• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Hello brothers and sisters,

I've been going through The Book of ZECHARIAH. I started at Chapter 7 today. I realized something amazing about that beautiful Chapter. I will describe that in detail after this post too. I want to talk about Chapter 11. Let's look at the verse 14. It comes right after the verses that describe the 30 pieces of silver. It is a well known fact that those verses - the ones up to and including the verse 13 - that talk about the 30 pieces of silver are prophetic and talk about the betrayal by Judas. And then there is the verse 14, the next verse, the verse that immediately follows them. That verse has the name Judah in it. Judas is the Greek version of Judah. It is the same name. The name of the person who was the receiver of the silver is mentioned in the very next verse! The verse 14 says that there will no longer be Union between Judah and Israel. The act of treachery by Judas breaks his union with the rest of the apostles. It also makes him an outcast for the rest of the righteous believers in Israel. 

It's amazing, I just noticed this today. I tried looking for commentaries that comment on that and I haven't found any online. Are there any commentaries that talk about that? Could someone post a link? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

It's always a great feeling when we see symbolic Biblical symmetry in the OT that correlate with later actual events..

8 hours ago, Adstar said:

It's always a great feeling when we see symbolic Biblical symmetry in the OT that correlate with later actual events..

Yes! It is beautiful! It's the best feeling I've ever had - observing miracles!!!

After listening to the 11th chapter of ZECHARIAH there were more realizations that I've been blessed with!

1) bonds - bonds are a objects that are very similar to a rope. Judas hung himself with a rope!

2) broken staff - staff is an object that is very similar to a tree branch. In fact, it is logical to assume, that most staffs that were ever made by people were former tree branches. They were decorated and subjected to some carpentry work but they started their existence as tree branches!

Now, how many deaths in ancient Israel, and on the whole Earth throughout the whole history for that matter, involved a rope or a rope like object and a stafflike object?

I realize that it could be very sad and unpleasant topic to talk about. But the purpose of talking about it is to praise THE LORD!!!!!! 

I wanted to continue, I'll continue a bit later

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

17 hours ago, justme007 said:

I've been going through The Book of ZECHARIAH. I started at Chapter 7 today. I realized something amazing about that beautiful Chapter. I will describe that in detail after this post too. I want to talk about Chapter 11. Let's look at the verse 14. It comes right after the verses that describe the 30 pieces of silver. It is a well known fact that those verses - the ones up to and including the verse 13 - that talk about the 30 pieces of silver are prophetic and talk about the betrayal by Judas. And then there is the verse 14, the next verse, the verse that immediately follows them. That verse has the name Judah in it. Judas is the Greek version of Judah. It is the same name. The name of the person who was the receiver of the silver is mentioned in the very next verse! The verse 14 says that there will no longer be Union between Judah and Israel. The act of treachery by Judas breaks his union with the rest of the apostles. It also makes him an outcast for the rest of the righteous believers in Israel. 

It's amazing, I just noticed this today. I tried looking for commentaries that comment on that and I haven't found any online. Are there any commentaries that talk about that? Could someone post a link? 

Is this what you are looking for?

https://www.openbible.info/labs/cross-references/search?q=ZECHARIAH11%3A13

https://www.openbible.info/labs/cross-references/search?q=Zechariah+11%3A14

Cheers!:)

Oh, that is a very helpful site, thanks ?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

It is very difficult chapter to interpret, but the prophesy about Christ, Judas, and 30 pieces of silver is unmistakable, and perfectly match the context of chapter 11 written by Zechariah.

Just like in all other places of the Bible where GOD portrait Himself as Husband and Father and Israel and Judah as His wife or His daughters, it seems the similar comparison was made between the nations of the world and the kingdom of Judah and the kingdom of Israel.

The tribe of Judah, since the day of its separation from Israel when a son of Solomon Rehoboam took the rule after his father Solomon, the tribe of Judah always has been a leading force of dedication and loyalty to GOD, which is cannot be said about 10 remaining tribes of Israel who immediately turned from GOD after separation and built themselves their own shrines and temples and worshiped foreign gods.

In this sense I see Judah as a shepherd who worships the Lord GOD in Jerusalem, while the rest of the “flock” 10 tribes of Israel went astray and fell victims to Assyrian invasion.

