• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, Willa said:

It is speaking of the Song of Solomon, which is also called the Song of Songs. 

Ok thank you Willa now i understand.... 

That definitly is not a proper translation.. The people who put that together are in serious trouble..  They have added to And taken away from the Word of God.. 

The Lake of fire is awaiting them..

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Here are the screenshots I tried to attach in the OP:

In reading some of what the Banovs have posted to their Facebook page, one can see how far they take The Passion Translation's claim of equality with Jesus Christ. Actually, their words indicate that we are not simply equal with Christ, we in fact have power over Him. Note, phrases such as:

"THIS is what your beloved Bridegroom say to you. He is undone by your love, by your gaze."

"Stealing God's heart and owning it, this is righteous thievery" 

Banov1.jpg

Banov 2.jpg

Banov3.jpg

Banov4.jpg

Edited by Acadia

And here is the video from Sid Roth's It's Supernatural! program where Brian Simmons discusses his visit to Heaven's library, his commissioning by Jesus to create The Passion Translation and also an ultimatum (though he doesn't call it that of course) he gave God that if God didn't move among the people of the Central American tribe Simmons and his wife were missionaries to, they way he expected God to move, that he would go back to the United States and expose God as a fraud.

"And here's the crazy prayer. I said 'Lord, if You don't come and move in this village, move in my heart and move in the hearts of these tribal people that have never heard, uh, understood the Gospel...if You don't move in power, I'm gonna go back and tell every supporter, every prayer partner, every church we've ministered in, that You weren't big enough to tackle the Paya-Kuna people and to bring them to know You through Jesus Christ, through the Holy Spirit.'

Sid Roth then asks: "Did you mean that?"

Brian Simmons answers: "I meant it with all my heart."

This ultimatum is reminiscent of the similar ultimatum that Rodney Howard Browne gave God:

"Either You come down here and touch me or I am going to come up there and touch You."

Both of these ultimatums resulted in the same "manifestations", commonly referred to in Charismatic and Pentecostal churches as being "slain in the Spirit." People would just fall over and shake uncontrollably  under some kind of "force" when the "anointed" individual (like Howard Browne or Simmons simply walked by or touched them). Just as it occurred during the "Toronto Blessing", the "Brownsville Revival" and the "Lakeland Revival" and these "manifestations" continue in churches around the world to this day. There is nothing at all Biblical about them, but there are indeed corresponding manifestations in Eastern religions (with the Kundalini awakening for example).

So, anyone who reads and trusts this "Translation" absolutely must be aware of where it comes from. I firmly believe it is not of God.

Edited by George
Edited to place Video into the Videos Forums - and left a link to the article

31 minutes ago, Davida said:

What deluded arrogance Simmons has. It's only the demonic realm that he interacts with.  

Either that, or it's his own vain imaginings. Regardless, he is the one behind this new "translation", and that should concern all of us a Christians.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, Acadia said:

And here is the video from Sid Roth's It's Supernatural! program where Brian Simmons discusses his visit to Heaven's library, his commissioning by Jesus to create The Passion Translation and also an ultimatum (though he doesn't call it that of course) he gave God that if God didn't move among the people of the Central American tribe Simmons and his wife were missionaries to, they way he expected God to move, that he would go back to the United States and expose God as a fraud.

"And here's the crazy prayer. I said 'Lord, if You don't come and move in this village, move in my heart and move in the hearts of these tribal people that have never heard, uh, understood the Gospel...if You don't move in power, I'm gonna go back and tell every supporter, every prayer partner, every church we've ministered in, that You weren't big enough to tackle the Paya-Kuna people and to bring them to know You through Jesus Christ, through the Holy Spirit.'

Sid Roth then asks: "Did you mean that?"

Brian Simmons answers: "I meant it with all my heart."

This ultimatum is reminiscent of the similar ultimatum that Rodney Howard Browne gave God:

"Either You come down here and touch me or I am going to come up there and touch You."

