• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  898
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Debp said:

but our country is condemned for trying to curb the overwhelming problem.

Some / many other countries.. including my own.. also have a problem regarding illegal immigrants entering the country etc..  It is a difficult problem /issue for many countries around the world.

If you are refering to the recent family separation policy in the USA.... I think one thing which can be puzzling to many of us outside the USA.. is that in many countries.. babies are often allowed to remain with their mothers even in immigration detention....  So to see or hear of babies being taken away from their mothers.. possibly even in some families seeking asylum.. it can seem very harsh. 

Sorry just some personal thoughts thats all.  No offence intended sis.

Edited by just_abc

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,017
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

13 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

That's interesting because in the name of Christian love, the US is supposed to just open our borders up, give amnesty to every Tom, Dick and Harry that askes for it, not question anyone, don't check for legality, and just ignore our laws and let people just waltz into the US no questions asked. And the American taxpayer is just supposed to pay for all of them with a smile. 

No other country holds themselves to the same standard that they hold the US to.   No other country would have the same reckless, irresponsible immigration policies that are expected of the United States. 

Exactly right.  And again, we are not talking about immigrants that lawfully seek to enter the country....we are talking about vast multitudes of people who simply flood across our Southern border, ignoring our laws and sneaking into the USA.  Then once here, they get on all of the social services there are, while many Americans are struggling to pay for these same things.

Sometimes even people here legally abuse our country.   I knew a lady and her husband from The Philippines.   They lived with their daughter who was an accountant and made very good money.    Within just a few months of arriving in the USA, they both got on MediCal (free medical, dental, etc).  But each year they would travel back to The Philippines for an extended vacation....finally, they were spending 5 to  6 months in The Philippines.  But they always came back here for their free medical treatments.   They told me medical was too expensive in The Philippines.   I told the lady there are lots of Americans having to pay for their medical....we don't get it free.   She didn't see anything wrong with what they were doing....living about half of the year in The Philippines and using the USA for medical care.

6 hours ago, Badjao33 said:

There has been. 

Philippines drug war comes under fire from 39 countries at UN
https://asiancorrespondent.com/2017/09/philippines-drug-war-comes-fire-39-countries-un/#3zquIRyGPsV6FFtr.99

UN human rights chief 'gravely concerned' over PH killings
http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/09/12/17/un-human-rights-chief-gravely-concerned-over-ph-killings

1120122481_visaincomerequirements2.jpg.33d0d384e2017535673af8ac36248ed9.jpg

Despite the condemnation, President Trump supports President Duterte's Drug war. It's probably where he got his inspiration to suggest the death penalty for executing drug dealers in the US. 

Trump repeatedly praised Duterte, war on drugs
In an interview on Super Radyo dzBB, Roque said the American chief executive noted Duterte was “doing the right thing” and “fighting the war on drugs in the right manner” during their one-on-one conversations.
http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/news/nation/633242/trump-repeatedly-praised-duterte-war-on-drugs-in-private-meets-says-roque/story/

Trump's Reported Stance on Executing Drug Dealers Is His Latest Nod to the Philippines' Authoritarian Leader 

Just a few months into his presidency, Trump broke with his predecessor Barack Obama and invited Duterte to the White House. During the same call in which he extended the invitation to Duterte, Trump reportedly congratulated the Philippine president for doing an “unbelievable job on the drug problem.”
http://fortune.com/2018/02/26/trump-dealth-penalty-capital-punishment-drug-dealers-duterte/

People traveling to the US do have to prove they can support themselves. Even to visit as a tourist they have to prove that they have a stable job, sufficient income to cover their travel costs, and ties to their home country that will insure they will return. It is difficult for people from developing countries to even get a visa to visit the US and a large percentage of applicants are rejected.

For those who want to live in the US, they have to have a sponsor or meet the minimum income requirements. A visa to immigrate to the US takes several months to more than a year to process in some cases and even after the long wait, many are rejected. Not only do they have to meet certain income requirements or have a sponsor, they have to go through a screening that includes background checks and medical exams. 

If I wanted to bring my wife and child to the US, the process would take about 4 months and the costs would be about $1,500 for the processing and fees involved. I would also have to show that I meet the minimum income requirements for my family. Below is the current chart. 

606437761_visaincomerequirements.jpg.4cb42c904177ca333d027f1437444162.jpg

So for my family to immigrate to the US, I have to show proof that I have an annual income of $25,975. For those who can not meet the income requirement, they have to have a US citizen who is a currently residing in the country who has sufficient income or assets to sponsor them.  My wife would also have to go through the same background checks and medical exams as any other Filipino wanting to immigrate to the US. 