Only tribe of Benjamin, the tribe of the first king of united Israel Saul stayed with Judah all the way until Babylonian invasion captured Judah.

Despite the fact that the chapter 11 of Zechariah starts from a warning to foreign nation it looks like the theme of betrayal also applies and to all nations as well, to those whom Zechariah was prophesied.

In this case we can assume that the words “flock doomed to slaughter,” verses 4 and 7, prophetically relate to Judas of the New Testament as a symbol of the nations’ greed, dishonesty, and betrayal of GOD, which applies to all nations mentioned in that chapter.

Such assumption also can be supported by Psalm 44.22, “we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered,” on the other hand it is also can relate to Christ and all the prophets who were slaughtered for their prophesies.

The staffs called “Favor” (verses 7.10), which is Covenant (that He never will destroy the world again - the Rainbow) that GOD made with all the peoples of the Earth, Zechariah broke it, that means no more favor and mercy from GOD but only option of punishment is left. This means that GOD will not destroy the entire world, but only those who sinned against Him.

After receiving 30 shekels of silver, Zechariah broke second staff called “Union,” which broke union only between Judah and Israel (verse 14). Because Judah was the “shepherd” of Israel in terms of worship the Lord and upholding His Statutes and His Commandments, and tried a number of times to attach all tribes of Israel back to Judah to worship the Lord in Jerusalem, at the end Judah itself fall in its dedication and loyalty to the Lord, and join Israel in all their abominable practices.

By breaking the staff of “Union” the Lord GOD broke that evil union between Israel and Judah in worship of other gods and abominable practices taken from Canaanites.

So the point is, that all nations of the world, included Judah and Israel, are all “sheep doomed to slaughter” because they sold principals and ideals of GOD for 30 pieces of silver given to Zechariah as his payment for trying to bring them back to GOD.

In the New Testament, the leader of Israel sold Jesus Christ for the same price, 30 pieces of silver, and in both cases the money end up in the same place. Judas threw the money back into the Temple to Pharisees, but the money given to Zechariah he threw to the potter in the House of the Lord (verse 13).

So Judas of the New Testament symbolizes betrayal of the nations of the world, and also betrayal of GOD by Israel and Judah written in this prophetic chapter; and the 30 pieces of silver symbolizes the price they pay in order to repeal themselves from the Lord.

Also one very important message is written in the verse 17 which relate to all pastors who took on themselves responsibility to pasture GOD’S “sheep.” As we all very well know how corrupt and greedy for money they are, all those who live at the expense of the parishioners, they are also sold the principals and ideals of GOD for their “30 pieces of silver.”

And the from that arises a question: “What kind of reward the pastors expect for their work from GOD when they already receive their reward in monetary value as their salaries here on Earth?”

On 6/28/2018 at 11:07 PM, Alex2165 said:

It is very difficult chapter to interpret, but the prophesy about Christ, Judas, and 30 pieces of silver is unmistakable, and perfectly match the context of chapter 11 written by Zechariah.

Just like in all other places of the Bible where GOD portrait Himself as Husband and Father and Israel and Judah as His wife or His daughters, it seems the similar comparison was made between the nations of the world and the kingdom of Judah and the kingdom of Israel.

The tribe of Judah, since the day of its separation from Israel when a son of Solomon Rehoboam took the rule after his father Solomon, the tribe of Judah always has been a leading force of dedication and loyalty to GOD, which is cannot be said about 10 remaining tribes of Israel who immediately turned from GOD after separation and built themselves their own shrines and temples and worshiped foreign gods.

In this sense I see Judah as a shepherd who worships the Lord GOD in Jerusalem, while the rest of the “flock” 10 tribes of Israel went astray and fell victims to Assyrian invasion.

Only tribe of Benjamin, the tribe of the first king of united Israel Saul stayed with Judah all the way until Babylonian invasion captured Judah.

Despite the fact that the chapter 11 of Zechariah starts from a warning to foreign nation it looks like the theme of betrayal also applies and to all nations as well, to those whom Zechariah was prophesied.

