Saved.One.by.Grace

Aluminum Linked to Autism Spectrum Disorder

21 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I've been working with plastics for decades.  One thing a person needs to realize is that most plastics will outgas.

For more on outgassing, see Wikipedia: Outgassing

You can drive yourself crazy with all the potential sources of contamination from someone sneezing over your food, not washing his/her hands after leaving the rest room, door handles, cookware outgassing, container outgassing, etc. 

:52_52: I try holding my breath when people cough & sneeze lol, wash hands regularly, using glass, cast iron or stainless steel but avoiding plastic containers is hard  to avoid & restaurant food is still a hazard because of hygiene. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Davida said:

:52_52: I try holding my breath when people cough & sneeze lol, wash hands regularly, using glass, cast iron or stainless steel but avoiding plastic containers is hard  to avoid & restaurant food is still a hazard because of hygiene. 

Somethings you just can't avoid.

1 minute ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Somethings you just can't avoid.

In the supermarket today , I went to get a few loose potatoes & as I go there the woman that was getting some started coughing....- ME?  about-Face LOL! :101:I'm outta there- no potatoes for dinner! :20:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Davida said:

In the supermarket today , I went to get a few loose potatoes & as I go there the woman that was getting some started coughing....- ME?  about-Face LOL! :101:I'm outta there- no potatoes for dinner! :20:

Tonight I'm having leftover Mexican from yesterday.  I wonder if that lettuce is free of salmonella?  I got a take home cup for my beverage, but that was Styrofoam.  I know that's bad for the environment, and then what about outgassing?  What really is refried beans and what cookware did they use?  I just don't think I can ever eat again!  :20:

• Haha 1

Just now, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Tonight I'm having leftover Mexican from yesterday.  I wonder if that lettuce is free of salmonella?  I got a take home cup for my beverage, but that was Styrofoam.  I know that's bad for the environment, and then what about outgassing?  What really is refried beans and what cookware did they use?  I just don't think I can ever eat again!  :20:

I just was reminded:th_praying:... Hallelujah!  We as believers can PRAY over our food and ask the LORD GOD to bless it and make it safe for us!! 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 7/5/2018 at 2:21 PM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

"Outgassing" from Mexican food? Er... em... Okay, I'll be upwind from ya! O.o

• Haha 1

Not surprised, it was lead in lead chalices and cups that made Cesars so insane in Roman Times.  

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Not surprised, it was lead in lead chalices and cups that made Cesars so insane in Roman Times.  

And let's not forget the lead decanters, lead crystal bowls, and lead crystal wine glasses.  Lead was used for years before its toxic side effect was brought to light.  I wonder what else we've been destroying ourselves with?

8 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

And let's not forget the lead decanters, lead crystal bowls, and lead crystal wine glasses.  Lead was used for years before its toxic side effect was brought to light.  I wonder what else we've been destroying ourselves with?

Indeed. So many make things out of materials that we don’t even know what effects it will have on our bodies. My only consolation is that in what we are ignorant God brings provision, “they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well." (Mark 16:18).

We need to be aware of what toxins could be harming us and do what is within reason to protect ourselves, but for those things unknown to us, that which is poisoning us and we know it not, I take comfort in that scripture. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:24 PM, Davida said:

I just was reminded:th_praying:... Hallelujah!  We as believers can PRAY over our food and ask the LORD GOD to bless it and make it safe for us!! 

back in those days that put led into their wine to enhance the flavor...