• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/31/1992

Okay, so here's the thing, I know for a fact this post is going to push a few buttons as I know there is bound to be at least one person who is a member at this church who will see this.

Firstly, let me start off by saying that I do not know how to test the spirits as yet and therefore I am unable to tell whether or not someone is a false prophet and so, therefore, I always conduct a google search to do a background check on the "preacher" in question - I've only recently started doing this. I think highly of Joyce Meyer but according to research, she's a false prophet. I wouldn't say I follow the teaching of Steve Furtick as I have yet to listen to one of his messages but I love, love, love Elevation Worship. According to research, he is a false prophet.

I have seen online that Pastor Furtick is a big fan of rock music and it shows in his ministry, his church does look a lot like a concert venue. It just makes me question if I am in the wrong for listening and worshipping to the music of Elevation Worship. I have their songs fullness, give me faith, the King is among us and resurrecting on repeat, with a strong love for a couple others. 

ANOTHER EXAMPLE: Charlotte Gambill of Life Church, Bradford, UK

I remember my first encounter with Charlotte's message, it was at a women's conference hosted by a popular UK Christian organisation called Premier. I loved her message and went on to attend Charlotte's own women conference several months later with empowering and uplifting messages, there was a couple of secular songs played but not half as much as I heard when I attended her conference this year. I guess I didn't hear as much secular music as I attended her conference myself this year and was always on time to hear the word, in comparison to last year when I went with a friend and we were always late. This year, music from the likes of Beyonce, Pharrell Williams etc. was played and I looked around thinking that I couldn't possibly be the only person to disagree with what was going on? Secular music at a Christian conference? 

I wasn't as bothered last year as I wasn't so grounded in the word and in my faith as yet but my present church has taught me how vital it is to not participate in listening and singing secular music. I guess 1 Corinthians 10:31 confirms why, "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." The issue is I love their worship team too, not half as much as I do Elevation Worship but that's beside the point.

Honestly, I don't know why I even bothered to write this post. I know it's wrong to continue listening to a worship team led by a wolf in sheep's clothing. I guess like things of the world it's hard to pull away from something damaging to your spiritual walk, even more so actually. I just thought I would share my viewpoint with you all.

God bless you all,

Deanne

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

5 hours ago, DaughterOfAKing said:

Okay, so here's the thing, I know for a fact this post is going to push a few buttons as I know there is bound to be at least one person who is a member at this church who will see this.

Firstly, let me start off by saying that I do not know how to test the spirits as yet and therefore I am unable to tell whether or not someone is a false prophet and so, therefore, I always conduct a google search to do a background check on the "preacher" in question - I've only recently started doing this. I think highly of Joyce Meyer but according to research, she's a false prophet. I wouldn't say I follow the teaching of Steve Furtick as I have yet to listen to one of his messages but I love, love, love Elevation Worship. According to research, he is a false prophet.

I have seen online that Pastor Furtick is a big fan of rock music and it shows in his ministry, his church does look a lot like a concert venue. It just makes me question if I am in the wrong for listening and worshipping to the music of Elevation Worship. I have their songs fullness, give me faith, the King is among us and resurrecting on repeat, with a strong love for a couple others. 

I remember my first encounter with Charlotte's message, it was at a women's conference hosted by a popular UK Christian organisation called Premier. I loved her message and went on to attend Charlotte's own women conference several months later with empowering and uplifting messages, there was a couple of secular songs played but not half as much as I heard when I attended her conference this year. I guess I didn't hear as much secular music as I attended her conference myself this year and was always on time to hear the word, in comparison to last year when I went with a friend and we were always late. This year, music from the likes of Beyonce, Pharrell Williams etc. was played and I looked around thinking that I couldn't possibly be the only person to disagree with what was going on? Secular music at a Christian conference? 

I wasn't as bothered last year as I wasn't so grounded in the word and in my faith as yet but my present church has taught me how vital it is to not participate in listening and singing secular music. I guess 1 Corinthians 10:31 confirms why, "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." The issue is I love their worship team too, not half as much as I do Elevation Worship but that's beside the point.

Honestly, I don't know why I even bothered to write this post. I know it's wrong to continue listening to a worship team led by a wolf in sheep's clothing. I guess like things of the world it's hard to pull away from something damaging to your spiritual walk, even more so actually. I just thought I would share my viewpoint with you all.

God bless you all,

Deanne

Hi Deanne,

Here is one example of a false teacher ,the sad part is that many people are following the NAR churches :(

This story is very sad :

http://olivetreeviews.org/radio-archives/

@angels4u Thank you very much, I shall check it out. 

Just to confirm, by NAR, do you mean New Apostolic Reformed churches? 

Edited by DaughterOfAKing
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, DaughterOfAKing said:

@angels4u Thank you very much, I shall check it out :) 

It will open your eyes !

We have to be so careful who we believe and the whom we listen :)

24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. Matt.24:24

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, angels4u said:

It will open your eyes !

We have to be so careful who we believe and the whom we listen :)

24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. Matt.24:24

We certainly do need to be careful. I for one thoroughly enjoyed Joyce Meyer's teachings, I even have her everyday life bible and now I am having to stick to my bible app (I do have two other bibles but the font is much too small to comfortably read and of course, study).

3 minutes ago, DaughterOfAKing said:

We certainly do need to be careful. I for one thoroughly enjoyed Joyce Meyer's teachings, I even have her everyday life bible and now I am having to stick to my bible app (I do have two other bibles but the font is much too small to comfortably read and of course, study).

If you really want to know my opinion read this : :(

https://bereanresearch.org/word-of-faith-false-teacher-joyce-meyers-shocking-doctrine-and-heresy/

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Oh yes, I've seen that before but have only now properly read it. I am in utter shock, to say the least. 

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 6/17/2018 at 10:12 AM, DaughterOfAKing said:

God bless you all,

Deanne

Did you know, one of the most frequently played songs on the Bible Broadcasting Radio Network was written by a famous musician who later famously converted to Islam? If we really get into the doctrine or lack of Word knowledge of most musicians in the modern era, we will listen to very little music--but let your conscience and faith guide you here!

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I honestly think this topic is a bit of a minefield.  on the topic of Joyce Meyer, I'm not sure she still teaches some of the things she used to teach.  I think she has become more centralized and less WOF.  I think she is a great encourager and pretty spot on with things she says about 'practical' Christianity

On the other hand, with reference to playing songs by Beyonce, I would think that shows a lack of discernment and I would wonder why play her songs or any other secualr music at a Christian conference.  Beyonce has publicly come out and stated that a spirit overtakes her when she performs and she has even given it a name.  not going to link to it, but I guess a person can google it if curious

the worst thing about NAR is their extra biblical 'revelations' that seem to take precedence over the Bible

however, I would also agree that not everything or everyone that is painted as a heretic, is a heretic.  that's an awful broad brush and used too often 

if a person is really uncomfortable with what is going on, they can always ask someone familiar with the event why such and such is happening and if the answer provided is not sufficient to indicate things are ok, said person can leave

these days, more than ever, a person needs to study scripture and understand what God's will is (and that is not some nebulous feely meely unatainable 'it'.  we renew our minds with the Bible and understand what the will of God is.  no exceptions)

that's my take anyway