• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/19/2018 at 11:24 PM, jello5 said:

I come here genuinely seeking instructions. I used to believe in God, and the idea of hell scared the **** out of me. I lived in constant (overwhelming) anxiety due to the fear of not being a good enough Christian and going to hell.

Please post the Scriptures that drove you to this great anxiety?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, 7thseal said:

Please post the Scriptures that drove you to this great anxiety?

If the day ever comes that you convince yourself that you are “ good enough” to deserve Heaven, I will guarantee your damnation. You are a wise man to be scared.Only Jesus is “ good enough”.One puts their faith in His performance, not their own.If you are ever blessed enough to have the Holy Spirit reveal to you your wretchedness before a Holy God,Then maybe you will turn to the One Whose PERFECT  performance can be imputed to you.As of now , you are clueless about what Christianity is. Find a version of Romans you can easily understand and become familiar with it—— at least then you will know what it is and you can decide to believe it or reject it. Best of luck and may God bless you in your search. I will be praying for you.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 2:24 PM, jello5 said:

I come here genuinely seeking instructions.

I want to believe. I really do. Seriously. But, I don't want it to give me anxiety that's so hardcore that I have constant panic attacks. AND, I've dug so deep into the "God vs No God" debates that I feel like I've heard pretty much every argument from both sides because I haven't found a new one from either side in sooooooo long and it's just super repetitive at this point. To me, it seems as though atheists won the argument.

Is there somebody who has some unique take, or can tell me something I probably don't know, or ANYTHING at all that could convince me that God is real again? I'm not trying to "debate" and show you how smart I am. I genuinely want somebody to change my mind and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I have this conversation a lot, and depending on who I'm having it with I'll pretty much say"please convince me" and whenever I ask a question that's too hard I'll either get "God works in mysterious ways" or "You just have to have faith." BS. Please, somebody, have a conversation with me like a human being and don't get all robotic trying to show off how pious you are and don't dodge any questions. Don't ask me if I've, "talked to God about it." I've tried. A lot. Even after I've proclaimed nonbelief. I'm sick of people leaving my life over this. Even if you can't convince me that God is real, can somebody please convince me that he's good so I can maybe fake it till I make it at some point. Please.

Hi jello5,

Sounds like an appropriate name for your situation at the moment. You have been quite open, honest and frank about it. As you have led a `moral` life it seems it is not the heavy burden of `known` sins to bring you to God. However......the `love factor` has reared its head. Mmmm & `try to fake it` for a while. I did have a chuckle. But seriously God has you cornered.

You are having to tick off a lot of false stuff - who had the best argument, religious stuff, moral credit, etc And now you want to `know` God to be able to have the relationship with the one you love. Here`s a thought - would you like your girl who is a friend, (whom you love) to look at your picture and try to relate to it, or would you want to have her relate to you, in person. Silly question but actually that is what you seem to be doing in your relationship with God.

So my suggestion is -

- admit you are needing help, (to God)

- ask for cleansing, by Jesus` sacrifice,

- ask for His spirit to make your spirit alive to Him,

- thank Him and go about your life expecting Him to reveal Himself to you in only ways that you would understand.  (Be patient for when God highlights something you will be surprised and delighted.)

regards, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi again jello5,

I think my `picture` needs a bit more explanation.

So.... if your girlfriend tries to relate to a picture of you she can never get to know you. You have to reveal yourself to her, a bit at a time. It is a two way relationship over time.

Thus with us knowing God. Religion can tell us all about God, like a picture, BUT God has to reveal Himself to us for us to get to know Him, a bit at a time. We need to be patient and humble enough to let God reveal Himself to us as He wants to. He knows your heart and your mind, and how you think so just go about your life, but with an inner ear ready for a `highlight` of something that is personal to you. Maybe you will see God`s handiwork in a new light, maybe see other people afresh, maybe see your own heart in a new way......only God knows how to reveal Himself to each of us.

Relating to God and for the sovereign ruler of the universe to relate to us/me/you personally, is incredible. The greatest adventure, not only of this lifetime, but on into eternity.

regards, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 6/28/2018 at 11:10 PM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

If the day ever comes that you convince yourself that you are “ good enough” to deserve Heaven,

So why are you beating yourself up If you believe Jesus?

1 hour ago, 7thseal said:

So why are you beating yourself up If you believe Jesus?

????...... please elaborate.....you lost me, but I can assure you I am not “ beating myself up”..... I rest in the finished work of Christ......it makes for a great life....I highly recommend it....

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,213
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

How to believe in god again?

Just begin talking to Him again. He is always there it is just us who abandon Him,  but He is always there just waiting for us and when we come to Him in sincerity of heart, He is faithful to answer.

God wants us to have a daily communication with Him. He knows your needs, H knows your desire, but you can't please God  if you have no faith/faithfulness in Him.

Just begin to place your hand in His, and He will respond back.

Hebrews 11:6

The Faith of Abel, Enoch, Noah
5By faith Enoch was taken up so that he did not see death. He could not be found, because God had taken him away. For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God. 6And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who approaches Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him. 7By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in godly fear built an ark to save his family. By faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that comes by faith.…

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

:(I hear your frustration. I feel for your struggle. I know a lot of religious people who are professing Christians (but in actuality are not) act terribly towards atheists. I say this with shame. Their overly aggressive behavior only drives atheists away. It is wrong to hate them and I can honestly say I don't. Instead, my heart:broken_heart: breaks for them...and it breaks for YOU.

I wish I had the answers to convince you of God but as of now I don't know what advice to give. The Holy Spirit is the one who opens our spiritual eyes. I will pray for you that He does just that in His own special way...

I'm wondering if all that stuff you filled your mind with in those many debates needs to be cleared out. Maybe if you start fresh and seek God apart from humans messing with your head? :emot-questioned: Just a thought...

It seems you would not have come here if a part of you did not want God. I think the difficulty is perhaps that ALL of you does not want Him. Perhaps you do not want Him badly enough to surrender to doing things on His terms rather than your own? In other words, to lay down your unbelief and realize all humans must come to God by faith. That is the way God works according to the Bible. I know that's not what atheists want to hear. But it is what it is...Faith trumps proof (according to the Bible.) 

Sorry if I have annoyed you by saying stuff that tends to irritate you. But please hang in there in your search! I admire that you have not given up. There are people here who do care and will be praying for you.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/14/2018 at 4:54 PM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

????...... please elaborate.....you lost me, but I can assure you I am not “ beating myself up”.....

Sorry, I think we're getting confused on quoting post... My mistake to begin with and glad you responded. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, 7thseal said:

Sorry, I think we're getting confused on quoting post... My mistake to begin with and glad you responded. :)

Not a problem....God bless

• Thumbs Up 1