trying to keep themselves saved, and they find that this frees them to actually live a more holy life then they were trying to live as a legalist.
      As now they are committing to their "be holy as God is holy" lifestyle that God EXPECTS, = = EMPOWERED by God's GRACE, instead of by their FLESH.

Flesh fails, Grace doesn't.

A Legalist, who has come to see the Light of Grace in the Face of Jesus, = the finished blood atonement, finds that living for the Lord becomes empowered by Grace, which allows you more self control then they ever had when they were trying to work to stay saved, and were always failing and confessing, failing and confessing............ always feeling condemned, always feeling guilty.........>.
      Grace, OSAS,..... once you come to realize this truth that God who saved you, will KEEP YOU SAVED, HIMSELF.  Philippians 1:6. .....then (Grace understood) will empower you to live the Holy Life.
      That's the effect of the Grace of God, as its the Power of Christ's Blood having this empowering effect on you, simply because you understand it properly.
      Understand....."revelation" "seeing the Light" is not just comprehension of theological data, but it is in fact, LIFE POWER from GOD which empowers you to be what God wants you to be.
      "God's Grace"
      OSAS.