• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

21 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

Don't believe the lie of a gap of time between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 that haSatan has put in your way as a stumbling block to trip you up and distract you! Instead, learn how Mosheh (Moses) wrote and know that summaries of what is to follow coming first in the text is NORMAL for Hebraic writing!

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance: Hebrew and Chaldee Dictionary:
"1961. hayah ... to exist, i.e. be or become, come to pass."
"8414. tohuw ... to lie waste; a desolation (of surface)."

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was [or became — see Gen. 2:7; Strong's: hayah] without form [Strong's: tohuw], and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

[Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became [Strong's: hayah] a living soul.]

Isaiah 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain [Strong's: tohuw] [RSV: he did not create a chaos], he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

Do you believe at one time there was just one land mass?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYD2Ee5ABYE

You can look at a map and see how they all fit like a puzzle,when do you think they came apart

Another question,what do believe the age of the earth to be?

Edited by n2thelight

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

23 hours ago, n2thelight said:

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance: Hebrew and Chaldee Dictionary:
"1961. hayah ... to exist, i.e. be or become, come to pass."
"8414. tohuw ... to lie waste; a desolation (of surface)."

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was [or became — see Gen. 2:7; Strong's: hayah] without form [Strong's: tohuw], and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

[Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became [Strong's: hayah] a living soul.]

Isaiah 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain [Strong's: tohuw] [RSV: he did not create a chaos], he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

Shalom, n2thelight.

Okay, let's get Isaiah 45:18 out of the way first. You're not reading it correctly. 

You do have the KJV accurately, but things have changed in our grammar over the past 400 years. A more accurate way to look at the verse as we now use grammar is this:

Isaiah 45:18 (New International Version)

18 For this is what the LORD says-- he who created the heavens, he is God; he who fashioned and made the earth, he founded it; he did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited-- he says: "I am the LORD, and there is no other."

or 

Isaiah 45:18 (Berean Study Bible)

18 For thus says the LORD—He who created the heavens; He is God; He formed the earth and fashioned it; He established it; He did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited“I am the LORD, and there is no other."

or

Isaiah 45:18 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

18 For this is what the LORD says-- God is the Creator of the heavens. He formed the earth and made it. He established it; He did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited--"I am Yahweh, and there is no other." 

or

Isaiah 45:18 (Complete Jewish Bible)

18 For thus says ADONAI, who created the heavens,
God, who shaped and made the earth,
who established and created it not to be chaos,
but formed it to be lived in
:

"I am ADONAI, there is no other."

The verse is NOT saying that God didn't create it empty, contradicting Genesis 1:2, but that He didn't create it TO BE empty! He didn't create it TO REMAIN empty!

That's what the KJV says, too, but it's harder for modern people to understand that the way the KJV words it. (It was hard for the translators of other versions who fell into the same trap!)

---

Now, for the rest of your post and at the risk of stating the obvious, you need to understand that Hebrew is a LANGUAGE with nouns and verbs, adjectives and adverbs, conjunctions and prepositions!

Nouns are declined! They have a declension! Nouns in Hebrew are always masculine or feminine gender. (There's no neuter gender in Hebrew.) Nouns are singular, dual, or plural in number. Nouns also have person - 1st person (I, we), 2nd person (thou, ye), and 3rd person (he, she, they (m), they (f)).

Verbs are conjugated! Verbs have voice and tense. Verbs in Hebrew also have masculine or feminine gender, and verbs in Hebrew also have number, and these - gender and number - must match those of the subject! Verbs will also have person that must match the person of the subject.

With all that in mind, it's not enough to have a general word, like an infinitive or first-person form of a verb or a subjective form of a noun, and think that's all you need to make a connection!

"Hayah" is a verb, and it has a conjugation (and a subject declension) that does not appear in Strong's Concordance. If you're going to use the Hebrew, be sure to have an understanding of the Hebrew language. One might be able to get by with a program that shows the Hebrew with translation, such as BibleHub.com or BibleSoft's PC Study Bible, but one needs to have AT LEAST one of this kind of program!

The verb "hayah" is not a simple "to be" as we have in English. It's more of a "to exist" meaning.

In Genesis 1:2, the verb is "haaytaah" which means "she was," referring to the feminine word "haa'aarets." This is in the Pa`al/Qatal binyan (structure) which is the simple aspect of the verb "WAS." For it to mean "became" it would have to be in the Niph`al/Qittel binyan, the PASSIVE simple aspect of the verb!

In Genesis 2:7, the verb is "vayhiy" which means "and he became" and is often translated gender-neutrally as "and there was."

