ever saw it heard of this happening

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

not so much the first tome visitor part but I've heard pastors say they've been confronted by people claiming they were bad talking them in the sermon while the pastor had no clue  of their actions. pretty much their conscience pricking them 

20180625_144010.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

I have no doubt this happens..

But really it should not be surprising that the Holy Spirit may inspire a pastor to give a sermon that is Tailor made for someone in the audience who needs to face conviction for their transgressions against Gods will..  All the while the pastor thinks it is his sermon and has no idea that the person is in the audiences..

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

8 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

I've heard pastors say they've been confronted by people claiming they were bad talking them in the sermon

I went to a church almost 30 years ago, where the pastor said he didn't sin, I talked to him privately about my sin and asked him how he did it, when someone walked into the room he said hay you know what john does, and I was also talked about in a sermon.

But I guess that's why the bible has nothing good to say about pastors.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

Must have been a good spirit filled sermon. Someone was under conviction (if the shoe fits....) Just didn't know how to deal with it. I've been there, as most of us have. ( except those who have already arrived) .......:cool2:

Jesus Christ, and Him crucified........

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

11 minutes ago, john1 said:

I went to a church almost 30 years ago, where the pastor said he didn't sin, I talked to him privately about my sin and asked him how he did it, when someone walked into the room he said hay you know what john does, and I was also talked about in a sermon.

But I guess that's why the bible has nothing good to say about pastors.

If that happened to you then that was very wrong, and was sin. He missed the mark big time. But don't judge all pastors the same. There are plenty that are sold out to glorify our Lord, to build up the flock, dedicating their life to feeding the sheep.
                                            (Anyone who says he doesn't sin, is calling God a liar!)

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.77
  • Days Won:  21

8 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

not so much the first tome visitor part but I've heard pastors say they've been confronted by people claiming they were bad talking them in the sermon while the pastor had no clue  of their actions. pretty much their conscience pricking them 

20180625_144010.jpg

When the Spirit shows up and "reads your mail" ... I've definitely had this happen. I didn't think it was the Pastor calling out my junk though, rather the Holy Spirit pointing me on away from my mess. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Some sermons are occasionally infused with prophetic inspiration.  The resulting impact is explained by Paul:

"If all prophesy, an unbeliever or outsider who enters is reproved by all an called to account by all.  After the secrets of the heart are exposed, he will bow down before God in worship, declaring, "God is truly in your midst (1 Cor 14:25-26)."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

On 6/26/2018 at 8:11 AM, creativemechanic said:

20180625_144010.jpg

Yep. I have heard sermons that seemed to be custom made for me. But then I realized there is no such thing as a mind reader so it couldn't be the pastor but instead must be the conviction of the Holy Spirit.