• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

2 hours ago, Billiards Ball said:

A lovely poem! Let us both praise Jesus for giving you this spiritual gift to encourage others.

:amen: Praising Jesus with you! There is nothing I want more than to use poetry for the glory of God and the uplifting of others. Please read update below, which I will be posting shortly.

15 minutes ago, Chrisy said:

Lovely poem. The truth is that u never have to feel worthless because you're NOT. Take this from a teen, we all worry about work, health or whatever but we don't need to because we have JESUS and PRAYERS. Whenever i have problems (big or small) i take them to God. And he ALWAYS answers, just in a way we might not expect. You may question God because things didn't go as u planned but  Man Proposes God Disposes. He knows why u had that disease or why u had that accident or why u got divorced or whatever. It is because he loves u and has plans 4 u. E.g A man who was rich and now poor may blame God for his "misfortune". He doesn't know that it was part of God's plan for him to become poor so he may experience what others are suffering and become a philanthropist. And ofcourse he will learn skills and make friends with people he might not have made friends with when he was rich. So noone has to feel worthless because God loves them and has plans for them. Remember this: Everytime life gives u lemons is an opportunity from God to refresh yourself with lemonade

God Bless U Always

I am so touched by what you wrote!! I have tears in my eyes. It takes me back to when I was teen and a new Christian. I was so exuberant for Jesus. He was my everything! I couldn't get enough of spending time with Him. But as I got older and hardships came fast and furious, things changed. It was "losing my first love", as the Bible puts it. I am finally coming out of the dark tunnel I was in far too long. Christians at Worthy like yourself have played a part in this. I am inspired by that very encouraging message you took the time to give me. You shared your heart!! It means more to me than I can express. Knowing someone cares really does help counter that worthless feeling.

Please read my update below, which I will be typing next. God bless you!

:mgcheerful: Good news! By the grace of God, I have been feeling more encouraged lately. The kindness of folks here has had a lot to do with that. Thanks to you who have cared and reached out to minister to me through this thread. I hope my poem is ministering to some out there who need it.

:) A poetry club has begun recently here at Worthy and I am blessed to be a part of that. I have posted 2 originals that I wrote so far. We also can post others poems and lyrics that are from Christian songs...as long as we post who wrote them. 

I invite all of you to stop by the club and read them...even if you don't write poems. If you do, you are welcome to join and share them. If you don't, you could still join and post song lyrics. The theme is praise. GBU all.

Edited by turtletwo
spelling errors
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oh- this is how you find the Poetry Club.

You go to the front page with the index of all the forums. Then you scroll down a ways and near the bottom you will see Worthy Clubs. It is the one that says,"Songs of Praise Poetry Club." Hope to see you there. And thanks again. :)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I'm so glad you are feeling better @turtletwo!!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Our treasure is Jesus.  We are but earthen vessels.

2Co 4:6  For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

2Co 4:7  But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us.

2Co 4:8  We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;

2Co 4:9  persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed—

2Co 4:10  always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.

2Co 4:11  For we who live are always delivered to death for Jesus' sake, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh.

2Co 4:12  So then death is working in us, but life in you.

2Co 4:13  And since we have the same spirit of faith, according to what is written, "I BELIEVED AND THEREFORE I SPOKE," we also believe and therefore speak,

2Co 4:14  knowing that He who raised up the Lord Jesus will also raise us up with Jesus, and will present us with you.

2Co 4:15  For all things are for your sakes, that grace, having spread through the many, may cause thanksgiving to abound to the glory of God.

2Co 4:16  Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.

2Co 4:17  For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding andeternal weight of glory,

2Co 4:18  while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

10 hours ago, Willa said:

Our treasure is Jesus.  We are but earthen vessels.

2Co 4:6  For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

2Co 4:7  But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us.

2Co 4:8  We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;

2Co 4:9  persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed—

2Co 4:10  always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.

2Co 4:11  For we who live are always delivered to death for Jesus' sake, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh.

2Co 4:12  So then death is working in us, but life in you.

2Co 4:13  And since we have the same spirit of faith, according to what is written, "I BELIEVED AND THEREFORE I SPOKE," we also believe and therefore speak,

2Co 4:14  knowing that He who raised up the Lord Jesus will also raise us up with Jesus, and will present us with you.

2Co 4:15  For all things are for your sakes, that grace, having spread through the many, may cause thanksgiving to abound to the glory of God.

2Co 4:16  Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.

2Co 4:17  For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding andeternal weight of glory,

2Co 4:18  while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Thanks for sharing the excellent scriptures!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  197
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  12/17/2004

Glad u feel better. Happy to help

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Hi @turtletwo!!  Just checking in to see how you are doing?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, HikerMom said:

Hi @turtletwo!!  Just checking in to see how you are doing?

Hi. It is very kind of you to ask. It's been touch and go. I have my better days and my bad days. Lately, the scale is tipping towards bad. My mother is worsening in many ways and the pressure is on from her doctor to pull the plug! This is wearing on me emotionally and taking a toll on my physical health. My insomnia is intense. I know you understand about that. It is nice when one member of the body of Christ cares that another member is hurting and checks on them. Thanks.