• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/31/1992

Hi everyone,

I need advice for evangelising please. I have to preach the gospel, there are no two ways about it BUT my anxiety and lack of boldness prevent me from doing so. My church and I go out evangelisng every get Saturday, I always panic and freeze on the spot. I have heard on several occasions, "Open your mouth to speak and the Holy Spirit will give you utterance", "pray for boldness".

Honestly, I feel no matter how often I pray for boldness, I stay in the same spot. So here are my questions:

• How do you approach someone? How do you open a conversation?
  • How do you react if someone asks you a question you don't know how to respond? 

I have told myself (and God) on several occasions, that I will go out and preach the gospel alone, put it into practice but anxiety and fear stop me from doing it. I need to stop letting the enemy get satisfaction out of procrastinating to do the most important task as a believer. 

Brothers and sisters in Christ, your prayers will be greatly appreciated. 

God bless you all.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  223
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, DaughterOfAKing said:

Hi everyone,

I need advice for evangelising please. I have to preach the gospel, there are no two ways about it BUT my anxiety and lack of boldness prevent me from doing so. My church and I go out evangelisng every get Saturday, I always panic and freeze on the spot. I have heard on several occasions, "Open your mouth to speak and the Holy Spirit will give you utterance", "pray for boldness".

Honestly, I feel no matter how often I pray for boldness, I stay in the same spot. So here are my questions:

• How do you approach someone? How do you open a conversation?
  • How do you react if someone asks you a question you don't know how to respond? 

I have told myself (and God) on several occasions, that I will go out and preach the gospel alone, put it into practice but anxiety and fear stop me from doing it. I need to stop letting the enemy get satisfaction out of procrastinating to do the most important task as a believer. 

Brothers and sisters in Christ, your prayers will be greatly appreciated. 

God bless you all.

Hi Sis, great question and desire .. I had the same questions not that I'm a great street evangelist but I've done it before . I had met up with 3 other guys who loved Jesus and we decided to quit talking and start doing like you. It was a blast,we would split up then meet back later, but we did other things too , You're right that you get some far out questions , you either know the answer or say I don't know .. But you know what you do know . I've also went door to door alone when no one would go and with others when they asked . But I always talked to men except at the hospitals where I asked the floor nurses if they had patients who hadn't had any visitors and were down or lonely . Also if you do, hold back your tithes to give a dollar or two for patients to buy a Coke or crackers . Relax and enjoy the adventure when you go out and if you get persecuted for the Word you will be paid back by God . It becomes easier each time you go out .. Another idea is go to a park with your Bible and let folks see that there's people who still read the Bible and not ashamed , if some one takes interest ask if they would like prayer or need to talk . Be patient and wait , enjoy your time with the Lord. Personally I never talked about any church, only Jesus and the Word unless I was pressed to know my church .. The joy of the Lord is our strength .. I always like to tell folks testimony how Jesus has changed my life and not imply that I don't still have hard times . For me I used to do either 3 or 7 day fasts often and if you're able I strongly suggest fasting with prayer .. God bless you Sis and I pray the Lord gives you your hearts desire .. As far as boldness I have upon request from others went to two full drug houses on Sat nights with a heavy anointing to go in to preach Jesus, plant Gospel seeds and bring the ones I went for out, also an Outlaws motorcycle clubhouse and saw the big redheaded leader get saved not then but he was in tears and found the Lord soon after . When the anointing of the Holy Spirit is with you there is no fear at all once you need it and begin .. Be yourself and keep praying .. Don't fret, you're having the birth pains and God will deliver on time if you don't give up '

You will find out first hand that ''Our food is to do the will of the Father'' You will be anointed at church and Jesus will feed the whole congregation with your 2 fish and 5 loaves you bring

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,069
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Fill yourself up with His Word and it will spill out, despite you, any where your at :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

How do you react if someone asks you a question you don't know how to respond? 

Well that's an easy one..  You just say something like..

"" Wow that's a good question you have hit me with there.. I don't know how to answer it at the moment.. But give me some time and i will go and look into it and see if i can come back to you with an answer.. ""

Then you come here to worthy forums and pose the question to your Brothers and Sisters in Jesus and i am sure you will be get some replies to work with..

• Thumbs Up 2