Both of these ultimatums resulted in the same "manifestations", commonly referred to in Charismatic and Pentecostal churches as being "slain in the Spirit." People would just fall over and shake uncontrollably  under some kind of "force" when the "anointed" individual (like Howard Browne or Simmons simply walked by or touched them). Just as it occurred during the "Toronto Blessing", the "Brownsville Revival" and the "Lakeland Revival" and these "manifestations" continue in churches around the world to this day. There is nothing at all Biblical about them, but there are indeed corresponding manifestations in Eastern religions (with the Kundalini awakening for example).

So, anyone who reads and trusts this "Translation" absolutely must be aware of where it comes from. I firmly believe it is not of God.

Them two got darkness inside them .   Thems men of belial ,   ORDERING GOD around , MAKING themselves THE AUTHORITY .  THEY are men of belial.   And I shun their doctrines

right to the pits .   Right to the pits .

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Acadia said:

Either that, or it's his own vain imaginings. Regardless, he is the one behind this new "translation", and that should concern all of us a Christians.

Well, i wrote a long impression for this thread then accidentally hit a wrong button which opened a new page, then when i backed up, my post is gone.   Thats so frustrating.

So, the shorter and less patient version, is now here. :)

First of all, if we go to Google and search any bible verse, we open a page that allows us to compare a lot of bible's regarding whatever verse we choose.  And the fact is, most of them, are going to say it differently......so, is that adding to and subtracting from?............ And if so, then  this means, that you have to have one BIBLE and GREEK TEXT standard by which you judge ALL the others.....and what is that for you?......A KJV?........A NIV?........... A ASV?......  So, which one are you going to use to prove that because this person's verse does not match your favorite bible version's Old Testamant's  vernacular, you can then say.....>"oppps, anathema"........    And i guess that you realize that every "new" bible translation that appears, is described as...>"making the translation easier to understand"....So, is that not the essence of changing the words in a bible?       So, now we have this guy, and his translation, which is probably more of a transliteration, such as the "living Bible", then it is a translation.    So, is the living Bible "anathema"?, as nearly all the words are changed in it, as compared to any other  "bible".

No, the relevant issue is .... = what happens when you change a word.....so that the verse, is altered ...doctrinally......= as this is the "anathema".

FOR EXAMPLE..... If i take a KJV, and find this verse in 1st Tim...>"God was manifested in the flesh"...... then we have a correct translation......However, if i take the NIV, then we find this....>"He who, was manifested"......So, HERE you have a mangling of the verse, a mistranslation,  and a twisting of the doctrine, = so that you have an anathema...... As this verse, in this bible, has altered the very doctrine that "Jesus is God"....... So, thats a problem for all who use the NIV.

Now what about this guy, who translated-transliterated this verse.    Well, im trying to think inside his head, and what i think he did, is translated it, through the filter of the New Testament in some cases........ I think he is mentally connecting a verse like this.....>"and 2 shall be one flesh"........ or where Jesus says..."God in me, and I in them, and all in God, are ONE"..   Or a verse that says...."we are Joint heirs with Christ".........or...."so as Jesus IS< so are WE in this world"........or "bone of his bones and flesh of Jesus's flesh are we".........   So, i think he is sort of overlapping our "one" with God "in Christ", and putting this word "equal", in his OT verse.   

Honestly, Saint, there is a much bigger problem with having so many bibles that dont really speak the same regarding NT doctrines, that is much more subversive to genuine Christianity......And it could be that this person's personally translated version is one that,... regarding Pauline Theology,... is going to be a complete fail.    So, what i would do with it, is look at specific verses that relate to Jesus <> Paul's doctrines, and see if the person change them to suit his pentecostal - charismatic theological point of view.  As that is what they usually do wrong, when they get it really wrong.

Just my 2 cents.

<B><

Edited by Behold

39 minutes ago, Behold said:

Well, i wrote a long impression for this thread then accidentally hit a wrong button which opened a new page, then when i backed up, my post is gone.   Thats so frustrating.

