FollowerOfTheWay

God gave me the power to forgive!

Posted (edited)

I start off by saying that I have accepted the gift of salvation, as I can now understand in it in a new light. After having done that, God gave me the power to forgive! :) 

Yes, I cannot be angry - like I am above anger - and instead I feel forgiveness towards everything! This is amazing! 

Thank you God! Thank you Jesus!

Do you have the same power, the power to forgive? I want to know if all, or most, Christians are in the same state of consciousness?

Now, having accepted the gift of salvation, I don´t know how the rest will turn out for me, with my beliefs and stuffs. I am quite clear about many things - the occultic practises and the occultic realm, New Age, drugs, the world, people... and God´s grace! I believe in the Gospel now, and the Gospel only - I don´t know yet if I want to believe, for example, that the rest who do not believe go to hell for eternity with no exception, or that earth is just 7000 years old... I just want to have the gift of salvation - no other speculation - and to base my life on that gift, so that I might be a light of the world (Matthew 5:14-16).

Edited by FollowerOfTheWay
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

Under Law , we must forgive to be forgiven, under grace, we forgive others because of our gratitude to God for forgiving us .We are already forgiven of all of our sins if we are Believers.

• This is Worthy 1

FollowerOfTheWay, I am praising God.  As you continue to follow Him, you will see more of what He wants in your life.  Prepare to hear more from Him, our Saviour, and ask Him to give you understanding about all your questions.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 3:52 PM, FollowerOfTheWay said:

I start off by saying that I have accepted the gift of salvation, as I can now understand in it in a new light. After having done that, God gave me the power to forgive! :) 

Yes, I cannot be angry - like I am above anger - and instead I feel forgiveness towards everything! This is amazing! 

Do you have the same power, the power to forgive? I want to know if all, or most, Christians are in the same state of consciousness?

Now, having accepted the gift of salvation, I don´t know how the rest will turn out for me, with my beliefs and stuffs. I am quite clear about many things - the occultic practises and the occultic realm, New Age, drugs, the world, people... and God´s grace! I believe in the Gospel now, and the Gospel only - I don´t know yet if I want to believe, for example, that the rest who do not believe go to hell for eternity with no exception, or that earth is just 7000 years old... I just want to have the gift of salvation - no other speculation - and to base my life on that gift, so that I might be a light of the world (Matthew 5:14-16).

Hi FolloweOfTheWay,

That`s great bro. The first flush of our relationship walking with the Lord is very sweet. The Lord is so, so gracious to us. Enjoy having your `eyes` opened to all sorts of things, and seek, as you are, to know Him more and you`ll keep true north, (as I learnt in flying).

all the best, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 3:52 PM, FollowerOfTheWay said:

Hi FollowerOfTheWay,

I see you asked  `Do you have the same power, the power to forgive? I want to know if all, or most, Christians are in the same state of consciousness?`

Yes we all know we need to forgive, however as we travel along in life, the Lord reveals things within us. Often people are very hurt and try to forgive in their own strength instead of allowing God`s Spirit within to bring out Christ`s character. In each stage of our maturing the Lord highlights those areas that need attention. Some have no trouble forgiving, while others do, or some have trouble with envy and others don`t. Experiences in life mar us and only the Lord knows how to teach each person.

My hubby encourages you to live in the truth that you have found, but look forward to what truth the Lord has to show you next.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/26/2018 at 1:52 AM, FollowerOfTheWay said:

Hi,

It is a great "feeling" and one that will get it's exercise, challenging exercise too!

Many a believer if not all come to the challenge of forgiving. It is a major key on the ring of principles for sharing of the awesome gift you have received from God. May you quickly learn the words  verses and passages of the Bible that reinforce that gift.

From your enthusiasm it seems you may have an especially  heightened awareness of that attribute, and command from God.  I encourage you as you read pray and study  to build upon that  awareness and gift from God.  Please share here as you learn and as you do get challenged onto growth of your awareness.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Brilliant! 1

On 6/26/2018 at 1:52 AM, FollowerOfTheWay said:

I find I am more willing to forgive, I am wondering what do you mean by having the power to forgive.

Posted (edited)
On 6/26/2018 at 3:34 AM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Under Law , we must forgive to be forgiven, under grace, we forgive others because of our gratitude to God for forgiving us .We are already forgiven of all of our sins if we are Believers.

We are forgiven of our sins whether we are believers or not.

Rom 6:10  For when he died, he died once and for all as far as sin is concerned. But now that he is alive, he lives for God. 

Heb_7:27  He has no need to offer sacrifices every day like high priests do, first for his own sins and then for those of the people, since he did this once for all when he sacrificed himself. 
Heb_9:12  Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with his own blood he went into the Most Holy Place once for all and secured our eternal redemption. 
Heb_9:26  Then he would have had to suffer repeatedly since the creation of the world. But now, at the end of the ages, he has appeared once for all to remove sin by his sacrifice. 

Heb_10:10  By God's will we have been sanctified once and for all through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus, the Messiah. 
1Pe_3:18  For the Messiah also suffered for sins once for all, an innocent person for the guilty, so that he could bring you to God. He was put to death in a mortal body but was brought to life by the Spirit, 

The difference is that a believer, like someone drowning and accepting the life saver thrown to them, accepts this gift from God. 

Eph 2:8  For by such grace you have been saved through faith. This does not come from you; it is the gift of God 
Eph 2:9  and not the result of actions, to put a stop to all boasting

It's a gift given to us as a result of something Jesus did for us and not from anything that we do or think.

We have faith in the work of Jesus at the cross and latch on to it with the faith of a doomed and drowning person grabbing a lifesaver.

Edited by Mike 2
  • Praise God! 1

All true......I should have been more precise.....ALL the sins of the entire world, past ,present and future were laid on Christ at the Cross.......once God got the sin issue taken care of,He is now looking for faith......faith in the FINISHED work of the Cross.....the unsaved man in this Age Of Grace does not need forgiveness—- it’s a done deal—- he needs FAITH to cash in on That forgiveness......Faith in the Gospel found in 1cor15:1-4

Thank you , Mike2, for prompting me to be more accurate. God bless.

• Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Mike 2 said:

what do you mean by having the power to forgive.

I mean having God´s power to forgive, not your own.

Edited by FollowerOfTheWay