How to cope with lonliness

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Recently I’ve been finding myself very low, and I guess you could say pretty much depressed. I’m normally by myself due to the rest of my family having jobs, but it’s not just that. I feel like God’s not even there sometimes and I’m just alone. I don’t know what to do, any suggestions? I’ve been praying and staying in his word, but it never seems to help with the lonliness. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I agree with Yowm.  Sometimes God tests our faith by not speaking to us as He had, or by "hiding Himself from me".  I no longer sensed His presence.   During those times I just do what I know God wants me to do, that he had revealed to me in the past.  I continue to pray and read the Bible, or during one time I switched to a devotional called "Streams in the Desert".   It was written by a missionary confined to a Japanese concentration camp during WW2 and includes the encouragement she received during that time.  Some of the examples have stayed with me for 30 years and still comfort me.   Always remember that God still loves you--Jesus died for you to demonstrate His love.  He will never leave us.  Occasionally he chastens us.

Psa 139:23  Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

Psa 139:24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,764
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

I moved this out of Q&A so she could respond.  God bless

George

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50

8 hours ago, Abigaillgl said:

Recently I’ve been finding myself very low, and I guess you could say pretty much depressed. I’m normally by myself due to the rest of my family having jobs, but it’s not just that. I feel like God’s not even there sometimes and I’m just alone. I don’t know what to do, any suggestions? I’ve been praying and staying in his word, but it never seems to help with the lonliness. 

are you able to get a dog? if so pug would be a good choice.

obviously a dog cannot replace human companionship but they can still bring a lot joy to your life and alleviate some of that loneliness God bless.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  394
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  12/28/1983

Get a dog, that is so cool lol :)

Good idea but you have to be right yourself before you can look after a dog also.

God is holding you by your arm and you are holding His arm - like a double grip, the kind of grip used to pull someone up a slope.

The thing about this is that when you let go, He is still holding you and remember His arms are infinitely strong so you are safe (Psalm 73:23-26).

Psalm 73:23-26 ESV

23Nevertheless, I am continually with you;
    you hold my right hand.
24 You guide me with your counsel,
    and afterward you will receive me to glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,

but God is the strength[b] of my heart and my portion forever.

Maybe get a mouse as they are more manageable - call him Michael as Michael Jackson (the king of pop) said that you are not alone.

Bless ya!

Edited by Sharky and George

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50

On 7/5/2018 at 4:16 AM, Sharky and George said:

Get a dog, that is so cool lol :)

Good idea but you have to be right yourself before you can look after a dog also.

God is holding you by your arm and you are holding His arm - like a double grip, the kind of grip used to pull someone up a slope.

The thing about this is that when you let go, He is still holding you and remember His arms are infinitely strong so you are safe (Psalm 73:23-26).

Psalm 73:23-26 ESV

23Nevertheless, I am continually with you;
    you hold my right hand.
24 You guide me with your counsel,
    and afterward you will receive me to glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,

but God is the strength[b] of my heart and my portion forever.

Maybe get a mouse as they are more manageable - call him Michael as Michael Jackson (the king of pop) said that you are not alone.

Bless ya!

well i think before the OP is thinking about getting a pet, one consideration is definitely how manageable it is 

but ability of the pet to met the desire for affection is also important

you don't want to get a pet that is easy to manage but is essentially a dead weight because it is not affectionate or does not know how to give out affection, and only add stress to your current situation.

i think OP should be beware that there are a lot irresponsible articles online when it comes to pets. i have came across this article online claims Chow Chow is an affectionate breed, when in reality the breed is "well known" for being aloof and cold!

also there are many people who would post Youtube videos claiming their pets is affectionate when in reality their pet is a completely cold fish

i would recommend Op before deciding on the type of pet to get, instead of relying on articles, go to the forum to the pet you are thinking about and type in key words such as how affectionate. and see what the users there have to say, but more importantly , see how they define "affection" because sometimes they might claim their pet is affectionate but when you look at the behaviours they have described and you go "what"?

and yes, Youtube videos, just look through the videos of the pet's actual behaviour, not the title of the video or what the owner would like to claim, you would get some specific ideas as well!

cat might be a good compromised option, some cat breed are known to be more affectionate. but again , do research by looking at forums and Youtube videos posted.

God bless.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  394
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  12/28/1983

Actually I have heard about Chow Chows. They can be pretty bad - it was on the news the other that one was arrested for shop lifting Pedegree Chum.

Lol only messing.

I have similar problems and I am giving second thoughts to what I said as the right dog could be a good companion as apart from the Lord, a dof is a mans best friend.