• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,082
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

https://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/?quicksearch=Adam&qs_version=ERV

None of the texts about Adam says his spirit ceased to exist.

If one's spirit ceases at death, then God would have to recreate our spirits at the resurrection.

Would it be fair for a recreated spirit to suffer for our behavior while alive on earth?

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

I think a better point would be what took place in Christ's birth, death, and resurrection

than simply trying to define / justify a category like the death of God...

Philippians 2:6 (morphe theos huparchon) ā† while never ceasing to be God / equal with God, God the Word became a man (also 1 Timothy 2:5).

To be the daysman between God and man (Job 9:33).

He is the last Adam (the sole creation of the Father John 1:14, John 3:16-18, Hebrews 10:5, Hebrews 1:5).

The first Adam was His (God the Word's) creation as were all things created in the beginning (John 1:1-3, Colossians 1:13-16, ISAIAH 44:24) "by himself... alone"

Luke 3:38 "Adam the son of God..." the Word.

Interesting correction as to the answer to:

Proverbs 30:4 (AV)
4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his sonā€™s name, if thou canst tell?

Answer:

#1 Jesus (Preincarnate)

#2 The first Adam

Adam = prototype

Jesus is the Last Adam not the heir of the First Adam but the unique creation of the Father. His only creation in fact (John 1:14b etc.).

He never had the sin nature the children of the first Adam have. He is his own human race. Population: Jesus.

He was physically created as an embryo by the Father, planted in the virgin womb of his gestational surrogate Mary (thereby meeting the requirements of the law of heir to David, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob). He laid that life down on the cross and took it up again on the third day.Ā 

While his Spirit (God the Word) was separated from his body in the tomb / heart of the earth... he went in Spirit to Sheol, declared the victory to all there, and took those awaiting his deliverance in Abraham's bosom to heaven in disembodied spirits that same day he died on the cross. Observe:

Matthew 12:39ā€“40 (AV)
39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whaleā€™s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Son of man = his humanity (i.e. his body)

Luke 23:43 (AV)
43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Jesus died on the cross @ 3PM and the day ended @ 6PM give or take a minute or two.

Ephesians 4:8ā€“10 (AV)
8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

The typical objectionĀ  to this is:

John 20:17 (AV)
17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

But at this point, Jesus had not yet ascended to heaven IN HIS RESURRECTED FORM. Spiritually he ascended the day he died on the cross.Ā 

And the touch me not was apparently due to her monthly flow since others clasped his feet (Matthew 28:8-9)... for this ascension was that of the firstfruits from the grave in keeping with the

Leviticus 23:10ā€“12 (AV)
10 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest:
11 And he shall wave the sheaf before the LORD, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the sabbath the priest shall wave it.
12 And ye shall offer that day when ye wave the sheaf an he lamb without blemish of the first year for a burnt offering unto the LORD.

Which Jesus did that same day (the day of his resurrection).

The ascension 40 days later was the conclusion of his first advent upon the Earth / indication of how he would return as Judge.

The Spirit of Jesus (God the Word) did not die on the cross. I just showed how we could track him during the three days he was disembodied from his

body in the tomb. And how he is joined as a resurrected man (1 John 3:2) with that body forever and ever.

Hebrews 10:5ā€“9 (AV)
5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

Psalm 51:16 (AV)
16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.

Psalm 40:6 (AV)
6 Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.

Exodus 21:6 (AV)
6 Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  2,082
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

The argument I am trying to develop in this thread is simple.Ā 

Christians in the Bible are to be indelt with the Holy Spirit.

As Historical Christians we are indelt with the Holy Spirit.

Are Jehovah's Witnesses by their own word indelt with the Holy Spirit?

If not, someone is teaching them about "Another Holy Spirit"Ā  or about another "Spirit of Christ".

This should be done by comparing their Bible with ours.Ā 

Ā 

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  03/31/1961

On 6/19/2018 at 8:59 AM, angels4u said:

If Jesus was God, and Jesus died on the cross, does that mean God died?

Question: "Did God die? If Jesus was God, and Jesus died on the cross, does that mean God died?"