You can check these out for yourself at www.pealim.com on "was" and www.pealim.com on "became". (Remember: When adding the vav connective prefix ["v-"], the vowels may change with the addition.)

I really hope this helps you, my brother.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

20 hours ago, n2thelight said:

Do you believe at one time there was just one land mass?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYD2Ee5ABYE

You can look at a map and see how they all fit like a puzzle,when do you think they came apart

Another question,what do believe the age of the earth to be?

Shalom, n2thelight.

Sorry, didn't see this post for working on my last one. Yes, I believe that there was just one land mass in general. I believe this happened shortly after the Flood:

Genesis 10:21-32 emphasizing 25 (KJV)

21 Unto Shem also, the father of all the children of Eber (from which we get the word "Hebrew"), the brother of Japheth the elder, even to him were children born. 22 The children of Shem; Elam, and Asshur, and Arphaxad, and Lud, and Aram. 23 And the children of Aram; Uz, and Hul, and Gether, and Mash. 24 And Arphaxad begat Salah; and Salah begat Eber. 25 And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg (Hebrew for "earthquake"); for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother's name was Joktan. 26 And Joktan begat Almodad, and Sheleph, and Hazarmaveth, and Jerah, 27 And Hadoram, and Uzal, and Diklah, 28 And Obal, and Abimael, and Sheba, 29 And Ophir, and Havilah, and Jobab: all these were the sons of Joktan. 30 And their dwelling was from Mesha, as thou goest unto Sephar a mount of the east. 31 These are the sons of Shem, after their families, after their tongues, in their lands, after their nations.

32 These are the families of the sons of Noah, after their generations, in their nations: and by these were the nations divided in the earth after the flood.

I believe this is a good explanation for "continental drift." This didn't happen slowly and gain momentum over millions of years! Instead, as with any vibration, it started out with a high amplitude and then attenuated over time.

I believe that the age of the earth is under 10,000 years old. There are literally HUNDREDS of dating methods, and I feel it is disingenuous for evolutionists to accept a handful and ignore the rest simply because the few support their world view, ESPECIALLY when the many show a YOUNG EARTH!

3 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

The verse is NOT saying that God didn't create it empty, contradicting Genesis 1:2, but that He didn't create it TO BE empty! He didn't create it TO REMAIN empty!

Can't agree,as He didn't create it void and without form,it was perfect.

When do you think satan sinned?

Edited by n2thelight

3 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

32 These are the families of the sons of Noah, after their generations, in their nations: and by these were the nations divided in the earth after the flood.

I believe this is a good explanation for "continental drift." This didn't happen slowly and gain momentum over millions of years! Instead, as with any vibration, it started out with a high amplitude and then attenuated over time.

I believe that the age of the earth is under 10,000 years old. There are literally HUNDREDS of dating methods, and I feel it is disingenuous for evolutionists to accept a handful and ignore the rest simply because the few support their world view, ESPECIALLY when the many show a YOUNG EARTH!

I believe the earth to be millions of years old and that the continents formed when God destroyed the earth the first time,not Noah's flood.

Jer 4:23-25

23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.

25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man , and all the birds of the heavens were fled.

Further confirmation: The Lord told Adam & Eve in Gen 1:28 . . . Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth . . .

The word ‘replenish’ means that it was once ‘plenished’ and needed to be REplenished. Likewise, after the flood in Noah’s time, the Lord used the same language when He told Noah, Gen 9:1 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and ‘REplenish’ the earth.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

The season is what the Lord meant, Heb 13:8; however, a winter storm of hatred (dealing very coldly with those fleeing Antichrist) should also be expected.  Great question!

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

Technically, Matt 24:20 is giving us two events (in winter nor on a Sabbath). The Sabbath is the seventh day of the week on any given week of the year. I guess when looking at it that way, the day and hour unknown has merit also. I hope this brings encouragement for October 10 rapture watch.. youtube(dot)com/watch?v=-0VhczXddBk

Matt 24:20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

5494 [e] χειμῶνος
cheimōnos in winter, N-GMS
3366 [e] μηδὲ
mēde nor Conj
4521 [e] σαββάτῳ·
sabbatō on a Sabbath. N-DNS

Just a follow up to the original post. Info about the Sabbath..

Verses 19-20 Women who were expecting babies and women with young children would be less able to run. It would be difficult for them to escape. Also, the weather in the winter could cause problems to the travellers. Another difficulty for the *Jews would be if they must travel on the *Sabbath. Jesus told them to pray that it would not be in winter or on a *Sabbath.

