• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,522
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi, I see the phrase the gospel of Paul being used. I don't get the point of that phrase, what is the intent? There is the gospel of Jesus the good news of salvation by Christ alone the gospel the truth that Jesus is Lord God and savior. 

Paul is a disciple of Jesus, an apostle, giving testimony even to this day  via the written record of the gospel of Jesus. But the gospel of Paul? Is that  an attempt to state that Paul has another truth and  a different gospel? Is it a denial of the God inspired ministry and writing by Paul? Or is it something else altogether?  

I think I understand but find I don't appreciate the term the gospel according to Paul, but this term the gospel of Paul is foreign to me.

To me the Apostles did not teach separate gospel, separate truth, no disciple does. There are no separate truths, only the good news of Jesus our Lord God and personal savior.

Edited by Neighbor
changed an to a
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

54 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, I see the phrase the gospel of Paul being used. I don't get the point of that phrase, what is the intent? There is the gospel of Jesus the good news of salvation by Christ alone the gospel the truth that Jesus is Lord God and savior. 

Paul is a disciple of Jesus, an apostle, giving testimony even to this day  via the written record of the gospel of Jesus. But the gospel of Paul? Is that  an attempt to state that Paul has another truth and  a different gospel? Is it a denial of the God inspired ministry and writing by Paul? Or is it something else altogether?  

I think I understand but find I don't appreciate the term the gospel according to Paul, but this term the gospel of Paul is foreign to me.

To me the Apostles did not teach separate gospel, separate truth, no disciple does. There are no separate truths, only the good news of Jesus our Lord God and personal savior.

I agree... Often when you hear people talking about the Gospel of Paul they are the kind of people who want to attack the letters of Paul as being false / uninspired and against the Gosepl of Jesus..

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,824
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Thank you for bringing this up.

Paul and all the disciples teach the same thing. 

That JESUS has been exaulted and sitted on the Heavenly Throne and is made Lord of all and a judge of all. 

Yet many they spread rumors that Jesus is indeed sitting on the Heavenly Throne as a Judge, but he does not have any authority to judge anyone yet. 

But some day far ahead he will be given that right. 

This is contrary to the words of JESUS CHRIST. 

"All authority is given unto me", . 

That JESUS is executing judgement and has been executing judgement since the time when he was glorified and was sitted on the Throne. 

They project Jesus as a baby and are waiting for him to come of age so he can exersize judgement. 

When the scriptures says, that the Father has given Jesus everything he had , he did not held anything back from him , so Jesus can execute Judgement in the same way the Father would have execute Judgement. 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 hours ago, Yowm said:

Paul explained the meaning of Christ's death, burial and resurrection like no other including justification and our relation to the law and life in the Spirit.

Romans 2:16 KJV
[16] In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

John , peter , jude ,  james ,   THEY were not the writers paul was .    Meaning ,  we got very few of their letters .  Had they been writing to all those different groups

WE would have heard them say the same identical gospel as paul .   WE just have way more letters from paul .   the man wrote letters constantly . 

JOHN was one who for sure was not big on ink and pen .  HE made mention HE would tell them things face to face when he sees them .

PAUL,  most of his letters came from the cross bar motel.   So he wrote long letters and many of them in cases .

Every single apostel of JESUS would have been edified by pauls letters , as he would have been from theirs .  NOT a one contradicted each other .

THE CANON is SEALED FOR GOOD REASON and its meat for THE CHURCH ,whether they jew or gentile.   THE CANON , and every ounce of it, IS FOR US .  

NOW ,   you already know that I say next ,   YOU RAISE THOSE HANDS YOWM,  DO IT ,    RAISE THEM UP ,  LEAP UP and PRAISE THE LORD .  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Actualy Paul did just that: 

He preach another Gospel to the Jews, of the Pharician origin, and another Gospel to the Jews of the Saduccisian origin. 

The Gospel message to the Gentile Athenians is from a different approch, than the approch used in Berria and Thessalonians. 

The Gospel approch to the Eastern people had to be from a different angle, than the Gospel to the Romans and Greegs, who had a very rich coulture about life after death, and they knew quite a lot, of what was hapening in the place of the dead. And they knew the ruler the "Hades" and that no one could escape from him. 

So the knews about Jesus setting those in prison free from the ruler if the dead in his name and taking to a bewtifull place in Heaven it was too good to be truth!!!.

The example of the Macedonian man in Philipi is of great importance, even the girls testimony that what Paul is sayingvit is Truth. 

About Jesus having the keys of Hades and Death. 

And the heavenly place, of the God of the underworld loosing his right to take all the people upon death. 

The Gospel to those who hold the teachings of incarnation had to have a different context. 

Today the Gospel to the people should be taylor to theis knowledge and their customs and their bank of information. 

To the Catholic to say believe outright is offensive, because to a believing Catholic he will tell you that you cannot be a Catholic if you don't believe in Jesus CHRIST. 

