• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1984

The Lord is a shepherd. (Psalms 23) God has a Staff leading to Good things and Joy. God has a Rod of Misery. These two forces may be said to shepherd someone. Someone who is a servant of God and following God may have been a "Servant to One's Sorrow or Misery," that is, to find God in a big way, and to really be shepherded by God, someone may of had to hit the bottom, or have gone through "The Eye of the Needle," where he had nothing else but God.

A Farmer on the American Frontier at various point in time, may have become a Servant to His Sorrow. A farmer who was lazy, or maybe who had a bad harvest, may have been miserable all winter. He may have been starving and just barely surviving. Maybe he lost some neighbors or family. In the Spring, he may be highly motivated to plant and do better so he is not miserable. At the same time, he seeks out God. He prays. He prays for rain. Given he was lazy, he seeks change, and prays for God to change him. He doesn't know what is going to happen come fall and harvest. He works to lean on The Lord.

The Farmer on the American frontier may have had two books. He had a Bible and a "Poor Richard's Almanack." All winter, he has time to read these and seek God. He may have found God in a big way.

Peter was a Fisherman. Sometimes the fish were not biting? Peter needed money for his daughter? Peter had bills to pay? These things may have motivated Peter to fish more. Peter needs to be successful to get the things he needs and desires. In a way, we may say that Peter was a Servant to his Sorrow.

• When Jesus had called the Twelve together, he gave them power and authority to drive out all demons and to cure diseases, 2and he sent them out to proclaim the kingdom of God and to heal the sick. 3He told them: "Take nothing for the journey-no staff, no bag, no bread, no money, no extra shirt. 4Whatever house you enter, stay there until you leave that town. 5If people do not welcome you, leave their town and shake the dust off your feet as a testimony against them." 6So they set out and went from village to village, proclaiming the good news and healing people everywhere. (Luke 9:1-6)

The Twelve Disciples may not have quite been servants to their sorrow at that time in a spiritual sense. They were taught by Jesus. They may have started experiencing cause and effect. Jesus sent them out in twos with no bag, no money, no extra shirt, no staff. They went out to proclaim the Kingdom of God. Where would they find food? Where would they find shelter? They would have to lean on The Lord, and learn to truth him. They would rely on trust and grow in Faith with God. They had knowledge of God. They had instructions and what Jesus was teaching. They worked to apply what they learned. It may not seem pragmatic to travel with no bag, but there was a spiritual pragmatism. There are spiritual rules. They were going to rely on God. Jesus instructed them. They had faith in their teacher. They should be obedient and have faith. They were going on an adventure proclaiming the Kingdom of God, and taking a leap of Faith.

God has a will. Man has a will. For man to line up his will with God's will in a big way, he may have had to go through various trials and tribulations. He has learned to joyfully endure his trials, and read what God is doing. (James 1:2-4) He lines his will up with the spirit of God and flows with it. God is his shepherd.

Given someone is experiencing God, he may need the following proverbs to be successful. He needs to center himself.

Proverbs

Miracles happen at the intersection of Faith and Reason. The more Faith someone has, the more God becomes their Reason. Faith is a knowledgeable dependence. A man studies his Bible, and goes through trials. He grows in Faith and in Trust of God.

Don't Look Down. Jesus is walking on water. He takes Peter's hand, and Peter is now walking on water. Peter's senses tell him that this should not be happening or he is in shock and awe. He may have some fear or doubt. Peter looks down. Peter sinks. Doubt and Fear kill Faith. Going into the Spiritual and growing in Faith may take some conditioning. You condition your mind and will against doubt or fear. Don't look down. What kind of conditioning or faith did Jonah and Jesus have that they could sleep through a storm and not care while everyone else is panicking? (Jonah 1:5,6)(Matthew 8:23-27)

Don't look back. Don't look back is like Lot and his family leaving Sodom. You had a life as an individual and had sin. You are starting a new life in Christ to build God's Kingdom. Don't look back to your old life. Given you picked up the plow and looked back you are not worthy. Don't look back could be like Lot's wife. She may have sensed some heat behind her. She may have heard sounds. She was instructed to not look back. Curiosity killed the cat?

