Last Daze

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,986
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

• And He was saying to them all, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me.  For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he is the one who will save it.  Luke 9:23-24
  • For if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live.  Romans 8:13

Everyone who claims to be a follower of Jesus is called on to be a martyr as these verses state.  We either act fleshly, or we walk in the Spirit.  We either serve God or we serve ourselves.  No matter how you say it, the old selfish, sinful nature must be put to death.  It must be martyred for the cause of Christ.  It's a martyrdom that's spiritual in nature and is to be done daily.

Revelation 7 describes a multitude of believers who come out of the time of great tribulation that's associated with the martyrdom of the fifth seal.  This is a reference to physical martyrdom, the result of being killed instead of worshiping the image of the beast.  When the fifth seal is opened, everyone will be required to decide which they love more: the things of this world, or God.  Will you decide to receive the mark and worship the image in order to save your physical life?  Or will you reject the man of sin and his lies and keep the word of God's perseverance?  

Those who have been engaged in the daily spiritual martyrdom that Jesus talks about will have no issue with losing their physical life when confronted.  They will discern that the man of sin is a false prophet, and is not God as he claims.  They will not worship him or anyone else other than the one true God.  That mindset is simply an extension of having lived their lives as a martyr for Jesus.

Everyone who is alive when the fifth seal is opened will be faced with the decision of losing their life or saving it.  Don't become spiritually lazy from hoping in some great escape that never comes to pass.  Live your life as the martyr that Jesus calls you to be.  It's how those who act on the teachings of Jesus are supposed to live anyway.

An exhortation for my brothers and sisters in Christ.  I welcome other exhortations that will help us to be prepared for the time of great tribulation.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  170
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/21/1958

Wow. That will preach. 

Romans 6:1-7 ¶ What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  24,406
  • Content Per Day:  5.74
  • Days Won:  157
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

great in theory but what does this means to me practically? I am asking because I have read a lot of scripture and still can't figure out what exactly it means in my life. I have prayed about it, but I am still not entirely sure. I welcome any advice. I suspect that this is might be why frustrated as a Christian. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

"In all your ways acknowledge Him, and he will make your paths straight"

Just keep on this path and He will make it good for you

5 hours ago, IainL said:

great in theory but what does this means to me practically? I am asking because I have read a lot of scripture and still can't figure out what exactly it means in my life. I have prayed about it, but I am still not entirely sure. I welcome any advice. I suspect that this is might be why frustrated as a Christian. 

At its core, it means that we are no longer to serve ourselves by seeking our own way and our own advantage.  We are instead to know and to do the will of God, to serve Him instead of ourselves.

• And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.  Romans 12:2

The lives of those who are of the world are centered around themselves.  It's essentially a lifestyle of selfishness.  We are instead to center our lives on Christ, learn His teachings and act on them, and the Holy Spirit will be our guide.  That's how we worship God in spirit and truth.  How that works out specifically will be different for every believer based on their measure of faith, their gifts, etc.  

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

Agreed

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Content Per Day:  0.55

On 6/20/2018 at 12:17 PM, Last Daze said:
  •  

An exhortation for my brothers and sisters in Christ.  I welcome other exhortations that will help us to be prepared for the time of great tribulation.

Very good. 

Here is an exhortation which is very simple. Yet in these few words, very powerful. It has helped me a great deal in my walk......

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 

16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,130
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

What does martyrdom have to do with Salvation.  It does not.  Billy Graham died a natural death, did he make it to heaven. Yes.  J Vernon McGee died without being a martyr, so did Billy Sunday.  The verses you mentions have to do with the death to the flesh and sin.  Not dying a Martyr.

In Christ

Montana Marv

8 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

What does martyrdom have to do with Salvation.  It does not.  Billy Graham died a natural death, did he make it to heaven. Yes.  J Vernon McGee died without being a martyr, so did Billy Sunday.  The verses you mentions have to do with the death to the flesh and sin.  Not dying a Martyr.

• Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.  Romans 12:1

The spiritual condition of a man is manifested in his lifestyle.  If a person is to be a physical martyr, they must first be a spiritual martyr.

9 hours ago, JoeCanada said:

Here is an exhortation which is very simple. Yet in these few words, very powerful. It has helped me a great deal in my walk......

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 

16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Agreed!  I think a person's prayer life is the most accurate "barometer" of their spiritual health.