In this case we can assume that the words “flock doomed to slaughter,” verses 4 and 7, prophetically relate to Judas of the New Testament as a symbol of the nations’ greed, dishonesty, and betrayal of GOD, which applies to all nations mentioned in that chapter.

Such assumption also can be supported by Psalm 44.22, “we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered,” on the other hand it is also can relate to Christ and all the prophets who were slaughtered for their prophesies.

The staffs called “Favor” (verses 7.10), which is Covenant (that He never will destroy the world again - the Rainbow) that GOD made with all the peoples of the Earth, Zechariah broke it, that means no more favor and mercy from GOD but only option of punishment is left. This means that GOD will not destroy the entire world, but only those who sinned against Him.

After receiving 30 shekels of silver, Zechariah broke second staff called “Union,” which broke union only between Judah and Israel (verse 14). Because Judah was the “shepherd” of Israel in terms of worship the Lord and upholding His Statutes and His Commandments, and tried a number of times to attach all tribes of Israel back to Judah to worship the Lord in Jerusalem, at the end Judah itself fall in its dedication and loyalty to the Lord, and join Israel in all their abominable practices.

By breaking the staff of “Union” the Lord GOD broke that evil union between Israel and Judah in worship of other gods and abominable practices taken from Canaanites.

So the point is, that all nations of the world, included Judah and Israel, are all “sheep doomed to slaughter” because they sold principals and ideals of GOD for 30 pieces of silver given to Zechariah as his payment for trying to bring them back to GOD.

In the New Testament, the leader of Israel sold Jesus Christ for the same price, 30 pieces of silver, and in both cases the money end up in the same place. Judas threw the money back into the Temple to Pharisees, but the money given to Zechariah he threw to the potter in the House of the Lord (verse 13).

So Judas of the New Testament symbolizes betrayal of the nations of the world, and also betrayal of GOD by Israel and Judah written in this prophetic chapter; and the 30 pieces of silver symbolizes the price they pay in order to repeal themselves from the Lord.

Also one very important message is written in the verse 17 which relate to all pastors who took on themselves responsibility to pasture GOD’S “sheep.” As we all very well know how corrupt and greedy for money they are, all those who live at the expense of the parishioners, they are also sold the principals and ideals of GOD for their “30 pieces of silver.”

And the from that arises a question: “What kind of reward the pastors expect for their work from GOD when they already receive their reward in monetary value as their salaries here on Earth?”

That is an inspiring analysis! And the conclusions that you write are very inspiring too because they revolve around the recognition of our need to repent, believe and strive for righteousness. 

What a nice world would it be if everyone were to repent of their sins and pray in the NAME OF JESUS!!!!!!! if everyone would leave all the sins corruption and abomination like idols and atheism. 

And the money, if everyone would just try to spend what is necessary for them to survive and give the rest to the poor. MATTHEW 19:21

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 3:47 PM, justme007 said:

bonds are a objects that are very similar to a rope. Judas hung himself with a rope!

I understand the 30 pieces of silver, but I don't understand the rest, other people were hung in the bible including Jesus.

2 Samuel chapter 17 verse 23

When Ahithophel saw that his advice had not been followed, he saddled his donkey and set out for his house in his hometown. He put his house in order and then hanged himself. So he died and was buried in his father's tomb.

2 Samuel chapter 4 verse 12

So David gave an order to his men, and they killed them. They cut off their hands and feet and hung the bodies by the pool in Hebron. But they took the head of Ish-Bosheth and buried it in Abner's tomb at Hebron.

Joshua chapter 10 verse 26

Then Joshua put the kings to death and exposed their bodies on five poles, and they were left hanging on the poles until evening.

This verse I don't see anything about Judas.

14 Then I broke my second staff called Union, breaking the family bond between Judah and Israel

Am I misunderstanding something.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  3

On 6/26/2018 at 12:03 AM, justme007 said:

There is also Romans 11:28.

This speaks to how the jews are set aside for a time........... and we have the "time of the Gentiles".........  So, as you look at  the union between the house of Israel who rejected Messiah, and how God now "grafts in" what is explained to Peter in Acts 10:15, until the "times of the gentiles" be fulfilled,.... and then God turns back to the Jews.

Edited by Behold