Wayne222

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

How many people can say Jesus is happy with there conduct?  Our aim is to please God. In all things. Not talking about perfection but pleasing God. I know I fall short. I been thinking about this. I want God and Jesus to look at me with a pleasing look. My righteous standing is by grace through the blood of christ. But he can be displeased by my thoughtless actions. How many can say God is happy with them at any given time ? 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Wayne222 said:

How many people can say Jesus is happy with there conduct?

1 John chapter 2 verse 2

He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

That means Jesus died for the sins of the whole world, now we just try to follow his example of love.

Galatians chapter 5 verse 14

For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

We can't do that perfectly, but I don't believe we're to try to abstain from sins, Jesus died for all of them.

Galatians chapter 5 verse 4

You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.

So if your trying to abstain from sins or trying to save up for retirement, you've completely missed Jesus's message.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

19 minutes ago, john1 said:

So if your trying to abstain from sins or trying to save up for retirement, you've completely missed Jesus's message.

Well John, I reckon my bible is different,

1Jn 2:1  My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
1Jn 2:2  And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
1Jn 2:3  And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.<<<<<<<<*****
1Jn 2:4  He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1Jn 2:5  But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
1Jn 2:6  He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

21 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

Well John, I reckon my bible is different,

You're bible is no different than mine, I've read or listened to mine about 150 to 200 times.

1 John chapter 1 verse 8

If anyone claims to be without sin they deceive themselves and the truth is not in them.

James chapter 2 verse 10

If anyone keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

Are you claiming to not sin anymore?

1 Peter chapter 4 verse 8

Love covers a great many sins.

You're bible is no different, but our understanding is different.

Ephesians chapter 2 verses 14-19
For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two. thus making peace and in this one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit. Consequently , you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household.

The only one who ever lived and didn't sin is Jesus, everyone else sins and continues to.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,825
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

How many people can say Jesus is happy with there conduct?  Our aim is to please God. In all things. Not talking about perfection but pleasing God. I know I fall short. I been thinking about this. I want God and Jesus to look at me with a pleasing look. My righteous standing is by grace through the blood of christ. But he can be displeased by my thoughtless actions. How many can say God is happy with them at any given time ? 

From what I understand if Jesus was not please with you he will tell you. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

45 minutes ago, john1 said:

If anyone keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

Are you claiming to not sin anymore?

No, I do sin, as does everybody.  To repeat your post;     "So if your trying to abstain from sins or trying to save up for retirement, you've completely missed Jesus's message".   Why would you ask if was claiming to not sin anymore, when I posted scripture that stated;  "these things write I unto you, that ye sin not". I guess I totally misunderstand you, when you say that my trying to abstain from sin is misunderstanding the message of Jesus, when He clearly stated above that ye sin not. Instead of trying to imply I'm still under the law, or I might claim to not sin, perhaps you might have a  discussion with me instead, and help me to understand what you are trying to say. I'm not into word play.
To clarify, I was saved by God's grace, not the keeping of the law. Christ lives in me. I confess any and all missed targets set by  God, especially the tiny ones. (Like what I started to respond) I know all my sins are covered by His blood. But I do strive, minute by minute, day by day, to abide in Him, to be led by the spirit and not the flesh. You remember, the things I would, but do not, and the things I would not, but do.
Ecc_12:13  Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
By the way, I commend you for reading the bible 200 times. I'm not sure, but as a believer for almost forty years, I may have read it straight through, maybe twice.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Psa 19:14

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

5 hours ago, john1 said:

1 John chapter 2 verse 2

He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

That means Jesus died for the sins of the whole world, now we just try to follow his example of love.

Galatians chapter 5 verse 14

For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

We can't do that perfectly, but I don't believe we're to try to abstain from sins, Jesus died for all of them.

Galatians chapter 5 verse 4

You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.

Not at all. I know the good news. But it also says we are to please him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

I cant do everything that pleases God, but I can at least do the ONE THING that makes Him so happy He grants me Eternal Life....He offered a gift to me and I accepted it.....I simply “ believed in the One He sent”

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

But it also says we are to please him.

I think we misunderstood each other, the law if we're trying to keep it brings anger.

Proverbs chapter 11 verse 17

Those who are kind benefit themselves, but the cruel bring ruin on themselves

Anyone who helps people is pleasing to God.