turtletwo

Do you like poetry?

3 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Can you share poems as well as write your own poems? Can I share favorite poems by poets like Wordsworth, Tennyson, and etc? 

Songs of Praise Poetry Club

Christian Poetry and Song Lyrics

Hi :th_wave: First off, I like The Gold Standard thread you have over in Worthy Gold.  :thumbs_up:

I hope I did not confuse you (or anyone) by this thread in Absolutely Positive. My purpose in starting it was simply as a way to help people become aware of the Club... So I am glad to see you found this. :) However, I realize there are some poems in this thread that may not be defined as specifically 'Christian' although they're in keeping with Christian values. It may be my thread does not necessarily represent the Club. Does that make any sense? I sure didn't mean to mislead. Sorry if that is the case...

I'll post the link for you below regarding guidelines. It lists 4 rules.

We can post other people's poems as long as their name is credited.

The poems are to be Christian.

Ayin jade, the owner of the Club said,

"1) Any poem or song lyric that is Christian.

4) I do not want secular works. This is for Him."

I hope that helped answer your question. Click below link for more clarity:)

A Canto from Dante’s Paradiso: 

"Now listen well, for what I have to say contains the doctrine of important truths. Because for his own good, he would not let his will be curbed, the man who knew no birth, damming himself, dammed all his progeny, therefore, the human race lay sick below within their error for long centuries, until the Word of God chose to descend: there, moved by His unselfish Love alone, He took unto Himself, in His own Being, that nature which had wandered from its maker. Now listen to my reasoning, once joined with its First Cause, this nature was (as it had been when first created) pure and good; but by itself alone, by its own act, having abandoned truth, and the true life, out of God's holy garden it was chased. Then, if the Crucifixion can be judged as punishment of that nature assumed, no penalty could bite with greater justice, just as none could be judged as more unjust, considering the Person who endured it with whom that other nature was combined. Thus, one event produced different effects; God and the Jews both pleased by this one death for which earth shook and Heaven opened wide. Now it should not be difficult for you to understand the concept of just vengeance being avenged in time by just decree. You say: I clearly understand your words, but why God did not choose some other way for our redemption still remains unclear. The reason. brother, for that choice lies buried from all men's eyes until their inner sight has grown to ripeness in the warmth of love, nevertheless, since men have always aimed their arrows at this mark they rarely strike, I shall explain why this choice is best. Divine goodness, which from itself rejects all envy, sparkles so, that It reveals the eternal beauties burning in Itself. That which derives directly from His Being from then on is eternal, for His seal, once it is stamped, can never be effaced. That which derives directly from His Being is wholly free, not subject to the law of secondary things. Created thus, it most resembles Him, most pleases Him; the Sacred Flame which lights all of creation burns brightest in what is most like Himself. These are the gifts with which humanity was privileged, and if it fails in one of these, it must fall from its noble state. Sin is the only power that takes away man's freedom and his likeness to True Good, and makes him shine less brightly in Its light; nor can he win back his lost dignity unless the void left by that sin be filled by just amends paid for illicit joy. Your nature, when it sinned once and for all in its first root, was exiled from these honors, as it was dispossessed of Paradise; nor could mankind recover what was lost, as you will see if you think carefully, except by crossing one of these two fords: either that God, simply through clemency, should give remission, or that man himself, to pay his debt of folly, should atone. Now fix your eyes on the infinity of the Eternal Counsel; listen well, as well as you are able, to my words. Given his limits, man could never make amends, never in his humility could man, obedient too late, descend as far as once, in disobedience, he tried to climb, and this is why mankind alone could not make his amends to God. Thus, it remained for God, in His own ways (his ways, I mean, in one of them or both) to bring man back to his integrity. But since the deed gratifies more the doer, the more it manifests the innate goodness of the good heart from which it springs--so, then, that Everlasting Goodness which has set its imprint on the world was pleased to use all of its means to raise you up once more. Between the final night and the first day no act so lofty, so magnificent was there, or shall there be, by either way, for God, Who gave Himself, gave even more so that mankind might raise itself again, than if He simply had annulled the debt; and any other means would have been less than Justice, if God's only Son had not humbled Himself to take on mortal flesh. " (Paradise, Canto 7, The Portable Dante, pg 429-432). 

I love the line, “what resembles Him, most pleases Him.” 

Beatrice gives a stirring defense of why salavation can only come through Jesus Christ. :) 

• Praise God! 1