So, the shorter and less patient version, is now here. :)

First of all, if we go to Google and search any bible verse, we open a page that allows us to compare a lot of bible's regarding whatever verse we choose.  And the fact is, most of them, are going to say it differently......so, is that adding to and subtracting from?............ And if so, then  this means, that you have to have one BIBLE and GREEK TEXT standard by which you judge ALL the others.....and what is that for you?......A KJV?........A NIV?........... A ASV?......  So, which one are you going to use to prove that because this person's verse does not match your favorite bible version's Old Testamant's  vernacular, you can then say.....>"oppps, anathema"........    And i guess that you realize that every "new" bible translation that appears, is described as...>"making the translation easier to understand"....So, is that not the essence of changing the words in a bible?       So, now we have this guy, and his translation, which is probably more of a transliteration, such as the "living Bible", then it is a translation.    So, is the living Bible "anathema"?, as nearly all the words are changed in it, as compared to any other  "bible".

No, the relevant issue is .... = what happens when you change a word.....so that the verse, is altered ...doctrinally......= as this is the "anathema".

FOR EXAMPLE..... If i take a KJV, and find this verse in 1st Tim...>"God was manifested in the flesh"...... then we have a correct translation......However, if i take the NIV, then we find this....>"He who, was manifested"......So, HERE you have a mangling of the verse, a mistranslation,  and a twisting of the doctrine, = so that you have an anathema...... As this verse, in this bible, has altered the very doctrine that "Jesus is God"....... So, thats a problem for all who use the NIV.

Now what about this guy, who translated-transliterated this verse.    Well, im trying to think inside his head, and what i think he did, is translated it, through the filter of the New Testament in some cases........ I think he is mentally connecting a verse like this.....>"and 2 shall be one flesh"........ or where Jesus says..."God in me, and I in them, and all in God, are ONE"..   Or a verse that says...."we are Joint heirs with Christ".........or...."so as Jesus IS< so are WE in this world"........or "bone of his bones and flesh of Jesus's flesh are we".........   So, i think he is sort of overlapping our "one" with God "in Christ", and putting this word "equal", in his OT verse.   

Honestly, Saint, there is a much bigger problem with having so many bibles that dont really speak the same regarding NT doctrines, that is much more subversive to genuine Christianity......And it could be that this person's personally translated version is one that,... regarding Pauline Theology,... is going to be a complete fail.    So, what i would do with it, is look at specific verses that relate to Jesus <> Paul's doctrines, and see if the person change them to suit his pentecostal - charismatic theological point of view.  As that is what they usually do wrong, when they get it really wrong.

Just my 2 cents.

<B><

After reading everything you wrote, (and I did read it all), I would ask you why it is that you believe that a “translation” of Scripture which has Jesus Himself saying we are His equal is NOT “subversive to genuine Christianity”?

In what way is it ever okay to claim equality with God?

And why should we NOT warn brothers and sisters in Christ about this false doctrine? (Especially when it has now been inserted in what is purported to be God’s inspired word)

Should we just stay silent because there are “bigger problems” out there?

I encourage you to read through this thread and do some careful research into what or who is really behind this “translation.”

• Praise God! 1

53 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Them two got darkness inside them .   Thems men of belial ,   ORDERING GOD around , MAKING themselves THE AUTHORITY .  THEY are men of belial.   And I shun their doctrines

right to the pits .   Right to the pits .

They do indeed speak terrible things. And their false teachings have only spread.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

There was some kookball in the'70's that came out with a book contending because we are the bride of Christ and thus equal there are now four Persons of the Trinity!! What will they think of to sell books next?

It’s the same lie and aspiration of Satan, to be like the Most High. Nothing new under the sun.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Sorry, had to report your video, as no videos are allowed except in the video area. You can always post your video in that area and then link it back here :)

Alright. That’s fine. People can just go look it up for themselves. I wasn’t aware of that rule (or maybe I forgot) but if you had asked me to remove it, I would have. I have no issues with respecting the rules. 

• Thumbs Up 1