Gideon

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

I must admit that I am pretty much apolitical. I have respect for the government but as to putting my hopes in one side or the other, I have little. Money and power rule far more than right or wrong, and sadly, that will continue till Jesus returns. In my life, I have never marched or protested,  but I have to admit that I am very close right now to doing so because of what we are doing at our borders with the illegal immigrant parents and their children. 

This is in no way meant to be a political discussion. It is simply an open question as to how you each feel about the policy and what you think we are believers are called to  do about it, if anything. This supersedes whether you are left leaning or right leaning. Children are being traumatized, and we in the U.S. must man up and stop this insanity. Again, I do not want to get into a blame game scenario, but a “what should we do about it?” discussion. 

Thanks in advance

blessings, 

Gideon

Edited by Gideon
  • Thumbs Up 1

Build the wall and prosecute lawyers who are counseling the illegals on how to game the system to get into the US. If they stop trying to enter the country illegally, then the problem takes care of itself. As for today, we let the Law speak for itself.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  131
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Exodus 22:21

"You must not exploit or oppress a foreign resident, for you yourselves were foreigners in the land of Egypt."

I agree that the situation is terrible, but I certainly don't agree that the solution lies within the dissolution of our border(s) as many seem to think. The children should be kept with their parents, outside of our border, as the law is the law and one cannot be here through illegal means. However, as I said, I don't support any kind of hateful or malicious edge to this barring. I have always thought that a good home is a happy home. If one has a good and happy home, what is the point in seeking out someplace else?

Many Central and South Americans are very hard working and family-oriented people. Many of them would be more welcome here than certain other undesirables already within our borders, ones who do nothing but contribute to chaos and disorder. That is (or at least should be) the point of the legalizing process; to ensure that good people may enter, while barring those who would only cause issue.

All the same, as for my idea of a happy home, I believe a solution lies in assisting and encouraging these people to improve their own native soil. They come here seeking a better life, so I would think that they would have no need to come here if their homes were good. This way, we don't have as many people wishing to come here, and they can live peacefully and happily in their own land. Things are a bit more complex than that, unfortunately... Like how that should really fall on the various governmental bodies down south. Much less the situation with Cuba; we really need to resolve that because it's an old wound and it needs to be bandaged. It isn't going to heal itself, which ignoring the problem seems to be the government's priority at the moment.

All in all, it's a difficult situation that I really think would be rather more easily solved if everyone went about things differently. As you say, though, these things are likely simply meant to happen. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be; no use fighting it.

Guest shiloh357
19 minutes ago, GreyDestiny said:

Exodus 22:21

"You must not exploit or oppress a foreign resident, for you yourselves were foreigners in the land of Egypt."

That verse doesn't apply here because we are not oppressing immigrants.   We are barring illegal aliens.   The media in the US has erased the distinction between immigrants who are legal residents, and illegal aliens who seek to cross our borders without authorization.

The media has done a horrible job explaining the situation at border.

We are not separating children from parents in the manner in which the media and the Democrats try to claim.   Most of the children are not with their parents, but with human sex traffickers who were told by Democrat lawyers from the US to bring a child with them to increase their chances of entry. 

The children separated from their parents long before they get to the border.  They are exploited and raped and sexually abused on the long trip from Central America to the border  We have found the dead bodies of children who died in the fields on the way up to the border.

Our policy is to separate children from the adults in order to ascertain which adults are parents and which are criminals.  That means we have to get children away from the traffickers and we reunite them with their parents when they get everything sorted out.  

The children are not kept in cages.  They get beds, showers, medical care, lessons in hygiene, fresh clothes, they play video games, watch movies, and play sports.  They get three meals and two snacks a day and they even get schooling.  Here is a link that also supports this:   http://www.breitbart.com/california/2018/06/15/photos-inside-shelter-for-illegal-alien-children-separated-from-parents/

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

If of twelve thousand children, ten thousand children are presently dumped on our country without any adult or parent in charge of them, and if  two thousand have come with  unknown adults that may be  sexual predators and sellers of children just what would you suggest be done?

