• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

something we Christians need to be very wary of- 

letting info about our church' issues get out. sometimes maybewe let them slip in casual conversation   or by directly telling non members about what has happened . some of the issues may even not be needed to discuss with each other. but they  damage  the overall  ministry  of our church  by letting outside people know whatever issues or conflicts happen inside.

i know it happens because

1. i carelessly did it ib the past,only to realise after and felt awful.

2. actually  experienced  situations  when i was confronted  by people who had either left the church or never attended about issues happening  inside. 

just be careful

20180628_211705.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I completely agree. The church is not perfect and we should definitely cover one another. The bible explains the process by which we address sin and gossiping is not one of them!

http://www.theroadtoemmaus.ca

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

That is not an example of church business.

It is an example of gossip.

The Bible shares  of how church business is to be handled, and the whole world is invited to read it.

not literal business. moreso issues within that particular body of beleivers

13 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

not literal business. moreso issues within that particular body of beleivers

Hi, Hey one just does not listen to gossip.  To stop gossip. Simply say;  Stop right there, while I get the person you are talking about to come over here and we will discuss it together. That stops gossipers dead in their tracks.

19 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, Hey one just does not listen to gossip.  To stop gossip. Simply say;  Stop right there, while I get the person you are talking about to come over here and we will discuss it together. That stops gossipers dead in their tracks.

Haa good one.  but my point is this. careful what u say and church business  outside or even in church.

Hi again, we seem to be in debate here. I guess I disagree with the point, but agree withthe concept that one does not disparage another to third parties period; but one should never let gossip rule the darkness, it instead must be faced openly into the light and dealt with.

If there is a problem there is very well defined instruction within the Bible on the method to use to deal with  the problem - go directly to the saint  involved- if it cannot  be resolved get two or three  and go together to help decide the issue- if that does not resolve it go to the elders- if they cannot resolve it go to the congregation- if repentance of a sin is not forth coming- banish the offender until the offender repents- if the offender repents welcome that offender back fully and without bringingup the offense ever again. That concept can and should be shred openly with all the body  and  it should be open to the world of unbelievers as well.

The body of Christ does not hide gossip, it deals with it Biblically.

In addition when a person is found to be unrepentant, that need not and should not be kept quiet within the local body, instead the reason for a person leaving should be shared fully, shared especially with any other church body of interest so that the banished person does not continue to hide their situation and sin from other bodies of Christ and other associations such as other churches, conferences, seminaries, etc. ( Perhaps most church pastors will disagree with that ). If there is a possible problem that will adversely affect any group the problem should not be kept hidden away.

At the extreme one does not hide anyone that will violate a trust involving  children, widows, the mentally disabled, the physically weak, nor the dishonest handling of money  or other assets belonging to other people or entities. People entrust their weak their young their aged to the local odies of christ and the Christian schools, that trust is never to be violated nor any violation ever kept secret!

Edited by Neighbor