• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

8 hours ago, Adstar said:

Song of songs 4.9  where is that from?

It is speaking of the Song of Solomon, which is also called the Song of Songs.  But not all believe it is a parable of Christ and the Church.  While you can draw an analogy, it certainly can't be seen as literal.  

A lot of paraphrases are called translations.  We really have to be vigilant.  Even the Watchtower's bible is called a translation but the authors didn't know any Greek or Hebrew, according to court records.  We need to use literal translations as much as possible since some really run amuck.  

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1

It’s also interesting to note that the FAQ page on the official website for The Passion Translation says this:

“I’ve heard that Brian Simmons is part of something called the NAR. Is that true?“

“The New Apostolic Reformation, commonly known as NAR, is a name used by certain Internet apologists and critics to identify leaders mostly in the Pentecostal and charismatic traditions who affirm (or seem to affirm in part or full) a group of beliefs the critics oppose. Brian Simmons has been unfairly identified with this non-movement because of his association with some of these leaders and affinity with Pentecostalism. Further, such critics have falsely accused Simmons of writing The Passion Translation as a stealth maneuver in support of the non-movement’s agenda and to bolster it theologically through translation renderings. Neither of these accusations are fair or accurate. Although he writes at times for the Pentecostal reader and worshiper, he affirms historic Christian orthodoxy and stands within the broad evangelical theological tradition.”

“Simmons undertook this translation project because he felt a calling from God, and because he has always wanted to bring people into a greater understanding of the wealth and treasure contained in the Bible.”

Notice how the NAR is referred to as a “non-movement” and that it is the “internet apologists and critics” who have falsely accused Simmons of being involved in the NAR. This is a common tactic used by these New Apostolic leaders to discredit anyone who questions their teachings. Basically they diminish these Christians and their valid concerns by implying that these Christians are just unintelligent individuals, who maybe still live in their parents basement and do all of their research on google. (Hence the keyword “internet” placed before “apologist” and “critic.”)

And concerning that last paragraph regarding Simmons’ intentions and purposes in “undertaking” this “translation”, one has only to do some careful research to understand that this “calling from God” that he “felt” was actually a trip to Heaven’s library where he claims to have met with Jesus and then a subsequent visitation from Jesus in his home. (And this in his own words).

Edited by Acadia
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Yowm said:

And we won’t mention by his own testimony that he desired while in heaven’s library to take back to earth ? a book called ‘John 22’ but was denied by Jesus Himself saying it was still sealed. These stories of his make for good fairy tales.

Exactly. Either these stories were made up by him (or others) or there is some potentially demonic deception going on. Either way it is deception. 

One of the most troubling aspects of this, however, is that now he has created something that is supposedly the actual word of God (a newer, better “translation”). All of these books and online teachings and so forth are bad enough, but now he’s crossed the line over into dealing with God’s word. Similarly to the so called “prophets” of the NAR who claim to be hearing the latest “now word” from God.

• Brilliant! 1

8 minutes ago, Yowm said:

This translation free-for-all is enough to make one scoot back to the KJV and stay there lol.

That NAR bunch have been proven to be false 'apostles' and 'prophets' and yet people insist on heeding their deception.

and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false, in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
(2Th 2:10-12)

Indeed. False teaching is a judgement on people as well, just as the Scripture you shared says, for not “believing” or loving the truth. And such could be any of us if we do not ourselves earnestly desire to know and love the truth and then, once we do know it, earnestly contend for it.

What really confuses me is when people who read their Bibles every single day still believe these things. I’ve talked with family members who do so, even though I know they definetly read the word of God. I had a conversation awhile back with a family member who considers Rodney Howard Browne (“the Holy Ghost bartender”) to be “very anointed of God”. Even though I laid out my concerns respectfully and Biblically, they basically accused me of making fun of “a man of God.”

I honestly don’t know how to reach my family and friends who believe the deception of the NAR, especially once they’ve had some kind of “experience” or “encounter”.

Edited by Acadia
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  528
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

I have to thank you for another beautiful translation to read.  If you had not started this thread, I would not have even known it existed.  Thank you again.

• Praying! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

18 minutes ago, Davida said:

It is anathema, not good fairytales.

Agreed.

• Praise God! 1

11 minutes ago, Willie T said:

I have to thank you for another beautiful translation to read.  If you had not started this thread, I would not have even known it existed.  Thank you again.

This “translation” has gained increasing popularity and you can be absolutely sure that has nothing to do with me. I will speak out against The Passion Translation at every opportunity.

To anyone who actually cares to pay attention, it is more that clear why I started this thread, and you had better believe it was NOT to support this heretical work that masquerades as the word of God.

If the claim of equality with Jesus Christ wasn’t enough to show you why this “translation” should be avoided, I doubt anything else I share will convince you. So, do with that what you will, that is your choice and you are responsible for it.

Edited by Acadia
  • Praise God! 1

For anyone else who realizes the problems with The Passion Translation, this may be helpful:

http://www.spiritoferror.org/2018/06/important-facts-about-the-passion-translation/7962

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I suppose after all has been said and done..nay..before is pray.

I've wondered the same and wonder if such are born again with eyes to see the realities of Scripture. Or are they reading it as a religious exercise? :dunno:

Yes. Prayer is so very important.

• Praise God! 1

28 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I noticed "Winnie Banov" is one of your tags. Is that a person or place or? Care to elaborate?

Sure. Sorry for any confusion, Winnie Banov is the wife of Georgian Banov. They are NAR leaders, considered “apostles” who have a “supernatural school of ministry”, (GCSSM - Global Celebration School of Supernatural Ministry) and  travel around the world to promote their “ministry” and teachings. They are closely associated with well know NAR leaders such as Brian Simmons,  Heidi Baker, Todd White, Rick Pino etc.

I tried to include screenshots from their Facebook page in the OP, (in regard to their use of The Passion Translation) but for some reason I am unable to do so from my phone. I may get on the computer tomorrow and try to attach them.

Edited by Acadia