• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Has anyone on here ever felt God leading him or her to a specific mate? My daughter has sensed God leading her to marry a certain young man, but he would not necessarily have been her choice. If you have had such an experience, what was the outcome?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

I feel that God had led me to my husband. My grandmother is from Albania and she came over here to America when she was 14 years old in 1912. She had an arrainged marriage to a much older man(Albanian) and had never met him until their wedding day. This is the Albanina tradition.

As far as did God chose them two to be together. In a way I do. They had a good marriage from what I was told and had 9 wonderful children. They are both gone now but some of their children are still alive and kicking. I hear great stories from them. So to me, yeah probally they were united together for a reason.

God works in strange ways but He has a reason for everything.

I feel that God had led me to my husband.  My grandmother is from Albania and she came over here to America when she was 14 years old in 1912.  She had an arrainged marriage to a much older man(Albanian) and had never met him until their wedding day.  This is the Albanina tradition.

As far as did God chose them two to be together.  In a way I do.  They had a good marriage from what I was told and had 9 wonderful children.  They are both gone now but some of their children are still alive and kicking.  I hear great stories from them.  So to me, yeah probally they were united together for a reason.

God works in strange ways but He has a reason for everything.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you for sharing your story.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

Let me tell you about me and my husband and how we met.

I wasn't looking or wanted love but I met him one day at a resteraunt and we saw each other alot after that. We became best friends and one day it dawned on me that he is the one that I am meant to be with. We have been together for nearly ten years and he truly is my God sent! God knew I needed him and He found him for me. :thumbsup:

I hope that your daughter will find the same thing.

Let me tell you about me and my husband and how we met.

I wasn't looking or wanted love but I met him one day at a resteraunt and we saw each other alot after that.  We became best friends and one day it dawned on me that he is the one that I am meant to be with.  We have been together for nearly ten years and he truly is my God sent!  God knew I needed him and He found him for me. :thumbsup:

I hope that your daughter will find the same thing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you. I'm sure she will. She just has to be patient and wait on God's timing.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

Christ's Free Servant,

In truth, God led me to my husband of which I am with today. There truly may not be much to tell other than that my husband was the result of a simple prayer.

May God Bless You

Danielle

Christ's Free Servant,

In truth, God led me to my husband of which I am with today. There truly may not be much to tell other than that my husband was the result of a simple prayer.

May God Bless You

Danielle

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Danielle,

Thanks for sharing that. It is encouraging to hear of these marriages arranged by God and how they have turned out.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  706
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

This may sound weird, and I could be speaking for someone, but I know she wouldn't mind. Keslc is my best friends since we were kids. She had a friend who was living with her family, and I began to date him after visiting her for a while. I truly felt I loved him. After 8 months, he broke it off with me. It did hurt, but I knew what was going on, and I knew that God must have someone different in mind for me. So one night, (Keslc and I had an apt. together) Keslc came to me and we were chatting, and I just looked at her, and asked if she liked Chris. She said yeah, but she wasn't planning on doing anything about it. She said she didn't think so previously, but felt lately that God was giving her feelings for him. He had previously liked her, and she didn't have those feelings. So I told her to go for it. They have now been married almost 9 years with 3 wonderful kids. I think God honored both of our honesty.

Then as I entered seminary after surrendering myself to possibly being single for the rest of my life, placed a simple prayer in my Bible. Little did I know that I would meet my future husband that week. We were friends for a year, I had no attraction to him at all, but after my summer internship, I returned to campus and all feelings changed. We will be married 6 years in a few weeks. I know that I would have never met my husband had I not gone to seminary at that time, and I know that God allowed me to see with Keslc and Chris's relationship that he is the one who ordains marriages, and he was in control, even of my feelings and attraction to my husband. I consider that God has arranged and ordained our marriages, he has to, how else would we make it our whole lives with the same person and all their idiosyncracies if not?.......

MHO

• Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

Im single :):blink:

:b:

But i know God will be me a Wife :thumbsup: In his time

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  745
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  09/27/1976

This may sound weird, and I could be speaking for someone, but I know she wouldn't mind.  Keslc is my best friends since we were kids.  She had a friend who was living with her family, and I began to date him after visiting her for a while.  I truly felt I loved him.  After 8 months, he broke it off with me.  It did hurt, but I knew what was going on, and I knew that God must have someone different in mind for me.  So one night, (Keslc and I had an apt. together) Keslc came to me and we were chatting, and I just looked at her, and asked if she liked Chris.  She said yeah, but she wasn't planning on doing anything about it.  She said she didn't think so previously, but felt lately that God was giving her feelings for him.  He had previously liked her, and she didn't have those feelings.  So I told her to go for it.  They have now been married almost 9 years with 3 wonderful kids.  I think God honored both of our honesty. 

Then as I entered seminary after surrendering myself to possibly being single for the rest of my life, placed a simple prayer in my Bible.  Little did I know that I would meet my future husband that week.  We were friends for a year, I had no attraction to him at all, but after my summer internship, I returned to campus and all feelings changed.  We will be married 6 years in a few weeks.  I know that I would have never met my husband had I not gone to seminary at that time, and I know that God allowed me to see with Keslc and Chris's relationship that he is the one who ordains marriages, and he was in control, even of my feelings and attraction to my husband.  I consider that God has arranged and ordained our marriages, he has to, how else would we make it our whole lives with the same person and all their idiosyncracies if not?.......

MHO

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep! Let me elaborate a little bit...(BTW, I don't mind at all that you shared, Shelby!!)

When Chris first moved in with our family, I had just gotten over a relationship with a person I was absolutely certain I was destined to marry...the problem was, he married another woman unexpectedly (talk about a smack in the face!) Well, I was not into looking for someone to marry or date because of my heartbreak. When Chris moved in, it was clear as day from God that he was the one I would marry. It scared me OUT OF MY MIND!!! LOL! I distanced myself from him. When he and Shelby dated, I distanced myself more because I wanted to honor their relationship. During that time I was trying to convince myself that I had not heard that from the Lord, but I knew I had heard it. Well, as Shelby said, they broke up and one night Shelby and I talked. I told her the truth about what I had heard from the Lord and she understood. That year we were married, she was my maid of honor and has stood by the both of us as a GREAT friend!! Yes, God also led her to her spouse who is a great guy (oddly he and my husband are SOOO much alike, it's scary!)

Yes, I think God leads us to the person He has chosen for us to marry. I am so glad I listened!!!!!