• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1998

Hey, so I was wondering. I feel like i'm really starting to reach the point of feeling numb and sad. And the last few weeks the thing that has come up is, "How do you deal/ let go of a past when you decided to block it because it was to painful?" Are you supposed to go to someone, can you read certain things trough the bible to help you let go. It's just how do you let go of the things you can't remember but you are certain you're hurting because of that. 

• Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/29/1981

Our God is good

Edited by HumbleServantofChrist
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Hard to give a good answer without knowing the details of your situation, but if you're a true Christian, then Jesus and heaven are your future, and your past should pale in comparison. If you need to forgive someone, then do so, be it another person or yourself. Let go and focus on following God. Pray daily for Him to reveal His will for the present and future to you so you can follow Him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,165
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

Hi whisperpoetry;

2 hours ago, Whisperpoetry said:

I feel like i'm really starting to reach the point of feeling numb and sad. And the last few weeks the thing that has come up is, "How do you deal/ let go of a past when you decided to block it because it was to painful?"

Well as HumbleServantofChrist said, forgiveness is vital to be able to let go of past hurts.

Having a relationship with God and through His Word, if applied to your heart, will most definitely help you to heal and let go of past trauma/sin/hurts.

Not letting go can cause a lifetime of problems, mental and physical. Letting go and letting God take your hurts, will bring you finally peace of mind and bring back good mental as well as physical healing. But as long as we remain judgemental, hold-on to grudges and forget where we ourselves from come, God can really not help us because we have closed our hearts to Him be able to help us.

If you have deep anger within and are hurting yourself by means of self abuse and any addictions, you may very well be keeping a lot of anger, past trauma/sin, resentments and unforgiveness close to your heart. That is a lot of bitterness -bitter waters- from within.

Gods word says that sweet waters cannot live in bitter water.

James 3:10-12

10 Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so. 11 Does a spring send forth fresh water and bitter from the same opening? 12 Can a fig tree, my brethren, bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? [a]Thus no spring yields both salt water and fresh.

God is many times in the bible referred to as water. clean, pure living water.

John 4

A woman of Samaria came to draw water. Jesus said to her, “Give Me a drink.” For His disciples had gone away into the city to buy food.

Then the woman of Samaria said to Him, “How is it that You, being a Jew, ask a drink from me, a Samaritan woman?” For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans.

10 Jesus answered and said to her, If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink,’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.”

11 The woman said to Him, “Sir, You have nothing to draw with, and the well is deep. Where then do You get that living water? 12 Are You greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well, and drank from it himself, as well as his sons and his livestock?”

13 Jesus answered and said to her, “Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, 1but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.”

Coming to Him and asking him to make a home in our hearts and to change us into His new creation invites the Holy Waters of Gods  Holy Spirit to pour into our hearts and begin transforming us, healing us into His new creation.

John 14:27

27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Part of beginning a relationship with God, is to begin placing our trust in Him. If you are having trouble with this, just simply ask God to help you trust Him more. He will answer you, and step by step as you keep an ongoing daily relationship with God just by truthfully talking to Him, He will help you.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall [a]direct your paths.

Trust in Him and not in yourself that is a flawed creature needing of His Mercy and Grace.

Think on good things:

Philippians 4:8

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things

Isaiah 55:8-9

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts

Let God take care of you

Isaiah 46:4-13

Even to your old age, I am He,
And even to gray hairs I will carry you!
I have made, and I will bear;
Even I will carry, and will deliver you.

“To whom will you liken Me, and make Me equal
And compare Me, that we should be alike?
They lavish gold out of the bag,
And weigh silver on the scales;
They hire a goldsmith, and he makes it a god;
They prostrate themselves, yes, they worship.
They bear it on the shoulder, they carry it
And set it in its place, and it stands;
From its place it shall not move.
Though one cries out to it, yet it cannot answer
Nor save him out of his trouble.

For some, therapies, step meetings, recovery books may seem helpful and work as a band-aid, but really what will permanently heal you is God and God alone if you seek Him. Only Him can bring you real peace of mind. As complicated as it may seem, as simple it is, just you have to come to a place within to allow yourself to hand over to God your hurts and trust that God has got it and that He will render justice where justice is due and that its no more up to you to worry about it  than it is up to you to be judging yourself and others. Until we stop playing God and keep judging  yourself and others, we will have a lot of trouble to forgive ourselves & others. But once we realize that we are just as much a sinner as another and that really it is not our place to judge and hold on to resentments, God will not be able to help us like He would like to.

Judgement is mine says the lord;

Deuteronomy 32:35

35 Vengeance is Mine, and recompense;
Their foot shall slip in due time;
For the day of their calamity is at hand,
And the things to come hasten upon them.’

Romans 12:19

Forgiveness
18If it is possible on your part, live at peace with everyone. 19Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but leave room for God’s wrath. For it is written: “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” 20On the contrary, “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him a drink. For in so doing, you will heap burning coals on his head.”…

When you come to god in repentance, He will forgive you, If He can forgive you, you also must forgive yourself and others.

Matthew 6

Do Good to Please God

“Take heed that you do not do your charitable deeds before men, to be seen by them. Otherwise you have no reward from your Father in heaven. Therefore, when you do a charitable deed, do not sound a trumpet before you as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory from men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, that your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you [a]openly.

The Model Prayer

“And when you pray, you shall not be like the [b]hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you [c]openly. And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.

“Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him. In this manner, therefore, pray:

Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
10 Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
13 And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
[d]For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

14 “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Edited by 1to3
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 6/17/2018 at 2:13 PM, Whisperpoetry said:

Hey, so I was wondering. I feel like i'm really starting to reach the point of feeling numb and sad. And the last few weeks the thing that has come up is, "How do you deal/ let go of a past when you decided to block it because it was to painful?" Are you supposed to go to someone, can you read certain things trough the bible to help you let go. It's just how do you let go of the things you can't remember but you are certain you're hurting because of that. 

Why block the past when Jesus can heal the past for you today?

Sit down and tell God somewhere what you're going through. Telling people is far less effectual. It's like asking me, not Jesus, to heal your parent of a terminal illness.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

On 6/17/2018 at 3:13 PM, Whisperpoetry said:

Hello Whisper,

Did you go to the Lord to tell Him how you feel?

Life can be so difficult and painful, but don't forget you have a Heavenly Father who cares for you and is always there to lift you up.

Psalm 23:4

4 Even though I walk through the darkest valley,I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Psalm 9:9

9 The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.

If you want to chat pls pm me? Love to help you if I can :)

God Bless ,He loves you !

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Good advice from everyone.

Yes, don't try to block your pain but as the others suggested, tell the Lord all about your pain and ask for His healing.  Also, be sure to forgive even people that have hurt you.   Perhaps you are even mourning about your past?   If so, mourning will eventually pass.

Look through the Psalms for some comforting ones....they are very healing for us inwardly.   God bless you.