IGNORED

What Comes To Mind When You Think About God?

Annette

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  7

Hey guys,

I understand that we all have different experiences,  and these can have an impact on how we view things. 

I was wondering what characteristic/s of God comes to mind when you think of Him 

Look forward to reading your responses.  :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, Annette said:

Hey guys,

I understand that we all have different experiences,  and these can have an impact on how we view things. 

I was wondering what characteristic/s of God comes to mind when you think of Him 

For me it’s Gods righteousness. Knowning that He always does the good and proper thing. The right thing. Knowning that if I, (to the best that I know) pursue righteousness I am pursuing His Heart. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

He is the almighty, He is the alpha and the omega , we come to the existence surely was started by His great plan , knowing His plan is very important.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Yowm said:

Him becoming man in Jesus Christ that we may truly know Him through His Son and have fellowship with Him. 

The astounding truth that He actually went through the pain and suffering and death when He could have simply 'taken His marbles and gone home'

Yes, In order to understand that the salvation is by God's Grace alone , in order to establish that premise He should introduce that actually He was the lamb that was slain before the creation of the world Rev5:6.

Surely He had a great plan before the creation of the world about us.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Annette said:

Hey guys,

God is Light. And in Him is no darkness. At all. His promises are true. They work. They are for real. If I will just learn to wait. Upon the Lord.
Summing up. My God is a faithful God. If I will only wait for His timing.  Faith full ...

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Yowm said:

The thoughts about Him are multitudinous, I only chose a couple.

before this perishable world was formed:

Eph1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love.

The realm existed in that time = eternal realm = realm where God was,is.

Isa43:7 Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him

Isa43:21 This people have I formed for myself; they shall shew forth my praise.

Then to realize His plan , there are many steps , one of them " men can only bring Glory to Him , if men come to understand that the salvation is only by God's Grace , for this sake then it is a inevitability that men surely need to be redeemed by His Grace only , that's why He was slain already before the creation of the world.

Edited by adhidw

4 hours ago, Yowm said:

This is not a 'challenge' or 'debate' thread. The OP simply asked what characteristics of God came to mind when we thought of Him.

I don't know why you have chosen to respond to my posts. Do you have 'characteristics of God that come to mind when you think of God? Can you share them without challenging or correcting my statements?

I'm in no mood for a debate if that is what you seek.

Oh , I apologize if you feel being offended with my comment above, as before i made a comment on you, i responded the op too , just for discussing there was no any other agenda , feel free to forget my comment , i apologize for not comfort . 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,776
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

10 hours ago, Yowm said:

Him becoming man in Jesus Christ that we may truly know Him through His Son and have fellowship with Him. 

The astounding truth that He actually went through the pain and suffering and death when He could have simply 'taken His marbles and gone home'

I am wondering what you are talking about?  

Going where? and to whom? 

Please define "home", 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

His Kindness.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,776
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

13 hours ago, Not me said:

For me it’s Gods righteousness. Knowning that He always does the good and proper thing. The right thing. Knowning that if I, (to the best that I know) pursue righteousness I am pursuing His Heart. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

Hello NM, 

I am not an English language teacher, but reading your post on the first and second line I see the word "Gods", this word "Gods", isolated and taken out  of context and using dictionaries someone may try to prove that you believe in a pantheon of Gods, as it is in the plural form. 

Looking into the context of your first paragraph we may deduced that you may want to say that everything God does is always right, God cannot be accused of iniquity , or iniquity cannot be found in him, and that he is always fair. 

Did you at the same time wanted to bring to our attention about Jesus Christ righteousness. 

About the righteousness of God in Jesus Christ, that Jesus Christ had always been in obedience to his Heavenly Father, even all the way to the Cross. 

And not only that , but he was obedient as he,  in the past been the Creator of all things, that includes Adam, and being the God of Abraham, and Moses and having a people for himself , the children of the Law of Moses, obeyed the Father who asked him to leave everything behind and start all over from the beginning, bringing his life and his inheritance into this world when he was concieved and born into our world. 

the righteousness of Jesus CHRIST, and that he will remain righteous forevermore with the righteousness of his Father, as he himself said: that he and the Father be always one, be found with the same righteousness and that we also may be with the same righteousness as him himself and for that reason we through him we will always have " the righteousness of God", by having the righteousness of Jesus Christ, imputed to us through faith in him.

This also is telling us that Jesus Christ will remain righteous for ever, as he Judges over all things being made the Judge of all by his Father. 

He himself being Judge by no one, as no one can give him a command or subject him to obedience, as the Father gave him all authority in all things, he Jesus rules and not the Father. 

For that and for any other reason, we always have the righteousness of God in Jesus CHRIST, in other words having the imputed righteousness of JESUS CHRIST. 

As he is and so we are. 

He will have God's righteousness forever and so we, 

We are of the same righteousness as he is.

So we can be with him and with the Heavenly Father .

And we are also of the same life as he himself, the eternal LIFE, 

I undersdant that we also have our own life and our own spirit and our own righteousness. 

And we also have of his Spirit so we can be in fellowship with him and worship God in Spirit in the name of Jesus CHRIST.