Most people in the US don't realize how difficult it actually is for someone from a developing country to enter our country. There's a lot of paperwork, time, and money involved and all the fees involved are non-refundable even if they are rejected for a visa by the US government. This is one of the reasons so many people in developing countries take the illegal route especially those who are in danger in their home countries. They may not have the time to wait for the legal process to play out. 

Nobody has ever suggested that, and that's not how it works. 

The US has some of the strictest immigration policies in the world. It's not as easy as you think for people to come there from developing countries. 

So you think ignoring the laws of the USA  is alright apparently...as you are making excuses for people who are illegally entering the USA.

I know a Christian man from Guatemala (have known him for many, many years).  He was here legally and his family (wife and children) were still in Guatemala.   However, because he was a Christian, he did things legally and eventually his wife and children joined him here in the USA.   He never thought of bringing them here illegally as he knew that was wrong.

Guest shiloh357
5 hours ago, just_abc said:

Some / many other countries.. including my own.. also have a problem regarding illegal immigrants entering the country etc..  It is a difficult problem /issue for many countries around the world.

If you are refering to the recent family separation policy in the USA.... I think one thing which can be puzzling to many of us outside the USA.. is that in many countries.. babies are often allowed to remain with their mothers even in immigration detention....  So to see or hear of babies being taken away from their mothers.. possibly even in some families seeking asylum.. it can seem very harsh. 

Sorry just some personal thoughts thats all.  No offence intended sis.

Here is what people are not getting, especially people from other countries:    Liberal American lawyers told illegals to come to the American border with a child.  They were told to pose as the parent of that child and that if they did that, they would have a greater chance of entering the US.  

So down in Central America, there was an increase in kidnapping of children by drug cartels who are also human sex traffickers.  They bring these kidnapped children to the border pretending to be their parents.   

These people show up at the border with NO identification, NO documentation of any kind and claim that they are the parents of these children.  Now, there are some who ARE parents with children who show up at the border.   But they also have NO documentation, no identification and the border agents are tasked with sorting out who are parents and who are not.   

The only to deal with that under the current conditions is separate out the children from the adults because you don't want little children being housed with human sex traffickers that will sexual assault and rape them.  85%-90% of the children at the border are not there with their parents.

Under the previous administration, kids were separated and then placed back into the hands of the human sex traffickers were signed up as their "sponsors" and then never heard from again.  President Trump put a stop to that program which was called "catch and release"  where illegals show up are processed and let into the country and are told to return for a "hearing"  that they never return for and no one knows where they are anymore.

So the separation is only for 20 days under the current law. And the children are not mistreated and they are not returned to the sex traffickers.   And those who came with their parents are returned to their parents.   

The REAL separation from parents actually happens in Central America where they are kidnapped and dragged through the desert (not all of the kids survive the journey) up to the American border.   But the Liberals don't want to talk about that.

possibly even in some families seeking asylum..

Asylum is a political status.   You are granted asylum when you are persecuted group like political or religious group and you are being hunted down and killed for your beliefs and or lifestyle. 

These illegals are not persecuted groups.  They come from a generally violent area of the world, but they do not qualify for asylum because they are not being persecuted.  They ask for asylum because the lawyers tell them to, not because they are really qualified for political asylum.

Guest shiloh357
20 minutes ago, Debp said:

Exactly right.  And again, we are not talking about immigrants that lawfully seek to enter the country....we are talking about vast multitudes of people who simply flood across our Southern border, ignoring our laws and sneaking into the USA.  Then once here, they get on all of the social services there are, while many Americans are struggling to pay for these same things.

Sometimes even people here legally abuse our country.   I knew a lady and her husband from The Philippines.   They lived with their daughter who was an accountant and made very good money.    Within just a few months of arriving in the USA, they both got on MediCal (free medical, dental, etc).  But each year they would travel back to The Philippines for an extended vacation....finally, they were spending 5 to  6 months in The Philippines.  But they always came back here for their free medical treatments.   They told me medical was too expensive in The Philippines.   I told the lady there are lots of Americans having to pay for their medical....we don't get it free.   She didn't see anything wrong with what they were doing....living about half of the year in The Philippines and using the USA for medical care.

That is social justice for you.  And we have illegals abusing our system and choosing to simply live off benefits that they never paid into and have no intention of paying into.   

America is not a charity.  Our taxes are not a benevolence fund.   We need to put a halt to the benefits and goody bags that are promised to illegals and we need stop hiring them and maybe they will self-deport back to their country of origin.    They march in our streets waving their Central American and Mexican flags and demand "rights" and privileges that only belong to US citizens and some, in recent years, have even taken a page from the Palestinian handbook and have claimed that California is occupied Mexican territory.

