Wouldn't God be evil if he's real?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Why did god have to send a person down to be tortured to even have a chance at being saved from being tortured for eternity? Why not just forgive everybody? And if nobody is worthy, aren't we all made in his image? In my head, I'd trust the vast majority of humans on earth to be God over the god that appears to be in the bible. To me, eternal torture even for  Hitler seems inhumane. And I feel as though if anybody knew that was honestly their fate, they would do whatever they could to change it. I can not wrap my head around how any of this is fair or how God could be just if this is true, and it especially doesn't make sense to me how anybody could say "God is love" and believe he enforces the eternal torture of the vast majority of the human race at the same time. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

2 hours ago, jello5 said:

Why did god have to send a person down to be tortured to even have a chance at being saved from being tortured for eternity? Why not just forgive everybody? And if nobody is worthy, aren't we all made in his image? In my head, I'd trust the vast majority of humans on earth to be God over the god that appears to be in the bible. To me, eternal torture even for  Hitler seems inhumane. And I feel as though if anybody knew that was honestly their fate, they would do whatever they could to change it. I can not wrap my head around how any of this is fair or how God could be just if this is true, and it especially doesn't make sense to me how anybody could say "God is love" and believe he enforces the eternal torture of the vast majority of the human race at the same time. 

All sin is ultimately the sin of rejecting God. He gives us numerous chances over the course of our lives, despite the hundreds of thousands, maybe millions, of sins we commit.

As He is a God of perfect love, so too is He a God of perfect holiness. The latter demands payment for sin, and the former made Him willing to have Jesus make that payment for us.

• Thumbs Up 2