• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By paige2223
      Hello All,
      I'm new here and new to the San Diego area. After I graduated in December, I just got up and drove 37 hours to San Diego to start a new chapter in my life. I started going to church here and getting my life in order. I just need a little boost with a little prayer or some support. I've been here for almost two weeks now, and I have been living on my friend's couch. I haven't had any luck with jobs and it is becoming so frustrating for me. Idk I just don't have confidence in myself and I'm terrible with interviews. I get so nervous interacting with people, that I just feel awkward. 
      I need to have a good job so that I can provide a good healthy environment for myself that allows me to work on this Christian Book I have been pursuing for some time now. The money that I would earn from a job would allow me to give money to the church and poor. I don't have anything hardly and the money I do have is for bills and I have been donating what I have left over to the church. I never told anyone this but I was homeless for 8 months. Not that I forced, but it's because I choose to be. I had a really good job and I just wanted to give everything I had to the needy and to the church. The 8 months I lived in my car was a very intimate time in my life with God, and that's when I really started to begin writing my book. 
      But right now I just feel like I can't give like I want to and it's very frustrating for me.   I'm just asking for a prayer that would allow me to have a job that would allow Jesus to work through me. Everything I do is in his name, and I wouldn't ever sell him short.
      Thank you,
      Paige

• By UnprofitableServantJames
      Here is a Thread to post your favourite masterpieces in the Christian art world.
      Really an amazing piece of art that Michaelangelo painted on the Vatican ceiling. Though I am not catholic, I can still appreciate the time, dedication, effort that this man put to paint such a complex painting on a ceiling! Imagine how many times he had to go up and down to paint this! 
      https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwi_iprnvb_fAhUNWhoKHYpQAsUQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fsmarthistory.org%2Fmichelangelo-ceiling-of-the-sistine-chapel%2F&psig=AOvVaw0MMZPjckNNTT-Jso4Y9MCq&ust=1545981972325196
    • By UnprofitableServantJames
      How Amazing Will The Feeling Be To Just Stop And Say… Finally, We Are Here In Heaven… After All These Years... We Are Finally Here With Our Lord Jesus In Heaven...
    • By Christnme
      Am I the only one who sees the lack of faith in this modern day age?
        All over the world, there is strife, anger and rebellious lewd spirits roaming about. America, our "Great Country" is getting closer and closer to becoming the modern day Sodam and Gomora, full of lust and pride. How have we become so separated from God? 
        When I was a child, nearly everyone was a Christian, not downing other people's beliefs, (even though they are worshipping false gods, and thats for God to judge). But Christ was the driving force behind this country's motives. Now money, power (the abuse of it), lust, are the motives of the people. 
        How do we combat this? By spreading God's Word, His Love, and His Message, even if it is in the most subtle of ways. God is returning to claim his true followers. I am not going to bury the coin, (the gift that God has given me), and wait for His return. I aim to spread His message. In truth and humbleness until boldness is called for.
    • By JoeK
      I've encountered a teaching that seems to be quite prevalent, at least here in Israel.  I first heard it taught in "The Purpose Driven Life" by Pastor Rick Warren and I have since encountered this teaching in 3 different Messianic Congregations here in Israel.  That message is basically, 'forgiveness does not mean trust: that we as believers must forgive as Jesus taught, even 77 times (or 70 times 7 times) but that does not mean trusting the other person. They must re-earn our trust' and I basically just accepted this message as fact since it does seem to be reasonable.  Then a few months ago, I finally watched the 1935 version of Les Miserables.  For some inexplicable reason, I had been wanting to read or watch it for the last year or so but kept putting it off.  When I finally encountered that scene with the Bishop and Jean Valjean, something hit me very hard about it. The way the bishop gave Jean the silver candlesticks when the police brought him back to the place and then the way the bishop told him before he left that he is always welcome there and that the front door is the proper way and not by any other means. It may be fictional, but it reminded me of a factual story.
      The story from "The Cross and the Switchblade" and the way in which David Wilkerson led Niki Cruz and gang to the Lord. How he had finally gotten several gang members and others from the community together in an auditorium to share with them the Gospel message and how David Wilkerson asked Niki Cruz and his gang to take up the offering. As they were going through the passage up to the balcony, they noticed an exit door and were about to run off with the money when suddenly it occurred to them: 'This guy is trusting us. No one has ever trusted us before' and they brought the offering up to David. That single act of trust was instrumental in dissolving NYC gangs and eventually lead to hundreds of inner city Victory Outreach Missions throughout the world today, including one in Haifa, Israel.
      So I started asking myself, "Why is it whenever this message of 'forgiveness does not equal trust' is taught, they do not bring any scriptural support for it?" And I'm kind of hard pressed. I am no doctor of scripture but I am quite familiar in a general overview sort of way and usually when I am troubled like this, the Lord will bring to memory scriptural support. But none arises to memory.
      Three insights have been occurring to me and I'd really like some input here:
      1) Forgiveness minus Trust really equals unforgiveness;
      2) The person may be being hypocritical, saying to the other that they are forgiven, but their behavior, attitude and actions do not outwardly demonstrate it;
      3) We are supposed to show to others the same Grace God showed us. God doesn't tell us, "I forgive you but now you must earn my trust".  How then could we approach His Throne of Grace... How then will He welcome us into His Home?

If I am way off base here, then please let me know. I've been wrong many times in the past, and will be pleasantly surprised if I am way wrong about this: it will be an excellent reminder of how fallible I am and how much I need to be involved regularly in open discussions with other followers of Christ.
      God Bless!
      Joe