Good post Joe .... you are correct

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,624
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

Unless "Gog of the land of Magog" is analogous to nations, which is plausible.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

Your reading of the text fails you

Sounds like you have a long way to go

Really? I read this incorrectly, "...Satan will be released from his prison  and will come out to deceive the nations that are at the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them for battle;"" How does this say Satan=Gog? It clearly says Satan deceives the nations, Gog and Magog.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0

.... that is Gog and Magog

You will never get this so there is no point in discussing the issue with you

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56

You are correct about this Soj

6 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

There is a difference between saying that a saved Jew and a saved Gentile are one and equal in Christ, vs.  claiming that "Jew"  and "Christian" are equivalent, interchangeable terms.   You cannot move the goal posts and confuse the issue.   

They are interchangeable in the only perspective that matters, salvation. All the rest are unsaved, Jewish or not.

I am talking about those who claim that they are "Jew" because of their faith in Jesus, or that the "Church" is Israel.  Those views are not correct and are not found in the Bible.  False teachers are trying to pencil those views in the Bible.

Spiritual Israel is the church.

"Jew" is not a spiritual term, though.  It is never spiritualized to refer to Gentile Christians.

It is depending on the context. There is no such thing as divisions of salvation. All are saved in Jesus. 

What you miss is God's Israel is the one in view here. That is spiritual Israel, the Israel of which every believer is a member. 

Being in Christ doesn't turn a Jew into something else.   Being a Gentile in Christ doesn't turn a Gentile into something else.  The Bible never says that.   

No one is saying this but it is true. We are new creations in Jesus. Transformed by the spirit, a new man that we are to don.

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. (Gal 3:28)

The point that Paul is making is that ethnic pedigree, social status and gender do not divide us.   He is not saying those divisions don't exist.  He is not saying that men and women are no longer men and women in Christ.  That is an absurd argument.

Pretty sure Paul said those divisions do not exist, right it the quote you posted. So these things don't divide us but the divisions still divide us? I don't see that as reasonable.

Who is saying men and women are no longer men and women? Did someone bring that up? What point does that make?

If it is an absurd argument then it's all yours. Just for reference what you just did is engage in reductio ad absurdum. You pushed an argument to ludicrous depths and then criticized the conclusion. How am I to take this serious with rhetoric like that? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Um....the above post should have been in another thread. Don't know how that happened. ?

• Haha 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  170
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  01/21/1958

Romans 9:6-8 ¶ Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: 7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. 8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

I have no problems discerning between Israel as a nation and the church, but what I also see is a clear division between ethnic Jews and believing Jews. (Maybe I should call them Israelites instead of Jews.) I think faith and salvation is the dividing line. Back in the days of the New England Congregationalist there was a problem between the universalists and the trinitarians. The universalists would infiltrate and then take over the local church body. A trinitarian commented, "They may have kept the furniture, but we kept the faith".  In like fashion, the ethnic Israelites have kept the nation, but the Israelites who trust in Christ as the Messiah have kept the faith. I believe that the Gentiles have become fellow heirs with them. Eventually we (Believing Israelites and Gentiles) will inherit the nation and kingdom.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  170
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  01/21/1958

Looks like I reacted to the post before mine, so wrong thread for me too. Sorry.