Don't look back is an important element of growing in Faith. I youtube searched it one day, and found Duke Dumont - "Won't Look Back". As to what how I break down the video: The Post Modern World is like a Masquerade. What Spirit is someone of? Spirits affect motivation. Sometimes God hides his prophets. Who serves God and who is serving themselves or something else? The video is prophetic.

God has good plans for you. (Jeremiah 29:11) God knows you. God created you. God is love. His love is fatherly. Given you end up being able to talk to God, you may end up seeing or hearing spirits and other things. God has a plan and he has good plans for you. If you are not centered on God, being able to see these or hear these things could throw you off. God will not ask you to do more than you are capable of handling.

Walk The Line. 1 Kings 13. God's way is a path. There may be liars or deceivers or distractions. Walk the line. Don't trust man. Trust God.

• Thumbs Up 1

Fear of God is a good thing. Fear of God takes away your fear of man. God is love. God's love is fatherly. You are doing the right things? What do you have to fear?

An Engineer reads this. He is used to having an instruction manual, and following step by step what to do.
That is not exactly wrong. The Bible and the spiritual is complicated. Is someone figuring it out with their own mind or letting go and letting the spirit of God flow?

Someone with a strict literalist interpretation may not be wrong. Given he is working on forcing that strict and literal interpretation he is wrong. Given the Spirit of God is flowing, people may be working in the Spirit and that strict interpretation without trying. There may be things that the strict literalist does not see or understand.

What does a Man of God look like, for example? Someone from a Dry Country in Tennessee may believe that a Man of God does not drink and that drinking is evil.

• The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.' But wisdom is proved right by her deeds." (Matthew 11:19)

The strict literalist may be in a box. He has a perspective. That perspective is false. He cannot see outside the box?

• For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine, and you say, 'He has a demon.' (Luke 7:33)

Most of what was is in the content in Rocksteady blog in my signature was created with a drink in my hand and the Spirit of God. When someone drinks, what is in their heart comes out. Someone with sin or hatred of women drinks and he may be in sin or beat a woman. Someone with nothing but the spirit of God drinks and the Spirit of God comes out. Do I have to drink to write for God? Not necessarily. I like to. I flow with the Spirit of God.

God loves you and nothing else matters. Man lets go. Say "I don't know." I don't know. God knows.

https://www.christianforums.com/blogs/blog/rocksteady.3593/

Edited by Manonfire63
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

well manonfire63 you made a lot of good points. I have experienced this time when I lost all faith in God. I had gotten so terrified of God that I felt I was sure I was going to hell. Guilt was all around me and I just thought I couldn't escape it.

As you can see remember that Peter fell into the water. But Peter was still a true follower of God and that Jesus wouldn't let him drown. Remember that the disciples thought they were going to die on the ship during the storm. They truly followed God and Jesus saved them. I don't think I ever have been as good as the disciples in behavior. Sometimes are faith is less and sometimes more.

I believe that Paul said in the Epistles that some people have more faith and some people have less faith. That doesn't mean one that has less faith isn't saved. But those whose faith is greater in God is the ones that set the better example for us.

We just have to keep trying in life. Try to talk to friends and family. Do what we like to do. For some it maybe sewing, baking, auto mechanics and things that you enjoy in life. It's the devil that wants to you to give up on everything. Last is to say that's it's better to try then not try at all.

• 5 months later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

On 6/23/2018 at 5:51 PM, Manonfire63 said:

Fear of God is a good thing. Fear of God takes away your fear of man. God is love. God's love is fatherly. You are doing the right things? What do you have to fear?

This comment reminds me of the story of David and Goliath: If I have the Lord almighty on my side... then who do I have to fear?

Really correlates well to what you shared about the disciples going out on what I like to call a "faith outreach", where they go out with nothing (eg. money bag, extra sandals, two coats), yet they all came back alive and well. That is some amazing faith! They truly believed that God almighty was with them, and their experience showed that He was! I don't know if I would be able to have that much faith in God. Something I want to strive to achieve, however.

In peace