• Topic Count:  125
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,083
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

On 6/19/2018 at 11:13 AM, Adstar said:

The question then has to be asked..

What is the definition of spiritual death?

Does anyone cease to exist?

Death to me is just a transition from one form of existence to another form of existence.. Once we are created we never cease to exist.. In one form or another..

James 2:26 defines death as separation of  Body and Spirit.     Spiritual death would likely be separation from God.

Since,  Jesus is God,  spiritual death is impossible for him.   Psa 22 is used as the proof text for spiritual death of Jesus.

Unfortunately, they did not read the whole Chapter which the listeners would know.

Psalm 22 King James Version (KJV)
22  My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

2  O my God, I cry in the day time, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent.

3  But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.

4  Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.

5  They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded.

6  But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.

7  All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,

8  I have trusted on the Lord that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.

9  But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts.

10  I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly.

11  Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help.

12  Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round.

13  They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion.

14  I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.

15  My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.

16  For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

17  I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.

18  They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

19  But be not thou far from me, O Lord : O my strength, havete thee to help me.

20  Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog.

21  Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.

22  I will declare thy name beside my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee.

23  Ye that fear the Lord , praise him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all ye the seed of Israel.

24  For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither hath he hid his face from him; but when I've cried unto him, I've heard.

25  My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear him.

26  The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the Lord that seek him: your heart shall live for ever.

27  All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the Lord : and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.

28  For the kingdom is the Lord 's: and he is the governor among the nations.

29  All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul.

30  A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

31  They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness alongside a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5

On 6/19/2018 at 4:36 PM, angels4u said:

The reason I put this topic up was that I was surprised that Arnold Fruchtenbaught believes that Jesus did die :(

How can God die,think of it,really?

35479204_408160139663659_7962221200384458752_n.png

I and my Father are one.    

The Father is God right?

On 6/19/2018 at 4:41 PM, brujaq said:

Yes I think Jesus suffered spiritual death .. The physical death was bad enough but I think the great anguish he suffered early in prayer as he settled the matter that day was knowing for the first and only time in his life he (our perfect Lamb of God) would experience ''hell'' being out of the presence of God the Father and on our account when he associated with us in spite of our sin .. 

Psalm 139: 7-9 King James Version (KJV)
7  Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

8  If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

9  If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;

On 6/19/2018 at 10:09 PM, angels4u said:

Hi Cletus,

God never meant for us to die physically but because of sin entering the world, Adam did die physically and got spiritually disconnected.

Eve had faith in the Lord and most likely is saved through faith , most likely  Adam took her example and is saved through faith also because Jesus was born out of the line of Adam.

Romans 5:12 

12 Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned—Romans 5:12

1 Corinthians 15:20–22 (

20 But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For as by a man came death, by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.

Hebrews 4:15For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin .

Hebrews 9:28So Christ was once offered to bear the sin s of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

2 Corinthians 5:21 [Full Chapter]
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Did Jesus spiritually die?

No, the spirit is an eternal being. That means it never dies. Here's a little scriptural backup. 

BIBLE VERSES ABOUT THE IMMORTAL SOUL

• Ezekiel 18:4 - Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is …
    • 1 Corinthians 15:53 - For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal [must] put on …
    • Ecclesiastes 12:7 - Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto …
    • Matthew 10:28 - And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather …

• This is Worthy 1

On 7/3/2018 at 4:44 PM, angels4u said:

Jesus had not God's life in Him ,He is God and did not die spiritually,how can God die?

Exactly, How can God be separated from himself?

• Well Said! 1

On 7/4/2018 at 8:45 AM, Guest shiloh357 said:

Jesus died physically.   God cannot die.  Jesus' deity did not die on the cross.   Jesus saved the thief on the cross, which proves that Jesus was still God when he hung on the cross.  Only God can save.   If Jesus were just a man on the cross, He would have had the power to save the thief.

The hearsay in question is a form of Gnosticism.    Some gnostics taught that God left the body on just before the cross.

"Valentinus contended that Christ descended on Jesus at his baptism but left him before his death on the cross. "

https://www.searchingthescriptures.net/main_pages/articles/gnosticism_jesus.htm

"

5. Therefore did the Lord also say to His disciples after the resurrection, O thoughtless ones, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken! Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into His glory? Luke 24:25 And again does He say to them: These are the words which I spoke unto you while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the Psalms, concerning Me. Then opened He their understanding, that they should understand the Scriptures, and said to them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise again from the dead, and that repentance for the remission of sins be preached in His name among all nations. Luke 24:44, etc. Now this is He who was born of Mary; for He says: The Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected, and crucified, and on the third day rise again. The Gospel, therefore, knew no other son of man but Him who was of Mary, who also suffered; and no Christ who flew away from Jesus before the passion; but Him who was born it knew as Jesus Christ the Son of God, and that this same suffered and rose again, as John, the disciple of the Lord, verifies, saying: But these are written, that you might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you might have eternal life in His name, John 20:31 — foreseeing these blasphemous systems which divide the Lord, as far as lies in their power, saying that He was formed of two different substances. For this reason also he has thus testified to us in his Epistle: Little children, it is the last time; and as you have heard that Antichrist does come, now have many antichrists appeared; whereby we know that it is the last time. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us: but [they departed], that they might be made manifest that they are not of us. Know therefore, that every lie is from without, and is not of the truth. Who is a liar, but he that denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is Antichrist.

6. But inasmuch as all those before mention"   http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0103316.htm

Edited by Daniel Marsh

Ephesians 4: 8-10 King James Version (KJV)
8  Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

9  (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

10  He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot :

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

From what i percieve in the scriptures the word became flesh,the man Jesus. At his baptisum the Holy Spirit descended upon him. not within, that was not available yet,.and at His crucifixtion he gave up His Spirit when it was finnished.so no the Spirit did not die  He Christ died.after three days God ressurected Him,He rose again,the first born,a new creation, 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  16

Jesus did spiritually die and His resurrection defeated spiritual death forever.  If He did not die spiritually, we are all lost in our sins with no hope.  Thank God He did submit to both spiritual AND physical death, BOTH kinds of death the Bible speaks of.  And thank God He triumphed over both.  I cannot help but be amazed at how many who know Him have such anemic understanding of the fundamentals of the salvation found ONLY ....IN Him.