A clean open area  for a child  to rest and to be fed is better than their suffering yet another session of physical and sexual abuse by a seller of children for sexual abuse  by the vile adults trafficking them  and abusing them for their own use and profit into this country is it not?

Edited by Neighbor
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  893
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Question:  If it is not known whether or not the adults with the younger children are their parents.. then why not check identification documents such as birth certificates etc.. or even do a dna test?

And I am guessing some of the older children would be able to tell the authorities who their parents are?

Is the separating of children from their families being carried out even when it is known who their families are?

Just wondering.  I am not american.  But this issue is in international news.

Edited by just_abc
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,874
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

First off, the only children that are separated are children who are not with their parents to start with, and secondly tho ones we separate from parents are those who come here illegally.   If they come through a port legally to seek asylum they are not separated. It is only the situation where the kids were sneaked in and most of those put the children in great danger.... parents don't deserve custody of most of them.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Those that are willfully and deliberately sinning are to blame: not the ordinance of man, neither those that enforce the ordinance, nor the rulers (politicians); but the parents.

An emotional response does not change the truth of the matter.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

I can understand that if the parents are in detention centers due to coming into the country illegally, that the children must be kept separate in more appropriate conditions for children.

Also, I never thought until mentioned in this topic, that some of the children could have been brought up here by sex traffickers.  So keeping the children in a safe environment until things are straightened out sounds sensible.

We never hear this side of things on the news, but sex traffickers are operating in a park just several blocks from me.   It is a Hispanic neighborhood and the young girls being trafficked are Hispanic.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

7 hours ago, just_abc said:

Question:  If it is not known whether or not the adults with the younger children are their parents.. then why not check identification documents such as birth certificates etc.. or even do a dna test?

And I am guessing some of the older children would be able to tell the authorities who their parents are?

Is the separating of children from their families being carried out even when it is known who their families are?

Just wondering.  I am not american.  But this issue is in international news.

Answer: These individuals are not coming with  documents. Kids are arriving by the thousands without any adult.

Do a DNA test on thousands and tens of thousands? By what existing laws  can that be forced upon the children, and with what existing resources is this to be done?  There are already "camps" for these children that have existed for a few years now, they existed prior to the present presidential administration, they still exist. What of all these kids, where do they go eventually? And they just keep coming. 

Those with adults have no documents,  who are the adults, what happens to the adult and the kids once they are let through the border? We have towns here that have influxes of hundreds of families now. One town I know of has 700+ families that is now swamping all resources, housing school systems etc. They  do not speak English, they have no work skills, they can be and are carriers of diseases not common to this land. They form instant ghettos of homeless. They overwhelm the capacity of city water  and sewer systems. They bring crime to us for they have no means to legally support themselves.

They must be accepted at the public school systems that have no capacity to handle them either with physical structure needed, nor with the language and dialect of language barrier nor government decreed food provision of free lunch nor   precare and aftercare. There simply are not enough people  to supervise them and keep them safe, never mind get them an education. All of which costs vast sums of money that is just not available.

The USA cannot feed the poor of all the world that is coming through our Southern borders.

The USA already has Puerto Rico to rebuild, vast areas of Texas, New Jersey, and Louisana  that have been destroyed by storms and those people are still  in serious trouble. The country has taken serious damage in the West from massive forest fires. whole areas have had the topography change as result  of the fires followed by floods. And the country has been borrowing sending more than it takes in for decades now. 

Plus locally we have been absorbing the cost of having thousands of Muslims come here from the same onslaught that is affecting much of Europe.

At the same time there are many hundreds if not thousands of American families that are trying to adopt children from all around the world. That process costs up to $50,000 USA dollars and takes about two years time for each child.

With all that, can the USA just have open borders, no borders, let anyone come here and do whatever they need to do to survive including robbery - sex crimes - murder?  Life on this planet is very hard for much of it's population, the USA has been pretty hard working and generous over a long period of time, it still is, but it can't survive without strict law and order and the ability to have an educated highly trained population. We are really in a fight for our survival.

Edited by Neighbor