Last Daze

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0

"An exhortation for my brothers and sisters in Christ.  I welcome other exhortations that will help us to be prepared for the time of great tribulation"

Only if you plan to be in alive during the time of great tribulation .... the 70th week decreed for Israel

Those of today's church will already be in heaven [Revelation 7:9-17] 

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

On 6/20/2018 at 12:17 PM, Last Daze said:
  • And He was saying to them all, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me.  For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he is the one who will save it.  Luke 9:23-24
  • For if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live.  Romans 8:13

Everyone who claims to be a follower of Jesus is called on to be a martyr as these verses state.  We either act fleshly, or we walk in the Spirit.  We either serve God or we serve ourselves.  No matter how you say it, the old selfish, sinful nature must be put to death.  It must be martyred for the cause of Christ.  It's a martyrdom that's spiritual in nature and is to be done daily.

Revelation 7 describes a multitude of believers who come out of the time of great tribulation that's associated with the martyrdom of the fifth seal.  This is a reference to physical martyrdom, the result of being killed instead of worshiping the image of the beast.  When the fifth seal is opened, everyone will be required to decide which they love more: the things of this world, or God.  Will you decide to receive the mark and worship the image in order to save your physical life?  Or will you reject the man of sin and his lies and keep the word of God's perseverance?  

Those who have been engaged in the daily spiritual martyrdom that Jesus talks about will have no issue with losing their physical life when confronted.  They will discern that the man of sin is a false prophet, and is not God as he claims.  They will not worship him or anyone else other than the one true God.  That mindset is simply an extension of having lived their lives as a martyr for Jesus.

Everyone who is alive when the fifth seal is opened will be faced with the decision of losing their life or saving it.  Don't become spiritually lazy from hoping in some great escape that never comes to pass.  Live your life as the martyr that Jesus calls you to be.  It's how those who act on the teachings of Jesus are supposed to live anyway.

An exhortation for my brothers and sisters in Christ.  I welcome other exhortations that will help us to be prepared for the time of great tribulation.

Well said, your points are supported by this verse., “They have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; and they did not love their lives so as to shy away from death/ they did not love their lives so much that they were afraid to die./ and they did not love their life even when faced with death.” (Revelation 12:11)

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

On 7/24/2018 at 1:38 PM, Fidei Defensor said:

Well said, your points are supported by this verse., “They have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; and they did not love their lives so as to shy away from death/ they did not love their lives so much that they were afraid to die./ and they did not love their life even when faced with death.” (Revelation 12:11)

Agreed.