IGNORED

Is there a better way to 'do Church'?

arachnogeek

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

Jesus did die for the sins of the whole world, according to my bible.  1 John 2:2  "He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world."

But.    John 14:6    "Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
There's the rub.

John 3:16-17  “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
 A person is not saved, as john said, by the sacrificial death of Christ, if they do not believe, by faith.
I cannot talk for some one else, and there is much in john's posts I do not agree with, but that is how I took it on this one.

Jesus died for everyone.  Only those who obey the Gospel and believe on and trust Christ for salvation will appropriate the benefits of His finished work on the cross.   Yes, Jesus paid the penalty of our sins and that is basis of salvation and that is what we saved by in that it is the object and grounds of our faith. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

If you are not trusting in Jesus alone for salvation and if your faith is not based on His finished work on the cross, then you have no  salvation.

The law was never meant to be obeyed.

1 Timothy chapter 1 verse 7,8

They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm.

We know that the law is good if one uses it properly.

Galatians chapter 3 verse 24,25,23

So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith.

Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed.

Jesus also came to testify to the truth.

John chapter 18 verse 37
"You are a king, then!" said Pilate. Jesus answered, "You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

Do you listen to Jesus.

3 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

Then please tell us why Jesus came down to us on Earth in the first place? I'm pretty sure that it wasn't to sell corn dogs on a stick at Coney Island. O.o

John chapter 18 verse 37

"You are a king, then!" said Pilate. Jesus answered, "You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, john1 said:

The law was never meant to be obeyed.

I didn't say anything about obeying the Law.   I am talking about trusting in Jesus for salvation.   If you don't trust in Jesus and what He did on the cross, you are not saved and are not in the Kingdom of God.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:38 PM, shiloh357 said:

That is not how you are born again.  That is the fruit of being born again.

Again, that has nothing to do with how a person is saved. 

Being born again, simply means that we believe on Jesus as our Lord and Savior, that we repent of our sins and He comes to live within us in the Person of the Holy Spirit.

quaote romans to the man .    It clearly says THAT IF we believe from the heart and confess with the MOUTH THE LORD JESUS .   

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
Just now, frienduff thaylorde said:

quaote romans to the man .    It clearly says THAT IF we believe from the heart and confess with the MOUTH THE LORD JESUS .   

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 
(Rom 10:9-10)

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Just now, shiloh357 said:

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 
(Rom 10:9-10)

HERE it is JOHN .     HERE IT IS .    had to get said ONE MORE TIME .    

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

A person is not saved, as john said, by the sacrificial death of Christ, if they do not believe, by faith.
I cannot talk for some one else, and there is much in john's posts I do not agree with, but that is how I took it on this one.

1 Peter chapter 4 verse 8

Love covers a great many sins.

Romans chapter 4 verse 15 because the Law brings wrath. And where there is no law, there is no transgression.

Love is the only way to God.

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

If you don't trust in Jesus and what He did on the cross, you are not saved and are not in the Kingdom of God.

James chapter 4 verse 12

There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you--who are you to judge your neighbor?

Only God can say who's saved.

4 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

You don't seem to understand the concept of salvation at all.

I think you don't.

Luke chapter 10 verses 25-37
On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher, he asked, what must I do to inherit eternal life? What is written in the Law? he replied. How do you read it? He answered: Love the lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and Love your neighbor as yourself. You have answered correctly, Jesus replied. Do this and you will live. But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, And who is my neighbor? In reply Jesus said: A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he fell into the hands of robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. So too , a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him passed by on the other side. But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, took him to an inn and took care of him The next day he took out two silver coins and gave them to the innkeeper. Look after him said, and when I return, I will reimburse you   for any extra expense you may have. Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers. The expert in the law replied, The one who had mercy on him. Jesus told him, Go and do likewise.