Answer:Ā Did God die when Jesus died on the cross? The answer depends on how we understand the meaning of the wordĀ die. To die does not mean to go out of existence. Death is separation. Physical death is when the soul-spirit separates from the physical body. So, in that sense, yes, God died, because Jesus was God in human form, and Jesusā€™ soul-spirit separated from His body (John 19:30). However, if by ā€œdeathā€ we mean ā€œa cessation of existence,ā€ then, no, God did not die. For God to ā€œdieā€ in that sense would mean that He ceased to exist, and neither the Father nor the Son nor the Holy Spirit will ever cease to exist. The Son, the second Person of the Trinity, left the body He temporarily inhabited on Earth, but His divine nature did not die, nor could it.

Jesus is truly God and truly man. His physical body did die; His heart stopped beating, and ā€œhe gave up his spiritā€ (Matthew 27:50). Just as our physical bodies will someday die, so did His. But as Jesus died physically, He remained alive spiritually. Jesus made good on His promise to the believingĀ thief on the crossā€”He and the thief both went to paradise, not physically, but in spirit (Luke 23:43).

So, Jesus diedĀ physicallyĀ on the cross, as was plain for all to see (John 19:34). But there is also the matter ofĀ spiritualĀ death. When Jesus was hanging on the cross, He experienced death on our behalf. Even though He is God, He still had to suffer the agony of a temporaryĀ separationĀ from the Father due to the sin He bore. After three hours of supernatural darkness, Jesus cried, ā€œMy God, my God, why have you forsaken me?ā€ (Mark 15:34). So, could it be said that Jesus also ā€œdiedā€ spiritually? Again, it was only His human nature that was separated from God, not His divine nature. God did not ā€œdie.ā€

The question for all people to ask is ā€œwhat will happen to my soul/spirit when it leaves my physical body?ā€ This is the most crucial question in life. As we saw with Jesus, our spirits will leave our bodies and travel on to somewhere else. We will either follow Him to heaven to spend eternity with Him, or we will go to hell to spend eternity in ā€œouter darknessā€ where there will be ā€œweeping and gnashing of teethā€ (Matthew 8:12). There is no other option. Jesusā€™ death on the cross paid the way for all who would ever believe in Him so that we can know for sure where our spirits will reside for eternity. His death provided us spiritual life, both here and in heaven. ā€œAnd if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in youā€ (Romans 8:11).https://www.gotquestions.org/did-God-die.html

When Christ hung on the cross, scripture shows that He spiritually died:Ā Ā 

Matt 27:46Ā  And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

The number 3 in scripture is a symbol for spiritual death.Ā  That is why Christ was in the grave three days and not two or four.Ā 

There were manyĀ things that Christ accomplished on the cross, one of which symbolized the pathway that mankind must take to receive the gift of salvation.Ā  When Christ first comes to a person (symbolized by Paul's Damascus Road experience), we quickly accept Christ but because of our spiritual blindness, we also quickly fall away from faith and back to works.Ā  At that point, we spiritually die (as Paul typed for us by being sick and blind for three days in Damascus).Ā  We all must experience this spiritual death after Christ's first appearanceĀ to us.Ā  If Christ comes to us a second time before we physically die, we will be resurrected (spiritually that is) upon His appearance.Ā  Spiritual death means toĀ lose one'sĀ relationship with God the Father.Ā  Only the second appearance of Christ in our lives will restore that relationship.Ā  Ā 

Besides Paul Damascus Road experience, this pathway is typed for us in many other scriptures.Ā  Below is a short list of some of the more well scriptures.

1). The Israelites wandering in the wilderness for 40 years.

2. Noah's Ark.

3. The earlyĀ and latter rain.

4. The healing of the blind man in Mark 8.

5. The woman taken in adultery who was about to be stoned.

As for what happens when die, we must first understand what our soul is.Ā  Ā BODY + SPIRIT = A LIVING SOUL.Ā Ā Ā Without a body, our soul dies and our spirit returns to God the Father.Ā  That is why our resurrection from the grave gives us life again.Ā  There is no life without a body (physical or spiritual).Ā Ā 

Joe

Ā 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

To answer the OP. No. The scriptures say he visited the sons of God that sinned in the underworld. So His Spirit was extant. And always has been. Father, Yeshua and the Holy Ghost are from everlasting to everlasting.