The *Jews could only travel a short distance on the *Sabbath. That was the *Sabbath day’s journey. That was about 1000 yards or 900 metres (2000 *cubits). That rule was one of their traditions. To travel further would be work and they must not work on the *Sabbath day. The *Mount of Olives was about a *Sabbath day’s journey from Jerusalem (Acts 1:12). That distance would not be enough to escape on that day. *Jewish Christians may be unwilling to travel more than that distance. That may not bother some Christians but other people may try to stop them.. https://www.easyenglish.bible/bible-commentary/matthew21-28-im-lbw.htm

Biblehub...  a. singular σάββατον and τό σάββατον: Mark 6:2; ( L Tr); Mark 16:1; John 5:9f, etc.; equivalent to the institution of the sabbath, the law for keeping holy every seventh day of the week: Matthew 12:8; Mark 2:27; Luke 6:5; λύειν, John 5:18; τηρεῖν, John 9:16; ἡ ἡμέρα τοῦ σαββάτου (הַשַּׁבָּת יום, Exodus 20:8 and often), the day of the sabbath, sabbath-day, Luke 13:16; Luke 14:5; ὁδός σαββάτου, a sabbath-day's journey, the distance it is lawful to travel on the sabbath-day, i. e. according to the Talmud two thousand cubits or paces, according to Epiphanius (haer. 66, 82) six stadia: Acts 1:12, cf. Matthew 24:20 (the regulation was derived from Exodus 16:29); cf. Winers RWB, under the word Sabbathsweg; Oehler in Herzog xiii., 203f (cf. Leyrer in Herzog edition 2 vol. 9:379); Mangold in Sehenkel v., 127f; (Ginsburg in Alexander's Kitto under the word Sabbath Day's Journey; Lumby on Acts 1:12 (in Cambr. Bible for Schools)). as dative of time (Winers Grammar,

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/12/2018 at 10:50 AM, Da Servant said:

The season is what the Lord meant, Heb 13:8; however, a winter storm of hatred (dealing very coldly with those fleeing Antichrist) should also be expected.  Great question!

We are certainly told about the Parable of the "Christmas Tree" in Genesis with Adam and Eve, and God sending them away with Fur Coats for the Winter Season.

JOEL 1:12 The vine is dried up, and the fig tree languisheth; the pomegranate tree, the palm tree also, and the apple tree, [even] all the trees of the field, are withered: because joy is withered away from the sons of men.

JOEL 1:13 Gird yourselves, and lament, ye priests: howl, ye ministers of the altar: come, lie all night in sackcloth, ye ministers of my God: for the meat offering and the drink offering is withholden from the house of your God.

JOEL 1:14  Sanctify ye a fast, call a solemn assembly, gather the elders [and] all the inhabitants of the land [into] the house of the LORD your God, and cry unto the LORD,

JOEL 1:15 Alas for the day! for the day of the LORD [is] at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come.

Jesus revealed the "Withered Fig Tree/Christmas Tree", it is at that time, we would be in the last harvest when the living and dead zombies would be revealed.

MATTHEW 24:20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

"Winter Solstice or 12/21", we are simply told not be disobedient in the Winter because that is the Sabbath of the Lord ........................(I would prefer to say Flight 370, but that did not happen in the Winter, and it was 1290 days from 9/23/2017, just a marker) .......................... 12/21/2012 was a complete prophecy for the sun in the galactic Center ....................... it was not a complete prophecy for the claims of the "Sun in Dark Rift" ............................ only the Gospel holds the key to that complete equation, and if that is true it can only be on a 12/21, perhaps 12/21/2018 is such a winter, we'll have to see very soon.

MATTHEW 24:26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, [he is] in the secret chambers; believe [it] not.

If the Desert is Jerusalem, they got rid of Jesus, and gave themselves up to sin, so we won't find him there ........................ If the Secret Chambers, are the Particle Colliders, we won't find him there either.  Our universe has no native "true unified field", it was designed only to mirror that in its extremes ...................... the argument has to be revealed the "Second Light Source" for those arguments to come into play.

(Jerusalem will be filled with many zombies, perhaps, but if the lord introduces somewhere else, then the zombies will first appear there, however the argument expands, we must keep watch)

Edited by Gibbus

On 6/20/2018 at 11:06 PM, Heb 13:8 said:

False  rapture? 1 Thess 4:17, Rev 12:5. I'd be careful who you're calling a false teacher n2.

Understand what you say,however I know for a fact that the rapture is a false doctrine,and I'm willing to bet my soul on it....