Sign in to follow this  
Last Daze

The Next Event

Outside of the possibility of a seven year something or other, what do you see as the next prophetic event that can be tied directly to a specific prophecy?

Personally, I think the destruction of the world's capital by the ten horns kick-starts the birth pangs of the wars and rumors of war of seals 2, 3, and 4.

• And the ten horns which you saw, and the beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her desolate and naked, and will eat her flesh and will burn her up with fire.  For God has put it in their hearts to execute His purpose by having a common purpose, and by giving their kingdom to the beast, until the words of God will be fulfilled.  The woman whom you saw is the great city, which reigns over the kings of the earth.”  Revelation 17:16-18

It is my belief this does not happen until after the  tribulation starts.  I think this is in the 2nd woe.

Look how verses for Babylon in Revelation are always in two or two woes.

Rev 18:2 With a mighty voice he shouted: "'Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great!' She has become a dwelling for demons and a haunt for every impure spirit, a haunt for every unclean bird, a haunt for every unclean and detestable animal.

Rev 18:10 Terrified at her torment, they will stand far off and cry: "'Woe! Woe to you, great city, you mighty city of Babylon! In one hour your doom has come!'

Rev 18:16 and cry out: "'Woe! Woe to you, great city, dressed in fine linen, purple and scarlet, and glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls!

Rev 18:19 They will throw dust on their heads, and with weeping and mourning cry out: "'Woe! Woe to you, great city, where all who had ships on the sea became rich through her wealth! In one hour she has been brought to ruin!'

At the end of the 2nd WOE comes the Great Earthquake.  Same as Mathew 24? 

Rev 11:13 t that very hour there was a severe earthquake and a tenth of the city collapsed. Seven thousand people were killed in the earthquake, and the survivors were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven.

Rev 11:14 The second woe has passed; the third woe is coming soon.

This is also at the 6th trumpet. 

Rev 9:12 The first woe is past; two other woes are yet to come.

Rev 9:13 The sixth angel sounded his trumpet, and I heard a voice coming from the four horns of the golden altar that is before God.

2 hours ago, Last Daze said:

Outside of the possibility of a seven year something or other, what do you see as the next prophetic event that can be tied directly to a specific prophecy?

Personally, I think the destruction of the world's capital by the ten horns kick-starts the birth pangs of the wars and rumors of war of seals 2, 3, and 4.

• And the ten horns which you saw, and the beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her desolate and naked, and will eat her flesh and will burn her up with fire.  For God has put it in their hearts to execute His purpose by having a common purpose, and by giving their kingdom to the beast, until the words of God will be fulfilled.  The woman whom you saw is the great city, which reigns over the kings of the earth.”  Revelation 17:16-18

The attack by the ten horns [on Jerusalem] will probably serve as the next "recognized" prophetic event to take place.   But the resumption of sacrifices and building the temple will precede that,  but very few recognize,  and even fewer can identify those events from scripture.   The thing that will probably precede the resumption of sacrifices in Jerusalem will be an attack by the king of the South  upon a "fortress" of the king of the North,  as found in Daniel 11:7,8. 

*[[Dan 11:7]] KJV* But out of a branch of her roots shall one stand up in his estate, which shall come with an army, and shall enter into the fortress of the king of the north, and shall deal against them, and shall prevail:

*[[Dan 11:8]] KJV* And shall also carry captives into Egypt their gods, with their princes, and with their precious vessels of silver and of gold; and he shall continue more years than the king of the north.

Few will recognize it because so few see the possibility of it happening in the future,  because they see it only as a historical narrative of past events. 

The PuP 

Edited by Da Puppers
Added scripture.
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Brother Duke said:

It is my belief this does not happen until after the  tribulation starts. 

What do you see as the next event that can be tied to a specific prophecy?

I think the devil comes down and the man of sin is revealed in the first woe.  The 3rd Woe is the wrath of God.  The 1st Woe is the wrath of the devil.

Rev 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time

Rev 9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

Rev 9:12 One woe is past; and, behold, there come two woes more hereafter.

2 Thes 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Rev 12 and Rev 9 are both in the 1st Woe possibly the same event.

Edited by Brother Duke

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 7:28 PM, Last Daze said:

What do you mean by "outside of a seven year etc."? Do you mean after the 7 years or besides the 7 years?

Unless one of you shows me otherwise, I think the treaty in Daniel 9 precedes and facilitates the beginning of the temple rebuild. During this time Christians will experience persecution. Then the desecration of the temple causes great persecution and the signs in the sun, moon, and stars will be unmistakable as well as the identity of the antichrist. In short, I'm looking for the treaty with Israel. All right you guys, shred my position. 😁 I can take it.

10 minutes ago, JoeChan82 said:

What do you mean by "outside of a seven year etc."? Do you mean after the 7 years or besides the 7 years?

Unless one of you shows me otherwise, I think the treaty in Daniel 9 precedes and facilitates the beginning of the temple rebuild. During this time Christians will experience persecution. Then the desecration of the temple causes great persecution and the signs in the sun, moon, and stars will be unmistakable as well as the identity of the antichrist. In short, I'm looking for the treaty with Israel. All right you guys, shred my position. 😁 I can take it.

I personally have my doubts about a future seven year anything.  I also think that a future physical temple on the temple mount is 50-50.  I can see it either way since there's a natural as well as spiritual aspect to things.  I don't care to shred anyone's position here, just hear what other people are thinking.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

I don't care to shred anyone's position here, just hear what other people are thinking.

I know that. I was just saying that I have no problem with criticism, especially from the group in this club. I am open to almost anything except outright denial of plain scriptures. It is clear to me that many here have done a lot of research, which I am very slow to discount.

On 6/30/2018 at 5:28 PM, Last Daze said:

...what do you see as the next prophetic event that can be tied directly to a specific prophecy?

Daniel 11:40 “At the time of the end the king of the South shall attack him; and the king of the North shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter the countries, overwhelm them, and pass through. 41 He shall also enter the Glorious Land... [etc.]

leading up to:

11:45 “And he shall plant the tents of his pavilion between the seas at the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and no one will help him.

-- which is the Abomination of Desolation, or just before it. Immediately leading to:

12:1 At that time ... there shall be a time of trouble such as never was since there was a nation...

-- which is the Great Tribulation:

Matt 24:21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.

On 7/2/2018 at 11:31 AM, Last Daze said:

I personally have my doubts about a future seven year anything.  I also think that a future physical temple on the temple mount is 50-50.

A wise man. We should avoid ever relying upon the iffy prophecies, and stick to the solid ones. I believe the prophecies above are some of the most solid and definitive.

Edited by WilliamL

On 6/30/2018 at 8:54 PM, Da Puppers said:

The attack by the ten horns [on Jerusalem] will probably serve as the next "recognized" prophetic event to take place.

I've heard the idea of Jerusalem being put forth as Babylon the city before but to me it doesn't seem to fit.  Babylon the city is described as "reigning over the kings of the earth" in Rev 17 and a port city of vast wealth in Rev 18.  Also, the two witnesses seem to have interaction with Jerusalem.  I know that things can change concerning a city's influence over the earth but how do you account for Jerusalem not being a port city, and the two witnesses role there if it is destroyed?  To me, NYC seems a better fit given that the feet of iron and clay is headquartered there, and it's a port city.

Sign in to follow this