• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

Sorry, had to report your video, as no videos are allowed except in the video area. You can always post your video in that area and then link it back here :)

Narc 

:taped:

:P

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, Behold said:

Well, i wrote a long impression for this thread then accidentally hit a wrong button which opened a new page, then when i backed up, my post is gone.   Thats so frustrating.

So, the shorter and less patient version, is now here. :)

First of all, if we go to Google and search any bible verse, we open a page that allows us to compare a lot of bible's regarding whatever verse we choose.  And the fact is, most of them, are going to say it differently......so, is that adding to and subtracting from?............ And if so, then  this means, that you have to have one BIBLE and GREEK TEXT standard by which you judge ALL the others.....and what is that for you?......A KJV?........A NIV?........... A ASV?......  So, which one are you going to use to prove that because this person's verse does not match your favorite bible version's Old Testamant's  vernacular, you can then say.....>"oppps, anathema"........    And i guess that you realize that every "new" bible translation that appears, is described as...>"making the translation easier to understand"....So, is that not the essence of changing the words in a bible?       So, now we have this guy, and his translation, which is probably more of a transliteration, such as the "living Bible", then it is a translation.    So, is the living Bible "anathema"?, as nearly all the words are changed in it, as compared to any other  "bible".

No, the relevant issue is .... = what happens when you change a word.....so that the verse, is altered ...doctrinally......= as this is the "anathema".

FOR EXAMPLE..... If i take a KJV, and find this verse in 1st Tim...>"God was manifested in the flesh"...... then we have a correct translation......However, if i take the NIV, then we find this....>"He who, was manifested"......So, HERE you have a mangling of the verse, a mistranslation,  and a twisting of the doctrine, = so that you have an anathema...... As this verse, in this bible, has altered the very doctrine that "Jesus is God"....... So, thats a problem for all who use the NIV.

Now what about this guy, who translated-transliterated this verse.    Well, im trying to think inside his head, and what i think he did, is translated it, through the filter of the New Testament in some cases........ I think he is mentally connecting a verse like this.....>"and 2 shall be one flesh"........ or where Jesus says..."God in me, and I in them, and all in God, are ONE"..   Or a verse that says...."we are Joint heirs with Christ".........or...."so as Jesus IS< so are WE in this world"........or "bone of his bones and flesh of Jesus's flesh are we".........   So, i think he is sort of overlapping our "one" with God "in Christ", and putting this word "equal", in his OT verse.   

Honestly, Saint, there is a much bigger problem with having so many bibles that dont really speak the same regarding NT doctrines, that is much more subversive to genuine Christianity......And it could be that this person's personally translated version is one that,... regarding Pauline Theology,... is going to be a complete fail.    So, what i would do with it, is look at specific verses that relate to Jesus <> Paul's doctrines, and see if the person change them to suit his pentecostal - charismatic theological point of view.  As that is what they usually do wrong, when they get it really wrong.

Just my 2 cents.

<B><

Did you see where I posted the chapter from the kjv and the chapter from this translation? Not a single verse from the passion translation came close to what the kjv (or any other version I looked at). The footnotes (which I didnt put in) explained why he chose what he did instead of really translating it. Its not a simple change of a word here and there. Its an outright alteration of the bible.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:03 PM, Acadia said:

Alright. That’s fine. People can just go look it up for themselves. I wasn’t aware of that rule (or maybe I forgot) but if you had asked me to remove it, I would have. I have no issues with respecting the rules. 

Let that white dove fly sister .   and keep on warning the folks .   

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Let that white dove fly sister .   and keep on warning the folks .   

You as well :)

(The dove in my avatar is one I used to have, she was very sweet and friendly)

God bless you. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

One of the reasons I like the NLT (New Living Translation) is over 100 scholars of diverse denominations translated it; usually three different tranaslators per book of the Bible. 

The Passion Bible (Brian Simmons) like The Living Bible (Kenneth N. Taylor), and The Complete Jewish Bible (David Stern) were each translated by one man. One man can make major mistakes. The Quran was written by one man, The Book of Mormon written by one man. The Holy Bible was written many authors (66+) though inspired by One Author, God’s Spirit (2 Peter 1:20-21). 

If thers is not enough translators of diverse denominational backgrounds, it’s going to be a translation slanted by the views of the single individual. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I've read a good bit of the passion translation. I don't really conciser it a translation but a commentary. It's interesting seeing where he goes with the text. there are some passages I believe he does a really good job translating but there is too much added text for me. There are also a few passages that take on totally different meanings than whats written in the text. For example, John 1:13 in The passion points to Jesus being born of God, while all other translations point to us being born of God when we receive Him.

I'll stick to the NKJV, NIV, ESV, and NASV and sometimes AMP when I feel like yelling.

41 minutes ago, Joshua-777 said:

I'll stick to the NKJV, NIV, ESV, and NASV and sometimes AMP when I feel like yelling.

I only would add AMPC, NLT, NASB (1970), Berean Literal Bible, and King James Version. ✝️

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/19/2018 at 8:30 PM, Davida said:

You are right it's absolutely Not Ok Acadia. The people like Brian Simmons are coming out of the woodwork these days and are the teachers that tickle people's ears.  We are the downers that will need to keep explaining to people why it's an attack upon God's word to change it in anyway. It is straight out of Satan's handbook. 

Agreed. Unfortunately many are being taught that personal experience and emotions are more important than sound doctrine and “rightly dividing the word of God.”

There is so much man-centred doctrine being promoted and sought after today.

If the word equal is used in its most basic sense and it’s saying we are equal to God, then that is blasphemy and is exactly the sin of Satan who said “I will be like the Most High..” (Isaiah 14:11-14) and is what he tempted Adam and Eve to believe, “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil." (Genesis 3:5). This be like is not, oh I will be like God in character, no it is word that means to be equal to God in an area or in full, “And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” (Genesis 3:22)