IGNORED

Can't shake the feeling to tell the truth, how to discern its what God wants?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Hello

I'd asked previously about the difference between knowing whether to mind my own business or clear my conscience, but I also wanted to ask, what do I do when something within me keeps telling me to tell another person the truth about something (not to do with me but them).I dont want to doubt God but I also dont want to do something that was not what he wanted. I am quite confused

Edited by seekingGod97

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Can you give more specifics about the situation?

17 minutes ago, HikerMom said:

Can you give more specifics about the situation?

Its a bit private but its really about my fear of being honest. If I was to give more details, I'd say its being a witness to a sin, but the other person not knowing I know and not being honest, lieing when I am asked if I am okay because it has been bothering me and I am not okay. 

Edited by seekingGod97

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

If that person is asking if youare ok, you should be honest with him/her and explain how ithas effected you.  If it isn't the person ask yourself if any good would come from you talking to the person. Ifyou think God is telling you to talk to the person there is no question, just do it. If you dont it might affect your relationship with the Lord. How can you know?  God wont let go..  thats my experience.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's hard to give any advice without knowing the details.  James says that if we ask for wisdom then God will give it to us.  You could seek someone you trust and look up to in the faith and give them the specifics and seek their advice.  It's just hard to say without knowing the details.  Are you having trouble forgiving someone?  The book of Ecclesiastes says there is a time to speak and a time to be silent.  It is a discernment issue and that takes maturity.  Ask God to give you wisdom on your motives and maybe share specifically with and older, more mature Christian...those are my thoughts!  Blessings!

Edited by HikerMom
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, HikerMom said:

It's hard to give any advice without knowing the details.  James says that if we ask for wisdom then God will give it to us.  You could seek someone you trust and look up to in the faith and give them the specifics and seek their advice.  It's just hard to say without knowing the details.  Are you having trouble forgiving someone?  The book of Ecclesiastes says there is a time to speak and a time to be silent.  It is a discernment issue and that takes maturity.  Ask God to show give you wisdom on your motives and maybe share specifically with and older, more mature Christian...those are my thoughts!  Blessings!

thank you for the advice, I wouldnt want to put another persons private information online, thats why I am keeping it brief, not because I dont want to share 

17 minutes ago, other one said:

If that person is asking if youare ok, you should be honest with him/her and explain how ithas effected you.  If it isn't the person ask yourself if any good would come from you talking to the person. Ifyou think God is telling you to talk to the person there is no question, just do it. If you dont it might affect your relationship with the Lord. How can you know?  God wont let go..  thats my experience.

thank you for the advice, no matter how much I try to shake the thought to be truthful it still stays in my heart, but fear and anxiety are causing my thoughts to go all over the place

SeekingGod....I don't think it could hurt to be more specific on this private forum.  It would be pretty anonymous.  There are times when I have had fear when I needed to do the right thing. And there are times I've had fear because I was about to do something that was wrong.  And sometimes I just wasn't using good judgement.  That is why it is hard to advise you without more information.  Saying a prayer for God to give you wisdom!!

Just noticed that somehow I missed the detail about you being a witness to a sin....still, I think that it is all too vague for me to try to help.  Is there any wise older trustworthy Christian whom you can talk to in more detail and get advice from?

I don't believe you would be wrong to share with another trustworthy person if your motive is to figure out what you should do.  I just hate for you to let your anxiety get out of control!  Here is the scripture that comes to mind because it has been so relevant for me recently...

If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind."   James 1: 5-6 

Ask God for His wisdom and give Him time to shape your thoughts before acting...

Edited by HikerMom

7 minutes ago, HikerMom said:

Just noticed that somehow I missed the detail about you being a witness to a sin....still, I think that it is all too vague for me to try to help.  Is there any wise older trustworthy Christian whom you can talk to in more detail and get advice from?

yes there are, I had been speaking to one but since coming on this site, I thought I'd ask in general as I'd seen that people on this site were quite helpful, but by answering me you have already helped me, you reminded me I am not alone so thank you 

Edited by seekingGod97