• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,271
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

25 minutes ago, dr3032 said:

I still haven't. I just can't really think of what a good opportunity might be. Do I just say something like, "hey, i'd like to talk for a moment"? Like, it's not that it isn't important, but that seems a bit dramatic.

Well, maybe just say you wanted to share something with them...then tell them.    It would be a wonderful relief to them to know that you are now  Christian.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

I am here to post an update. I thank you for all of your advice so far.

I feel as though sitting them down in order to do it, as stated prior to this, to be a bit dramatic. It's not that it's not a big deal, but in general, I feel like most people don't make a big deal out of something if you don't. I want to make the reveal a bit more natural and less forced, if that makes any sense.

Previously, I would only read the Bible in private. I have instead started spending more time just reading it openly. They haven't yet, but if they ask about it, I won't deny it. I've spent far too long hemming and hawing about what the best option would be, and i've just figured that a chance at social awkwardness is preferable to not doing as I must. Besides which, the vast majority of my life is social awkwardness, so it shouldn't be anything i'm not used to.

Again, I thank you all for your advice and encouragement. It's been a long time coming, and I hope to keep advancing as a Christian.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,397
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

People have different talents and temperaments. If you're introverted, which seems to be the case, God knows that. Some people are called to shine their light by way of being outgoing and speaking openly, others find ways to enrich the church from within.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,274
  • Content Per Day:  0.62

On 6/24/2018 at 10:38 AM, dr3032 said:

I don't if it seems like it would be awkward to bring up in everyday conversation or what, I just don't know what one revealing oneself as a Christian means.

I am introverted and I have found the best way for someone like me to be Christian is just to walker in kindness and consideration for others, seeking the needs of those around me first and putting my own selfish needs last. I become identified with Jesus Christ through the obvious way I think and act toward others. I let this happen naturally and do not seek to confront people with arguments or unwelcome advice. The works of the Holy Spirit speaks loud and clear and operates in a way that transcends our shortcomings.  

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Hi, thanks for sharing. It's a real blessing you turned back to God. The best thing is disclose this when you're ready. The moment and time has to feel right for you