About that "catch and release" program that President Trump put a stop to: I saw a program (20/20, I think) about it.   They said people would get a date to report for their hearing and never show up.   They actually waited for one woman at the courthouse on the day she was supposed to show up.   She never came for her hearing.....she just disappeared into the country somewhere.

20 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

That is social justice for you.  And we have illegals abusing our system and choosing to simply live off benefits that they never paid into and have no intention of paying into.   

America is not a charity.  Our taxes are not a benevolence fund.   We need to put a halt to the benefits and goody bags that are promised to illegals and we need stop hiring them and maybe they will self-deport back to their country of origin.    They march in our streets waving their Central American and Mexican flags and demand "rights" and privileges that only belong to US citizens and some, in recent years, have even taken a page from the Palestinian handbook and have claimed that California is occupied Mexican territory.

There might be some businesses that hire illegals still.  But here in Los Angeles, especially in some neighborhoods, "vendors" are all over the sidewalks for several blocks.  When I ride the bus towards downtown, they have clothing to sell laying on the sidewalks, clothing hanging on fences, makeshift hot dog carts, etc.   The sidewalks are jammed packed with the stuff, besides people trying to walk by.

Just giving you all an idea of what happens here.   I guess I am used to it now.

Guest shiloh357
36 minutes ago, Debp said:

There might be some businesses that hire illegals still.  But here in Los Angeles, especially in some neighborhoods, "vendors" are all over the sidewalks for several blocks.  When I ride the bus towards downtown, they have clothing to sell laying on the sidewalks, clothing hanging on fences, makeshift hot dog carts, etc.   The sidewalks are jammed packed with the stuff, besides people trying to walk by.

Just giving you all an idea of what happens here.   I guess I am used to it now.

If people boycott the vendors, stop hiring them, cut off the benefits, they will self-deport.  We need to stop rewarding people for breaking our laws.

Guest shiloh357
9 minutes ago, Sojourner414 said:

The sad thing is: by coming here, they are destroying what they are seeking. America wasn't built on hand-outs and charity, but hard work.

Unpopular truth? Perhpas. The truth? Definitely.

That's what makes these illegals such parasites.  They come here to a country they don't really like, simply to get money and benefits that they don't have to pay into, have non intention of becoming citizens but want all of the rights and privileges of citizenship.

And it only makes matters worse when so-called "Christians" try to exploit the Bible to claim that it is our moral responsibility to enable people to break our laws and take complete advantage of our system and obtain benefits that really belong to Americans, especially our veterans who are dying in line waiting for the benefits they EARNED.

25 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

If people boycott the vendors, stop hiring them, cut off the benefits, they will self-deport.  We need to stop rewarding people for breaking our laws.

Regarding the wall to wall vendors, they set up in Hispanic neighborhoods so about all of their customers are Hispanic or perhaps the homeless.

I really hate big earthquakes but whenever we have a slightly big one, then there is a big exodus out of California for awhile, until people forget how frightening earthquakes are.

We also don't have enough housing or apartments in Los Angeles.  So our rents are astronomical....even $2300 and up a month for one bedroom.   I know someone who rented in a bad area and his rent was $1500 a month.   So if there were less illegal aliens, there would be cheaper rents because the landlords would have to compete for tenants.  Many people are having to leave Los Angeles and California due to high housing costs.

Meanwhile the illegal aliens know how to get the big rent subsidies or else they all share an apartment.

Edited by Debp

9 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

This sounds highly suspect. Medical care in the Philippines is extremely cheap and is a medical tourist destination for many people from the US. 

Medical tourism–the Philippines claim to fame!
https://businessmirror.com.ph/medical-tourism-the-philippines-claim-to-fame/

For less than what many people would have to pay for a co-payment in the US, they can get the procedure done in the Philippines. 

1097413263_medicalph.jpg.c2a325ac69feea34ae2c0ae6b47ad89b.jpg

Philhealth pays case rates for each medical condition, so while it may pay 100% for some illnesses and injuries in a public hospital, it would only pay a percentage in most private hospitals. 

In my own experience, I received 2 root canals and two crowns for just under $500 in 2011 (Getting my teeth fixed is what first brought me to the Philippines). For my wife to deliver our baby at a private hospital in 2016 the charge was P14,000 ($264). My wife's insurance paid the case rate of P14,000 and her SSS (Similar to Social Security) paid her a P2,000 maternity benefit. In our case we actually made a small profit. 

If the people you are talking about are over 60 years old, their healthcare is 100% free at public hospitals in the Philippines and even at some private hospitals.  

Well, I don't know...this was a few years ago and the Filapino lady told me it was expensive there (for them).  Her husband had been an accountant in The Philippines so I don't know if that made a difference.

Here in the USA, if you have even a small savings, you are excluded from receiving free medical care.

Edited by Debp