Gus

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

So I have been banned form two topics already just because I am challenging some the views held here. Now I cant even see the replies.

Is that how it works around here? If you disagree or challenge anything you are just banned and blocked?

Edited by Gus

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,765
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

6 minutes ago, Gus said:

So I have been banned form two topics already just because I am challenging some the views held here. Now I cant even see the replies.

Is that how it works around here? If you disagree or challenge anything you are just banned and blocked?

Actually its only if you personally attack someone.  I did read one post ( I didn't remove you from the thread) but you called someone a bigot and intolerant.

This comment just shows up your bigotry and intolerance. How 'you' see God and Jesus is not how everyone else in the world does. What does it say in the bible Jesus looked like exactly?

That's what got you removed from that thread.

I don't know the other one.  However, on the terms of service it clearly states ...

Abuse of other posters is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, name calling, insulting, harassing, threatening or in any way invading the privacy of another poster. We also strongly discourage giving out personal information such as email addresses, physical addresses and phone numbers on the public boards. Any information given out in private is at your own discretion and risk. (Eph. 4: 29)

Debate the subject, not the person. It is possible to disagree about a doctrine or subject under discussion without insulting the person with whom you are debating. Also remember that the fact that a person disagrees with you does not mean they are attacking you as a person. Respect each other in the love of God! This is the main reason that threads get stopped, shut down, and even deleted!  We also reserve the right to remove any member from any thread for any of these violations. Users that cannot respect others will be banned. (Lev. 19:18)

Worthy is not like other forums ... if we disagree ... can we disagree in love?  

God bless,

George

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

4 minutes ago, George said:

Actually its only if you personally attack someone.  I did read one post ( I didn't remove you from the thread) but you called someone a bigot and intolerant.

That's what got you removed from that thread.

I don't know the other one.  However, on the terms of service it clearly states ...

Abuse of other posters is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, name calling, insulting, harassing, threatening or in any way invading the privacy of another poster. We also strongly discourage giving out personal information such as email addresses, physical addresses and phone numbers on the public boards. Any information given out in private is at your own discretion and risk. (Eph. 4: 29)

Debate the subject, not the person. It is possible to disagree about a doctrine or subject under discussion without insulting the person with whom you are debating. Also remember that the fact that a person disagrees with you does not mean they are attacking you as a person. Respect each other in the love of God! This is the main reason that threads get stopped, shut down, and even deleted!  We also reserve the right to remove any member from any thread for any of these violations. Users that cannot respect others will be banned. (Lev. 19:18)

Worthy is not like other forums ... if we disagree ... can we disagree in love?  

God bless,

George

Thats fair enough George and I appreciate your quick response.

However, although my statement was strong, I do not feel it was a personal attack, bearing the content of what the other poster was stating, which in itself was hardly from a position of love and respect?

Still, it is your decision.

• Steward

7 minutes ago, Gus said:

Thats fair enough George and I appreciate your quick response.

However, although my statement was strong, I do not feel it was a personal attack, bearing the content of what the other poster was stating, which in itself was hardly from a position of love and respect?

Still, it is your decision.

I didn't really participate in the thread ... I just read the reported posts.  When someone "reports a post" it goes to a queue to review.  I just remember seeing the report -- but I didn't act on it.  If there's ever an issue -- that's what the Report Post function is for. 

God bless,

George

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,537
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

5 hours ago, Gus said:

Hi, An excellent response was given. In regard to is that how it works around here? I suggest that  like much of the world one doesn't want to be the second person giving offense. To respond in kind to an attack gets often one reported and banned, and not the other person. Happens to me on occasion.

I now find it a bit funny, it's like getting called for a penalty in hockey; person X will slam me, I try to respond, evidently person X reports my response or the official sees my response only, and I get banned from the thread. Hey life is hard- But the board is fun and I do appreciate the fine efforts at making it a good place to discuss and share among Christians.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

6 hours ago, Gus said:

Now I cant even see the replies.

I think if you sign out, you can read the replies, but you can't post anything.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I agree that “calling names is not acceptable”

How about to give a guy just a warning, second chance, and reinstate his privileges?

• This is Worthy 1

• Steward

1 hour ago, Alex2165 said:

I agree that “calling names is not acceptable”

How about to give a guy just a warning, second chance, and reinstate his privileges?

It's a person only removed from One Thread.  They never lost their privileges across the forums.   It's not a ban ... just removal from one particular discussion.

• Steward

4 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, An excellent response was given. In regard to is that how it works around here? I suggest that  like much of the world one doesn't want to be the second person giving offense. To respond in kind to an attack gets often one reported and banned, and not the other person. Happens to me on occasion.

In my own life, I'm a husband, father of 2 great kids that we homeschool, pastor, run all the Worthy Sites, send out a daily newsletter (Worthy Brief), etc -- let's just say I'm busy ...

So I log in ... and I see multiple reports to deal with ... several pms ... and I'm pressed for time.  I don't have time to read pages and pages of a discussion.  I'll review the report -- and say -- is this -- or is this not a violation of a term of service.  

Most of the time, I pressed for time.  I'm online for my brief stint to deal with issues.

So you may feel like you got singled out ... but in reality, I'm reading something that was reported ... and most of the time only having the time to read the report and why it was reported.   

I hope this explains why you may have felt singled out ... and believe me ... I don't have time to read everything!  :)  

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,537
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

10 minutes ago, George said:

In my own life, I'm a husband, father of 2 great kids that we homeschool, pastor, run all the Worthy Sites, send out a daily newsletter (Worthy Brief), etc -- let's just say I'm busy ...

So I log in ... and I see multiple reports to deal with ... several pms ... and I'm pressed for time.  I don't have time to read pages and pages of a discussion.  I'll review the report -- and say -- is this -- or is this not a violation of a term of service.  

Most of the time, I pressed for time.  I'm online for my brief stint to deal with issues.

So you may feel like you got singled out ... but in reality, I'm reading something that was reported ... and most of the time only having the time to read the report and why it was reported.   

I hope this explains why you may have felt singled out ... and believe me ... I don't have time to read everything!  :)  

Oh, I don't feel especially singled out, second guy to throw an elbow  in any sport usually gets flagged. I know you  are busy, it is just the way things go in life. Gets funny sometimes. I do appreciate the board,  how it is organized, and it's well designed limitations. It is a good ministry.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1