• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/08/1994

Hi all I’ve been having very strange dreams some are scary some are sad I used to get really scary ones my mum has a book about curses and broke them off I have repented for watching horror movies as a kid . Sometimes I have really bad thoughts which I have learnt to overcome with help from God. I have prayed. Let the Holy Spirit show you what is happening please ?? All the glory to the God who heals in Jesus name  ❤️

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,015
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

In any disobedience to God we can expect negative things in our lives...
Phil 4:8
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
KJV

There is no way a horror movie can be fit into this concept...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Ask God to help you with your fears, Acacia!  I think when I used to have bad dreams a lot, it came from not knowing how much God loved me.  I suffered a very low self esteem because of my troubled childhood.  Growing up in a dysfunctional environment created a lot of fear in me.  Then I was always so afraid of what others thought.  Afraid of failure.  Afraid of so many things.  Also sometimes I think taking on too many responsibilities created stress.  Most of the reason I took on so much was the inability to say no.  I was so afraid of someone disliking me or speaking ill of me that I could never say no.  What I ended up neglecting was my own husband, my children, and taking care of myself as well.  That created a lot of stress and I ended up with bad dreams.  A couple of times also there were traumatic events that caused bad dreams.  And the stress of unforgiveness created bad dreams.

I don't like horror movies but occasionally have watched them with my daughter in order to spend time with her.  I do not believe they were ever the source of anything more than one night's difficulty.  The REAL issues were not knowing how much God loved me, People pleasing, and unforgiveness and guilt. Unfortunately I think sometimes we tend to focus on minor issues--not saying watching horror movies is a good idea!!--rather than on the soul killers like greed, gossip, jealousy, envy, anger, hatred, unforgiveness, bitterness.  To me this is what Jesus is saying to the Pharisees when He says that they neglect the weightier matters of the law.  They "strain out a gnat" and then "swallow a camel." Matthew 23:24.  They clean the outside but not the inside.

Philippians 4:6-7 have been wonderful verses for me recently.  Read them and notice the part about thanksgiving.  Praise music is incredibly healing.  If I were you I would consider some godly counseling.  You very likely could have some forgiveness issues....maybe you don't know who you are in Christ...You sound like you are VERY hard on yourself which is not helpful at all.  We ALL sin DAILY and are continually and forever in need of God's grace.  I hope this helps.  God Loves you sister!!!

Saying a prayer for you this morning!

Edited by HikerMom

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Acacia--If you think any of these things may be contributing to stress in your life, Henry Cloud has great books that can help.  You can also follow him on facebook.

jen