So do not try to saved a saved Catholic. 

As Jesus said go to the byways and the dirty roads and fine Catholics who are refusing to go to church and give them the Gospel of faith without rituals and live them alone, unless they inquire about more. 

You gave a soul peace. 

Don't judge their lives, live this to Jesus CHRIST. 

They are his he knows the ones he can bring or they are ready to come around. 

Thats his prerogative, his business. 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.35

10 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Were it not for Paul, there would be no church doctrine entitled "Justification by Faith".

Were it not for Paul, you would not have 99% of the "Doctrine" that we regard as Truth for body of Christ.

Were it not for Paul, your New Testament would be missing about 70% of itself.

The term "Pauline Theology", is really just another way of explaining how/that everything we understand regarding. "Grace",  "The Atonement", "Salvation", "Redemption" "Justification", and on and on, would not be understood "doctrinally" were it not for the Apostle Paul.

A Christian, does not even begin to comprehend their own Salvation, until they deeply study the epistles written by Paul.

Jesus, Yesuha the Lord Almighty, Himself, literally took Paul  and isolated him and taught him all that we understand regarding "The Atonement" and "Justification by Faith" alone.

Paul is the only apostle who told you...>"be a follower of ME, as I follow Christ".

Peter, in 2nd Peter, when discussing Paul's letters to the church, likened them to the TORAH, and evaluated Paul's letters as EQUAL to the "Scriptures".... (Torah).

Paul is the only apostle who was raised from the dead after being stoned.

So, there is no question that Paul is the center of it all regarding "Doctrine" for the Body of Christ.

The greatest Christian who ever lived or will ever live, is the apostle Paul.

<B><

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

John , peter , jude ,  james ,   THEY were not the writers paul was .    Meaning ,  we got very few of their letters .  Had they been writing to all those different groups

WE would have heard them say the same identical gospel as paul .   WE just have way more letters from paul .   the man wrote letters constantly . 

JOHN was one who for sure was not big on ink and pen .  HE made mention HE would tell them things face to face when he sees them .

PAUL,  most of his letters came from the cross bar motel.   So he wrote long letters and many of them in cases .

Every single apostel of JESUS would have been edified by pauls letters , as he would have been from theirs .  NOT a one contradicted each other .

THE CANON is SEALED FOR GOOD REASON and its meat for THE CHURCH ,whether they jew or gentile.   THE CANON , and every ounce of it, IS FOR US .  

NOW ,   you already know that I say next ,   YOU RAISE THOSE HANDS YOWM,  DO IT ,    RAISE THEM UP ,  LEAP UP and PRAISE THE LORD .  

This is a good and  insightful, thank you for posting and for honouring those who left everything for the Gospel of good News of JESUS CHRIST. 

Thank you again, 

I love you in CHRIST......

The disciples lived for many years and day in day were teaching and speaking of the things of the faith, and during their lifetime they spent a lot of time with Jesus.

This is the same as it is with Jesus , if we had written down everything they teach we would have thousands of books to go through. 

And for that matter it is not fair to them in their absence to talk about them that we know everything about them from a few pages. 

May we be carerfull to avoid doing injustice to them ......

Edited by Your closest friendnt
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

1Pe 1:3  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

1Pe 1:4  to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you,

1Pe 1:5  who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

It would seem the Peter preaches salvation by grace (unmerited mercy) through faith.  He also preaches that we are kept by the power of God through faith.  In 2 Peter 3:14-16 he also called Paul's epistle "Scripture" the same as the "the rest of the Scriptures".  He had a very hight regard for Paul's teaching.   In fact, just to be sure that they were on the same page, Paul had consulted with the apostles in Jerusalem comparing his teaching with theirs.   

Paul just traveled far and wide establishing churches, and then spent much time chained to a guard or in prison so that he had to write to the churches to keep in touch.  He sent Timothy and others back and forth with his letters.  Paul was the only one who was also a Roman citizen so he was given more privileges than the others and was not executed as quickly.  John was the only one who outlived them all.  

• This is Worthy 2
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

This is the Gospel that Paul preached, and it is certainly the same that is in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.  

1Co 15:1  Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand,

1Co 15:2  and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.

1Co 15:3  For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures,

1Co 15:4  that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,

1Co 15:5  and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve.

1Co 15:6  Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 2

• Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,522
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Thank you all for the discussion to date!

I have been led now to look upon expositions and commentaries. And the fuller context of Romans 2:16. I see no new or different gospel from that of Christ Jesus. I do see perhaps better the context of the fuller passage, and am on to a personal attempt at better seeing the time line the circumstance  of Paul  at the time. All with the goal of understanding a little better his thrust to the Jew that they were not exempt from the gospel of Jesus, the gospel that Paul "owned" and declared.

Looks like it can be a fun one-

Please add as anyone may see fit and as interest is peaked.

• Thanks 1