• Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,790
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

both in different places within Scripture

John 3:3
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
KJV

John 8:23
23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
KJV

John 17:14-17
14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
KJV

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, n2thelight said:

Which is the correct interpretation ?

If your talking about your title.

1 John chapter 4 verse 7

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.

And your only born of God through love, not pointing out someone's sins.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,777
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

Born from above, having the LIFE of GOD, through faith in JESUS CHRIST. We are saved. 

On the path to be saved from the menian of This world, the greed and the pride of this life, excessiveness. 

As a believer in JESUS CHRIST having the LIFE of GOD , living and walking in the LIFE..

In other words living a Godly and repented life. 

Being more specific , being carefull in this life, having as much as possible a charitable attitude, without been consumed by it, be a good parent and spouse, without beating up your self about that, don't steal and don't cheat. 

This is all about leading a life in a new attitude. 

And acknowledge that the Holy Spirit can help us and our children in every aspect and sircumstances in our life. 

We have the Holy Spirit, so stay away from fortune telling spirits, and other spirits who promise to us, love , health, and prosperity, most of them come from the East, because that's what the people have in these coultures, but we have something better , Jesus gave us the Holy Spirit and his Angels to meet all our needs.. 

And we also have our Christian brothers and sisters to support us and encourage us, and to fellowship and celebrate together our Holidays. 

Living the Godly life, we have the fellowship of the Holy Spirit.

Living a not repented life, we may invite and be in fellowship with other spirits, even evil spirits, we live the door open. 

Even evil spirits promising to do us good, and along the way corrupt our soul and our mind, and maybe even come to denied our faith, and be lost. 

Both.

Being born again = being born from [Him who came from/The Spirit that is from] above.

Jesus plays with the word.

1) John 3:4-8 = being re-birthed of the Spirit (v8) (see Nicodemus' reaction v4. Micro context determines this is the best way to interpret it). The theological broader context supports this, being that the new heart of the New Covenant is created by the Spirit.

2) John 3:12-13ff = believing in Him from above (Macro context shows Jesus probably playing off the 'from above' nuance of this word). ALSO John 1:32, 15:26 example, along with the words of comparison of "flesh" vs. "Spirit" (human world vs the 'heavenly' world) in the passage itself (John 3:6) = being born of the Spirit = being born from that which is from above.

Summary: Being born again = being born of the Spirit = believe in Him from above = The Spirit is is from above = being born again from above.

Edited by Guest

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, LukeRIC said:

Both.

Being born again = being born from [Him who came from/The Spirit that is from] above.

Jesus plays with the word.

1) John 3:4-8 = being re-birthed of the Spirit (v8) (see Nicodemus' reaction v4. Micro context determines this is the best way to interpret it). The theological broader context supports this, being that the new heart of the New Covenant is created by the Spirit.

2) John 3:12-13ff = believing in Him from above (Macro context shows Jesus probably playing off the 'from above' nuance of this word). ALSO John 1:32, 15:26 example, along with the words of comparison of "flesh" vs. "Spirit" (human world vs the 'heavenly' world) in the passage itself (John 3:6) = being born of the Spirit = being born from that which is from above.

Summary: Being born again = being born of the Spirit = believe in Him from above = The Spirit is is from above = being born again from above.

I agree ! They  are euonymus  so either are  the same. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,777
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 6/20/2018 at 3:45 AM, n2thelight said:

Which is the correct interpretation ?

Born again? 

This is a much misuse scripture, 

We are not in the same situation Nicodemus was, or to make it simple we are not at the end of the Old Covenant and the beginning of the New. 

This invitation applies to people only in the same position as Nicodemus. 

Nicodemus was born in the house of Jacob, who was the son of Isaac , the son of Abraham, and who he by birth had the privilege to belong to the family of God. 

That time God had children only from the Family of Abraham. 

( I am not ignoring the requirements of the Law of Moses),

Nicodemus was also in good standing with the requirements of the Law, and for that matter Nicodemus was the Lord's, according to the old Covenant. 

JESUS explained to Nicodemus, you are borned in the house of Jacob, and you are the Lord's, and you believe in me that I am the Christ. 

But this is what you are going to wittness; 

You are going to see me on the Cross, just like the Israelites in the desserd show the Serpent Mosses lifted up, 

The time is near and something will happened that you do not expec and you do not know about it. 

When you see me on the Cross, 

The New COVENANT will come. 

That may sound terrific News to everyone,

( without going into the reasons as to why at the momment),

Something also will happened that will afect the offsprings of the House of Jacob-Abraham. 

Their unique status of birth will be taken away, as a result the House of Jacob including the Jews will loose their special status because of their right to be considered the children of Abraham, because the Covenant with Abraham will end together with the Mosaic Covenant. 

That will effect the status of the Jews, from being the children of God to not being the children of God. 

All the Jews from that time on to be the children of God will need to be born in the family of JESUS Christ by believing in him. To come through his blood, meaning to believe in Jesus CHRIST that he died for the forgiveness of our sins. And that he raised for the dead, and receiving of his spirit of LIFE, this is the New Family of God.

God has begun a New Family, the Patriarh of this family is Jesus CHRIST, the family of the children of LIFE. 

If Nicodemus does not believe that Jesus is the Christ after he sees him on the Cross, he will be found in his Sins, together with all other Jews, by default, as the Mosaic Covenant is not honor anymore by God, only one the New COVENANT. 

To be born again appllies only to the Jews who still in error believe that they are God's when they are not. 

The rest of the world is invited to be born into the family of God, by believing in Jesus CHRIST, without any ritual, Jesus invites them to believe as they are, to him they are clean in the New COVENANT in his name, no need to look in their family background, as all the families on earth are cleansed by his death on the Cross.

"Reconciled to God in Jesus CHRIST". 

Just Believe in the Redeemer, the LIFE giver. And you are Saved , having a Heavenly inheritance. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt