• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

On 8/15/2018 at 4:20 AM, Diaste said:

No Jesus for Moses and the congregation? 

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

"By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; Esteeming the reproach of Christ  greater riches than the treasures in Egypt:"

If there is no Jesus, there is no salvation. From beginning to end it's always been Jesus.

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

You will soon see. If you don't come to this greater knowledge there will be bitter tears when it all begins to end.

I sometimes wonder if you have any concept of TIME! 

Jesus - the Son of Man - did not appear in the flesh until maybe 1500 years AFTER (a timing word) Moses. 

But I am sure you knew this already, so I wonder if you are here only to disagree. 

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13

1 hour ago, iamlamad said:

It is very simple: at that time He was called the Redeemer, (Isa 44:6) and the second person of the trinity.  He was the WORD that said, "Light BE!" And light was. However, at that time He had not become flesh.

Ah, semantics.  Paul didn't have any problem calling the rock Christ.  Why do you?  I think I know.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, iamlamad said:

I sometimes wonder if you have any concept of TIME! 

Jesus - the Son of Man - did not appear in the flesh until maybe 1500 years AFTER (a timing word) Moses. 

But I am sure you knew this already, so I wonder if you are here only to disagree. 

If that's truly what you believe then I worry for you.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, iamlamad said:

Let's have a redo:

"Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him...Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day (The dark day; the day of destruction, the day of wrath and fierce anger, the day of vengeance: the DAY OF THE LORD [the day they thought they were IN!])will not come until the rebellion occurs(Apostasia - the departing [the gathering]) and the man of lawlessness is revealed(when he enters the temple and declares he is the God of the Jews!),  And now you know what is holding (Restraining) him(Him, being the man of sin who will turn into the Beast of Rev. 13) back, so that he(the man of sin revealed as the Beast) may be revealed at the proper time (The proper time being after what comes FIRST: the departing or gathering of the church that is currently restraining or holding back this revealing)."

There is no early departure. You're misinformed.

You'll see. 

The beast will soon be here.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, n2thelight said:

II Thessalonians 2:5 "Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?"

Paul is again reminding them.

II Thessalonians 2:6 "And now ye know what withholdeth [that which restraineth to the end] that he might be revealed in his time [own season]."

"And now", is Paul's reminder to them that they did talk about this when he was with them in person. Who then is this one that would "be revealed in his time?"

The subject here is "the son of perdition", Satan, the Antichrist, or what ever name you desire to use for him. He is Satan, and Satan will commit the "abomination of desolation" of Daniel 9:27; and the church will be here to see it, because the "gathering", or Christ's return follows this.

II Thessalonians 2:7 "For the mystery of iniquity [lawlessness] doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way."

There is no mystery around when this will take place, for we will know his methods of operation [withholdeth], and the signs, the seasons, and the times of Satan's arrival to earth. If you are in the Word of God and not following these "one verse preachers", you will know when to expect the Antichrist. You will also know within hours of when to expect our Lord Jesus Christ's return. Satan's reign on earth is not seven years because God reduced that time to five months for the "elect's" sake, as Jesus told us in Matthew 24:22. Jesus also revealed that the time is shortened to five months, to John in Revelation 9:5, and 10.

The "mystery of lawlessness" is the mystery of iniquity. "He who now letteth will let"; in the Greek should be translated; "He who holds fast [ketcho] will stand." The ellipsis, or "omission from an expression of a word clearly implied"; "There is one who hold's fast", instead of by repeating the verb, "will let". However, "katecho" is a transitive verb, and an object must be supplied also. So if the subject in verse six is Satan, then the object must be his position in the heavenlies [see Ephesians 6:12], from which he will be ejected from heaven by Michael [Revelation 12:7-9].

"Out of the way", in the Greek is "out of ek", or "the midst". It is the same expression used in Acts 17:33, and I Corinthians 5:2.

Many "rapture theorists" claim this one who "letteth" is the Holy Spirit, and they claim that when He is "taken away", then the Antichrist will come. By reversing the role of the characters in the verses here, and attributing what is Satan's to the Holy Spirit, you have a whole new doctrine called the "Any moment doctrine". This false doctrine is better known as the "rapture theory". It is dangerous to play around with a foreign language; and when the flock relies upon their shepherd for the truth, and the shepherd is assumed to be correct; in ignorance it is accepted just because he said it.

It is Michael who "holds fast" on to Lucifer [the Antichrist], and Michael will continue to keep Lucifer held until the appointed time, spoken of above. That time is appointed by God. Then at the appointed time God will give Satan the keys [authority] to release his fallen angels and they will be cast to the earth [see Revelation 9:1-10]. Let's take a look at the one [Michael] who holds on to Satan now.

Revelation 12:7; "And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels," Michael [that is who the "he" is in II Thessalonians 2:7 and his [Michael's] angels fought against the dragon [another name for Satan] and his [Satan's] fallen angels.

Revelation 12:8; "And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven." This war took place in heaven, and that is where Satan and his angels are now; though Satan's spirit, and demonic spirits are all over the earth today. Now we will see what Michael does with Satan, in fulfilling II Thessalonians 2:7.

Revelation 12:9; "And the great dragon [Satan] was cast out [that is the transitive verb of verse seven], that old serpent [this is the role Satan played in the Garden of Eden], called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world [except for God's elect]: he was cast out onto the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."

This is when Satan will physically appear on earth as a man with his angels. This is the time of the Antichrist's coming, and we must know when this time is by when these events takes place, for Satan comes at the sixth trumpet.

Then the verse picks up where Satan is standing in the holy place. Satan's object is to deceive all the world, and have the world take his markings in their minds. God's Word thus says that Satan will come to earth and stand in that Holy place, before Christ will come and gather anyone back to Himself.

II Thessalonians 2:8 "And then shall that Wicked be revealed, Whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit [breath] of his mouth, and shall destroy [bring to naught] with the brightness [manifestation] of his coming:"

"The wicked" is better translated, "wicked one": What comes out of the Lord's mouth? It is the Truth. That is also the Word that God put in the mouth of Paul in this writing. Satan shall then be destroyed after being cast out, and also after standing in the holy place. After this is the time of Jesus Christ coming and gathering of His saints. There is no "anytime doctrine" here. It is in the course of certain events, and God lets us know clearly the order of these events, and exactly what to expect. In Matthew 24:15 Jesus is saying exactly what Paul is saying, Satan will come first and reign before the gathering of the saints.

Then Christ will destroy Satan.

https://www.theseason.org/2thess/2thess.htm

Well, that's just...misleading.

11 minutes ago, Diaste said:

There is no early departure. You're misinformed.

You'll see. 

The beast will soon be here.

The key to knowing the truth is to know that ONLY PAUL received revelation of the rapture of the church.  People have been trying for centuries to find Paul's rapture elsewhere in scripture, but it is not in the Olivet Discourse.  It is not to be found in the gospels. It is myth to assume Paul's rapture is mentioned in other places.

You have confirmed what I have guessed before: it is going to be impossible to be expecting Christ when you believe you will see the beast first. Good luck with that!

11 minutes ago, Diaste said:

Well, that's just...misleading.

In this we are agreed! You were very nice.

21 minutes ago, Diaste said:

If that's truly what you believe then I worry for you.

There is no need to worry over TRUTH! Do you just not understand that God (the Godhead) prepared a body for the WORD so He could become a human?

Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

In His BODY He was named Jesus.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  170
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/21/1958

7 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

The key to knowing the truth is to know that ONLY PAUL received revelation of the rapture of the church.  People have been trying for centuries to find Paul's rapture elsewhere in scripture, but it is not in the Olivet Discourse.  It is not to be found in the gospels. It is myth to assume Paul's rapture is mentioned in other places.

You have confirmed what I have guessed before: it is going to be impossible to be expecting Christ when you believe you will see the beast first. Good luck with that!

Hey, I found it!

1Th 4:15  For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

1 hour ago, Last Daze said:

Ah, semantics.  Paul didn't have any problem calling the rock Christ.  Why do you?  I think I know.

After 2 or so BC the Rock became Jesus Christ. Before that He - Jesus -  was THE WORD, or the second person of the trinity.  In fact, He was not really "the Christ" until He was anointed by the Holy Spirit.  Of course "Christ" was mentioned before He was anointed, but these were written after He had gone back to heaven.  "Christ" comes from the root word "chriō"  Which means "anointed" or "to anoint." We also read from Strongs:  "consecrating Jesus to the Messianic office, and furnishing him with powers necessary for its administration..."

How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

WHEN? When did this happen? When He was baptized in water. After the fact, we can look back as Paul did and know that the Rock was Christ Jesus.