• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

53 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

I agree: for example, will you be expecting Christ's coming FOR His church tomrrow, the next day, the next day, etc until He comes?

No, I'm more concerned with praying for the body of Christ to shake off it's lukewarmness than I am trying to convince them of a false hope.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08

Just now, Last Daze said:

No, I'm more concerned with praying for the body of Christ to shake off it's lukewarmness than I am trying to convince them of a false hope.

Wow! You are right on the mark there. I agree that is very important. But I think each individual's walk is more important to THEM. What could be more important for me than making sure I get to heaven?

The "false hope" is a low blow. And it is in error. There IS a blessed hope and there IS a way of escape. Just because you haven't seen it does not mean it does not exist. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

59 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

Please prove by scripture your starting point for the DAY. I go by what is plainly written

The starting point for the Day of the Lord in the 70th week timeline is NOT plainly written anywhere in the bible.

It is complicated, but it can be approximated by working back from the end of the 70th week, day 2520.    

step 1:   2520 -1335 = AOD image placed in the temple on day 1185.    

step 2:    The AOD image is made of the resurrected person (called the beast at this point)

step 3:    He has to be killed. (as the gone bad Antichrist, now the revealed man of sin)

step 4:    The reason he (the Antichrist) is killed is because he claims to have achieved God-hood - which triggers the start of the Day of the Lord.

Steps 2, 3, 4 take time.     But it is not known how much time.    So I am guessing around two weeks.   But that is probably the minimum.    I could be way off.   It could be a couple of months or more for steps 2, 3, 4 to take place.

If two weeks, then two weeks before day 1185 is day 1171 - which is about 3 years 3 months into the 70th week that --> the Day of the Lord starts.

... I told you it was complicated.

4 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

No, we have moved beyond the spreading of the gospel worldwide.  The times of the Gentiles is fulfilled and the first seal is opened.

What marker did Jesus give us for us to know when the times of the Gentiles would be fulfilled?

That is easy: the pretrib rapture will wind up the time of the Gentile church. then God's attention will be directed back to Israel. 

By the way, there are MILLIONS  - probably billions - that have not heard the gospel yet for the FIRST TIME!

Edited by iamlamad

13 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

The "false hope" is a low blow. And it is in error. There IS a blessed hope and there IS a way of escape. Just because you haven't seen it does not mean it does not exist. 

That'll take care of itself.

Just now, douggg said:

The starting point for the Day of the Lord in the 70th week timeline is NOT plainly written anywhere in the bible.

It is complicated, but it can be approximated by working back from the end of the 70th week, day 2520.    

step 1:   2520 -1335 = AOD image placed in the temple on day 1185.    

step 2:    The AOD image is made of the resurrected person (called the beast at this point)

step 3:    He has to be killed. (as the gone bad Antichrist, now the revealed man of sin)

step 4:    The reason he (the Antichrist) is killed is because he claims to have achieved God-hood - which triggers the start of the Day of the Lord.

Steps 2, 3, 4 take time.     But it is not known how much time.    So I am guessing around two weeks.   But that is probably the minimum.    I could be way off.   It could be a couple of months or more for steps 2, 3, 4 to take place.

If two weeks, then two weeks before day 1185 is day 1171 - which is about 3 years 3 months into the 70th week that --> the Day of the Lord starts.

... I told you it was complicated.

No, it is NOT complicated - you have MADE it so by the mistaken idea of the 1335 days. ALL these counts of days will START at or near the midpoint and go to the end of teh week. but since 1260 will complete the week, the 1290 will end 30 days AFTER the week. And the 1335 will end 45 days after that. God is thinking forward in time, but you are thinking backwards in time. 

I read, "the Day of His wrath has come." there it is in black and white. SO SIMPLE!  And before that we had the Old Testament SIGNS for the day: according to Isaiah 2, a sever earthquake where people are scared witless, and cry for mountains for fall on them. CHECK! that happened in the vision at the 6th seal. Next, the sun turned dark and the moon as red. CHECK! That happened in the vision at the 6th seal.

Next, the trumpet judgments are clearly God beginning to destroy the earth - which fits perfectly with Old Testament prophesies of the DAY. CHECK! 

In other words, those people that saw these signs KNEW CORRECTLY that THE DAY had come. Why then look any farther? Scriptures prove that is right where it starts from the SIGNS and from what comes next. So I disagree: it IS written. Plainly!

Your step 1 is off because you don't understand the 1335. It is to point to some event AFTER Jesus has returned to earth - quite probably to the dedication of the Millennial temple or the official start of the Millennial reign: perhaps Jesus anointed as King. 

Your step 2 is off, because you imagine someone will be resurrected from the dead. It is one of the heads (a nation with a leader) that receives the deadly wound. It is a nation that that is resurrected with a new leader. I suspect this is referring to IRAQ - which was destroyed (as a radical Muslim nation) and the leader killed. I suspect before long we will see Iraq return as a Muslim Brotherhood nation. 

Your step 3 is off because the man of sin will not be killed. I think that is MYTH.

Your step 4 is off because there is no scripture to back it up that the DAY begins then.

Just now, Last Daze said:

That'll take care of itself.

Agreed! See, we can agree on something! It will be a moot point when Jesus returns pretrib FOR His saints.

12 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

That is easy: the pretrib rapture will wind up the time of the Gentile church. then God's attention will be directed back to Israel.

• And Jerusalem will be trampled under foot by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.  Luke 21:24b

Jerusalem is autonomous.  The times of the Gentiles is fulfilled.

15 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

By the way, there are MILLIONS  - probably billions - that have not heard the gospel yet for the FIRST TIME!

That's irrelevant.  People are being born every minute.  The gospel has been preached to all the nations.

2 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

Agreed! See, we can agree on something! It will be a moot point when Jesus returns pretrib FOR His saints.

FYI, I don't think there's going to be an "I was right, you were wrong" crown.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, iamlamad said:

No, it is NOT complicated - you have MADE it so by the mistaken idea of the 1335 days.

It is complicated, because the bible does not give any indication on what day of the 70th week time that the Antichrist will commit the 2Thesslaonians2:4 act that triggers the Day of the Lord.

In 1Thessalonians5, it says

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

We can know the general time - which I gave you as being around 3 years 3 months into the 70th week.

I read, "the Day of His wrath has come." there it is in black and white.

That is not the start of the Day of the Lord.   What it is - is the Day that Jesus appears to the world, from the third heaven before the throne of God - with the intention of taking vengeance of them who martyred those in the 5th seal.   

Right before the Day of the Lord starts - the world will be saying peace and safety.   That is what it says in 1Thesslaonians5.

Edited by douggg