• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I have had  employees that have had to return to their own homelands because the medical system at the USA cannot diagnose nor treat their parasitic diseases.  Their diseases are contagious, can get into our waterways, do not get diagnosed easily, and leave us vulnerable to them too. 

The diseases nearly unknown in this country,  and some thought to no longer exist in the world, for nearly half a century are now starting to be reported.

There is potential for outbreaks of  well known devastating disease epidemics. Old killers like Tubercurulosis, Polio, Measles, and a host of amoeba parasite illnesses. And the sexually transmitted diseases Gonorrhea, Syphilis, Genital Herpes. HIV/Aids.

We need Ellis Island New York, type barriers for entry today just as we had  a century ago. We need to be able to reject people just as we always have done.

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

I would like to add that it is correct that they have no documents.   In the same park several blocks from me where very young Hispanic girls are trafficked for sex, there are also sellers of illegal documents.

Also, some of the people coming up from our Southern borders are criminals and belong to dangerous street gangs.  Some get deported and just return here again and again.  While many Hispanics are lovely family people, there is the criminal element.   There is even a Mexican Mafia. 

Interestingly, some Hispanics already living here think the ones coming across the border illegally should not be doing that, but should go through legal channels instead.

• Thumbs Up 1

More from the peanut gallery here:

I used to be considered by others on another board to be very libel, and a bleeding heart for the undocumented. It was true I was, and I still am; but what is happening at this time is not what has been the historical norm.

Our local church body has many families and supporters of the families that adopt children from all over the world, and  that do go to places like Honduras, Benin, Nigeria, even China, to help children. We have fund sharing for those adopting. Adoption can take two years of  pretty determmined effort and up to $50,000 per child.

Then we support the families locally that have adopted. We go to migrant camps here. We provide book bags, school supplies, too.

BUT none of that addresses the horror that is the present method of waring against the sovereignty of this country the USA. What is happening now is a deliberate attempt to overwhelm this land's people and to eventually crush the USA.

I do believe I have been a little too sympathetic in the past, and perhaps a little too helpful for the wrong cause- in the past.

Guest shiloh357
9 hours ago, just_abc said:

Question:  If it is not known whether or not the adults with the younger children are their parents.. then why not check identification documents such as birth certificates etc.. or even do a dna test?

And I am guessing some of the older children would be able to tell the authorities who their parents are?

Is the separating of children from their families being carried out even when it is known who their families are?

Just wondering.  I am not american.  But this issue is in international news.

They are coming to the border with no documentation and DNA tests for the volume of people coming across is just not doable.  They are sorting things out though.  

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

How I feel is this: if we take away the sentimentality and emotional response to this situation, it becomes a lot less "heart-wrenching".  This isn't about "oppressing strangers" or "splitting families", but rather, it is about ensuring that 1) illegal immigrants do not gain access to a country they have no right to be in, and 2) children are not being exploited simply to garner sympathy for illegals who seek to be allowed in under "refugee" status.

Just because they have children with them does not mean the children are theirs.

And if this is considered "heart-wrenching", consider that in the Middle East, several of those states would not be nearly as benevolent as the US has been in their efforts. An example are Eritirean migrants on their way to Israel, who are captured in the northern Sinai and Sudan for ransom. They are tortured, raped and killed if said ransom does not come.

Right on!

Once liberal US lawyers told the illegals that having a child with them and posing as that child's parents would increase their chances of entry into the US, there was an uptick in kidnappings in Central America and Mexico.   That's a fact that the media doesn't seem to have any incentive to report on. 

When a citizen breaks the law and go to jail, they are separated from their children, who are sent to CPS or to a near relative. There is no difference with illegals. Congress wrote the law, now they are crying because ICE is enforcing it. Where was the outcry when the Obama Administration did the same thing? Hypocrites!

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Badjao33 said:

Many of these people are refugees are using legal means in asking for asylum at checkpoints. They are being arrested and separated anyway.

That's because they have to sort out who is coming legitimately vs. those who are attempting to game the system and enter illegally.   They were told what to say by liberal American lawyers who work for the Democrats and who are helping people skirt around the law. 

Asylum seekers are not illegals, but illegals are attempting to falsely claim they are seeking asylum AND they are falsely claiming to be the parents of the children they are bringing with them.   

The border patrol and immigration workers at the border are handed a really bad situation and they are doing the best they can with the situation that has landed in their laps.  They are having to balance keeping the country safe and at the same respecting human rights while adhering to US immigration law. 

No one is being mistreated.  It is a bad situation, but Congress can change the laws if they don't like the current law as it stands now.   But Congress doesn't want to change the law, because right now the current immigration problems are valuable fodder for smearing the president who is only enforcing the laws that Congress passed.  

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

Before President Trump came into office families crossing the border illegally or who were seeking asylum were detained together. What is happening now is new. 

What's new is that Trump ended the catch and release program that, under Obama, released children into the hands of human sex traffickers.  And it is not entirely new as far as separating them is concerned.   And there are pictures to prove it.  What is different now, is that the media and Left care about it and are talking about it. What Trump is doing is enforcing the law on the books.  We have seen the pictures from 2014 of children separated and placed in cages. And they are not necessarily "families."  The children are being separated to get them out of the hands of human sex traffickers who kidnapped them and abused them all the to the border and then pose the children's parents.  

And the children are being housed in rooms with beds and they are given 3 meals and 2 snacks a day, fresh clothes, showers and hygiene products, they are allowed to play video games, watch movies and go outside and play sports like soccer.  There are doctors and nurses, psychologists and social workers on the premises.   These kids are getting better treatment than they were getting at home and while they were being forced to travel with criminals.

So this is not the crisis that the liberals are trying to spin it into.

28 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

Before President Trump came into office families crossing the border illegally or who were seeking asylum were detained together. What is happening now is new. 

No it's not. The picture of kids in cages that twas all over the news was from the Obama era, not Trumps. Stop believing the MSM.

• Thumbs Up 1

"There is no law that says children are to be separated from their parents. Everything you mentioned can be achieved without having to resort to that and that is how it has been done for decades. Parents crossing the border were not separated from their children in the past. "

I suggest that is incorrect. Children have been placed at "camps" in Texas and  at California for some long time now. Men have been separated out, no men allowed near the camps with the kids. These policies/regulatory/and administrative laws and court rulings have been in place for decades at the various housing facilities for  welfare recepients.

There are two court judge rulings that force the separation in order to comply with the court. While there is no legislative law there is law. what is needed is legislative law to bring about security at the border plus efficient manner of handling the violations of law whether thta law be legislative administrative or judicial ruling.

As one example see: 

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/08/magazine/the-shame-of-americas-family-detention-camps.html 

Notice that  is from the year 2015

ALSO see: 

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2016/07/07/court-orders-immigrant-children-released-from-detention-camps/ 

Notice the picture with the kid and the pen pen cages. I remember some of this as being being set up at the old Presidio complex at San Francisco. This picture is from 2016 !

THE POINT: As I see it our President Donald Trump is trying to force our awful legislators, both Republican Rhinos and Demoncrats, to face up to the responsibility before them as our elected representatives. So far those "representatives"  especially senators would rather do nothing.  I suspect they seek personal profiit and political gain from the turmoil considering themselves to be wealthy enough to survive and even prosper from this misery visiting all of us.

Edited by Neighbor