Eternal Life

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Does eternal life only begin once your physical body dies, or can it begin before you pass away, i.e. upon Spiritual Birth?

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,461
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,742
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Shalom Kirk,

First of all, welcome to Worthy!  :)  

As soon as you've been "born again" and birthed into the Kingdom -- that cannot be "unborn" and your eternal being is within your physical being.  As 1 Peter states,

1Pe 1:20  indeed having been foreknown before the foundation of the world, but revealed in the last times for you, 
1Pe 1:21  those believing in God through Him, He who raised Him up from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope might be in God. 
1Pe 1:22  Purifying your souls in the obedience of the truth through the Spirit to unfeigned love of the brothers, love one another fervently out of a pure heart, 
1Pe 1:23  having been born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, through the living Word of God, and abiding forever. 

God bless,

George

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

After you receive that Jesus Christ died on the cross to forgive you for your sin and arose from the dead; and then in thanksgiving surrender to Him the Lord and Creator of the universe, you are born again of the Father.  This cannot be done by a baby.  We can be born again now. We receive the life of Christ, His Holy Spirit which is the down payment of the salvation of our bodies.   The salvation of our bodies is the last part of our salvation that occurs after our bodies die.  We can know the joy of our salvation and the love, joy and peace He brings right now.  Jesus said that he came that we might have life and have it more abundantly.  We can face life with His strength knowing He will never leave us or forsake us.  

The problem is that some receive Jesus as "fire insurance".  They don't want to go to hell but they don't want to live for God, trusting in His guidance and instructions as helping us through life.  They don't receive Him as Lord.

Joh 1:1 NKJV  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Joh 1:2  He was in the beginning with God. Joh 1:3  All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

Joh 1:12  But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: Joh 1:13  who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. Joh 1:14  And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

Joh 3:16  For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Rom 10:9  ESV  because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Rom 10:10  For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

1Co 15:1  Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, 1Co 15:2  and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. 1Co 15:3  For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 1Co 15:4  that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, 1Co 15:5  and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 1Co 15:6  Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep.

1Jo 5:12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.   1Jo 5:13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.

1Pe 1:3  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 1Pe 1:4  to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, 1Pe 1:5  who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.