• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Do they believe that Jesus is the Son of God, who came in the flesh, lived a perfect life, died on the cross and took on Himself the sins of the world, rose again on the third day, and only in faith in Him we can be saved? This is the foundation and if they are singing about this Jesus, and you are worshiping this Jesus listening to their music, you're going to be ok. :) I worship Jesus. I have found that Bethel, Elevation Worship, Ihop, Jesus Culture, Hillsong, all worship Jesus too. Their may be differences in theology but in the end, who ever calls on the name of Jesus will be saved and He is seeking those who worship Him with all their hearts.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

On 8/7/2018 at 7:53 PM, Joshua-777 said:

Do they believe that Jesus is the Son of God, who came in the flesh, lived a perfect life, died on the cross and took on Himself the sins of the world, rose again on the third day, and only in faith in Him we can be saved? This is the foundation and if they are singing about this Jesus, and you are worshiping this Jesus listening to their music, you're going to be ok. :) I worship Jesus. I have found that Bethel, Elevation Worship, Ihop, Jesus Culture, Hillsong, all worship Jesus too. Their may be differences in theology but in the end, who ever calls on the name of Jesus will be saved and He is seeking those who worship Him with all their hearts.

I’d take a church that blared the music of The  Rolling Stones over a church of pious, self righteous religionists That preached a message that adds to Paul’s Gospel with works and caused me to be “ accursed” and not even know it.  “JESUS SAVES plus NOTHING is what I want to hear.Some music is waaay more appropriate than others, but countless lost church goers will sing “ Nothing But The Blood” this Sunday and not believe it .I DO believe it and may crank up a little Ozzie Osbourne before I get to my Bible study.It means nothing.Its the message—- not the music. Works salvation sends one to Hell,not questionable taste in music.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

My own "denomination" was once accused of all kinds of things, and it was mostly false accusations or else things that were said or done during the first few years of its existence that were since corrected.  There has been nothing unbiblical preached or of a worldly character in the congregation I attend, and I am grounded in the word so would detect it.  In fact, after attending for 15 years there have only been two remarks in all the sermons that I have even disagreed with in the understanding of a phase of Scripture.  That is truly remarkable.  Even here on Worthy I disagree with leadership on occasion.  That doesn't make me or them false teachers or ungodly.  It means that we are not perfect.  We bring checks and balances to each other.  We do agree on the important issues such as our statement of faith outlines.  We continue in fellowship and mutual appreciation in spite of an occasional issue.  I consider them dear brothers and sisters in Christ and hold them in high esteem, as I do many of the contributors to this forum.   

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

8 hours ago, Giller said:

The bible says this:

Eph 5:19
(19)  Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

Col 3:16
(16)  Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

God says to do this, and that is the type of songs he encourages us to sing about.

The word also says this:

Rom 12:2
(2)  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Also it says this:

1Co 2:12
(12)  Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

What spirit would lead you to listen to Ozzie Osbourne? The spirit of this world? Or the spirit of God?

One of the works of the flesh is revellings (Gal 5:21).

Does the music of Ozzie Osbourne prompt the fruit of the Spirit to come on the scene, such as meekness?

Or does is prompt a spirit of revelry?

More like a spirit of insignificance....i like the lead guitar solo in the song, “Crazy Train-- nothing more , nothing less.Millions of church goers today listened to false gospels ,and many unsaved remained unsaved because of ignorance in the pulpit about how one finds  salvation.The preaching of perverted gospels sends more people to hell than the foolishness of a rock and roll band.Ozzie Osbourne and his ilk are small potatoes compared to the real problems of many churches.Satan loves to see people dwell on these types of distractions instead of getting to the heart of the matter—  bad teaching from self-called pastors as opposed to God- called preachers who preach the true Gospel of God’s Grace.

With all due respect , I think your lack of concern for the more vital things that could actually have a bearing on one’s salvation is not good.It appears we both have our own different battles to fight.Good luck with yours.

Thanks teach.......now, please leave me alone ...there’s much bigger fish to fry.....

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,197
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:12 PM, DaughterOfAKing said:

Okay, so here's the thing, I know for a fact this post is going to push a few buttons as I know there is bound to be at least one person who is a member at this church who will see this.

Firstly, let me start off by saying that I do not know how to test the spirits as yet and therefore I am unable to tell whether or not someone is a false prophet and so, to continue listening to a worship team led by a wolf in sheep's clothing. I guess like things of the world it's hard to pull away from something damaging to your spiritual walk, even more so actually. I just thought I would share my viewpoint with you all.

God bless you all,

Deanne

Hi Deanne,

Pleased to meet you and discuss this very important question. Now did you realise that we, the Body of Christ are in the stage of being -

`...tossed to & fro and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in their cunning craftiness by which they lie in wait to deceive.` (Eph. 4: 15)

So to grow in discernment, to grow in maturity we need to be -

`speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the Head - Christ - ` (Eph. 4: 16) 

See the focus on the Lord. We are to learn more about Him, His character, His titles, His purposes. The whole of God`s word is to reveal to us the Lord Jesus Christ. (BTW In my blogs I have done a series of `Christ the Head of the Bible,` and you may want to read some of that.) Also I am preparing another series on the names and titles of our Lord, so we can know and worship Him with more understanding.

So...the enemies tactic is to always side track us on to the peripherals, the externals, and as this world is temporal, passing away, then they are not where our foundation and focus should be. Keep learning about Jesus, and you will grow in discernment, for every, every eror has its basis in some wrong aspect of our Lord, His character and His purposes.

all the best, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,144
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Matt 7:16-20

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
KJV

Thank God for the lens of Scripture … right!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,144
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

6 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

With all due respect , I think your lack of concern for the more vital things that could actually have a bearing on one’s salvation is not good.It appears we both have our own different battles to fight.Good luck with yours.

Luke 16:10

10 He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much.
KJV

Scripture structures our thought and our reasoning toward God of it... there are no levels of right! There is only right or wrong...

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  0

This is why I look to find several *independent* Christian sites and *independent* articles with different viewpoints when researching any particular person or ministry.  I also like to look up original books, articles, or sermon transcripts from that person to find a more complete context.  

ok so what about folk who are new to all of this then can you give some clear sources please. who is truly independant?   not on the net surely!

• Thumbs Up 1