Sign in to follow this  
Last Daze

The Sword is Coming

There is no doubt that the sword is coming for believers.  It has been foretold for millennia and world events are pointing toward its nearness.

• I kept looking, and that horn was waging war with the saints and overpowering them. He will speak out against the Most High and wear down the saints of the Highest One, and he will intend to make alterations in times and in law; and they will be given into his hand for a time, times, and half a time.  Daniel 7:21,25
  • So the dragon was enraged with the woman, and went off to make war with the rest of her children, who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus.  Revelation 12:17
  • It was also given to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them, and authority over every tribe and people and tongue and nation was given to him.  Revelation 13:7

Those who know their God will take action.  Those who don't, won't.  Simple as that.  The question is, what action will you take?  A martyr's faith can't be turned on like a light switch.  The time to prepare is now.  Separate from the world and set your affections on things above.  There will soon come a time when believers are called on to forfeit everything, even their lives.

• And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even when faced with death.  Revelation 12:11

The actions you take, and the consequences thereof, are up to you.  May the body of Christ, the Church, fare well in the time of great tribulation.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

Posted (edited)

You are right on the money here. Whether we meet Him at our resurrection or the time of our own death, the purpose of this hope is very clear. I am growing more than a little weary reading about which books or passages pertain to Israel, the church, the elect, or the saints. Trouble is already here in other parts of the world, we'd be fools to think America is too good for that.

Mark 13:35-37 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: 36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. 37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

1 John 3:1-3 ¶ Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. 2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

1 Peter 1:13-16 ¶ Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: 15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; 16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

Edited by JoeChan82
Needed more
  • Thumbs Up 2

34 minutes ago, JoeChan82 said:

You are right on the money here. Whether we meet Him at our resurrection or the time of our own death, the purpose of this hope is very clear. I am growing more than a little weary reading about which books or passages pertain to Israel, the church, the elect, or the saints. Trouble is already here in other parts of the world, we'd be fools to think America is too good for that.

Yes, it's pretty clear to those who haven't been tainted by a "privileged, elitist" mentality.  All we can do is warn.  Being prepared is up to each individual person.  People can either act on the teachings of Jesus or the fantasies of men.  Their choice.

• And He was saying to them all, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me.  For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he is the one who will save it.  Luke 9:23-24

Do not become lackadaisical.  Follow Jesus and persevere in the faith to the end!

Sign in to follow this