IGNORED

Is there a better way to 'do Church'?

arachnogeek

Guest shiloh357
22 minutes ago, john1 said:

We disagree again, and the sinners prayer is not in the bible anywhere.

I didn't say anything about a sinner's prayer.  I said that we must accept Jesus into our heats, believe upon Him for salvation.   That is how we are born again.  If you say otherwise you are teaching a false gospel.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

I said that we must accept Jesus into our heats, believe upon Him for salvation.   That is how we are born again.

Where does the bible say that, I'll do it if you tell me, but I know it says this.

1 John chapter 4 verse 7

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.

Jeremiah chapter 22 verse 16

He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" declares the LORD.

13 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I said that we must accept Jesus into our heats, believe upon Him for salvation.   That is how we are born again. 

Here's another verse.

1 John chapter 2 verse 2

He himself is the sacrifice that atones for our sins--and not only our sins but the sins of all the world.

Guest shiloh357
17 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

It's a bit more involved than that. You have to have true faith, be willing to repent and leave your old life behind to be born again and be baptized into the Holy Spirit. 

Yeah, that is kind of a given. I didn't think I needed spell that out to Christians.

Guest shiloh357
19 minutes ago, john1 said:

Where does the bible say that, I'll do it if you tell me, but I know it says this.

1 John chapter 4 verse 7

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.

Jeremiah chapter 22 verse 16

He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" declares the LORD.

That is not how you are born again.  That is the fruit of being born again.

8 minutes ago, john1 said:

Here's another verse.

1 John chapter 2 verse 2

He himself is the sacrifice that atones for our sins--and not only our sins but the sins of all the world.

Again, that has nothing to do with how a person is saved. 

Being born again, simply means that we believe on Jesus as our Lord and Savior, that we repent of our sins and He comes to live within us in the Person of the Holy Spirit.

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Badjao33 said:

Just wanted to be sure, you scared me there for a minute ;)

I am not the one you need to be worried about when it comes to false doctrine.

9 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Being born again, simply means that we believe on Jesus as our Lord and Savior, that we repent of our sins and He comes to live within us in the Person of the Holy Spirit.

Please show verses to back it up.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

10 hours ago, Badjao33 said:

If you were serving in the communities of unbelievers, you would understand. When we only surround ourselves with other believers who hold the same opinions and points of views, it's easy not to see how those outside of our circle view us. One of the reasons that a lot of people in the unbelieving world aren't willing to believe what we preach is because we are seen by many as being hypocrites, liars, self righteous, and bigots.  As a believer it hurts to be viewed in such ways since we know Jesus does not approve of any of these traits from those who follow Him.  While it may seem I always have something negative to say about us, all I am trying to do is raise awareness to some of the many problems we have within the Body of Christ. Before we can effectively reach the lost, we have to first humble ourselves and admit that we too have our faults and recognize that many of the sins of the world exist within our own community. 

How am I not serving in a community of unbelievers?   I live very near a mosque and Little Bangladesh (Muslims).  I live in secular L.A.

My dearest friends are from Bangladesh and were raised as Muslims...have known them for almost 19 years.   I attended a birthday party for their little girl with about 30 Muslims.  I have friends who were raised as Hindus.  My mother and I helped Kavitha decorate for a baby shower.  All of the other guests were from India and raised as Hindus.  When their parents came from India I not only was invited to meet both sets of in-laws, but sometimes went out with Kavitha's mother.

In all the years I've known the above people, they have never said anything negative about Christians!!  Instead they have been very happy to know Christians and are happier going out with us (the Muslim raised wife told me that).   They understand that not everyone in the USA is a Christian.

Maybe instead of you continually dwelling on the many sins of so-called "Christians", you should be encouraging true Christians to reach out to others in Christian love?   Think of this: if you are married and you continually dwell and complain about your wife's perceived faults or sins, I think she would soon get tired of that abuse from you.  Instead why not praise and encourage her?   Likewise, why not praise and encourage true Christians instead of continually dwelling on the negatives of some who claim to be a Christian?

• Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

So you are trying (poorly) to teach Universalism?

All I've done is post bible verses if that's universalism, that's what it is.

Guest shiloh357
9 hours ago, john1 said:

All I've done is post bible verses if that's universalism, that's what it is.

Universalism is the view that all people are saved by what Jesus did on the cross.  It teaches that even those in Hell, like Hitler will eventually be saved.  Is that what you believe?