• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

This is just beyond words....

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals announced plans Monday to run a billboard near the U.S.-Mexico border that parallels the separation of migrant families with the separation of cows at dairy farms.

PETA said it would support the billboard in San Ysidro, California showing a mother cow and calf next to the words, “Loving Mothers and Their Children Should Never Be Separated. Go Vegan.”

https://www.abc15.com/news/national/peta-to-post-billboard-near-border-comparing-cow-families-to-migrants

• Thumbs Up 1

There is a push to get rid of cows. I see articles fairly often pushing eating bugs as sustainable protein and eliminating cows. Then I see articles claiming that cows produce methane, greenhouse gas, global warming, the sky is falling etc. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

I feel like PETA had a purpose at some point in the past, but now it's just posing naked in public like a Thanksgiving turkey, or this, comparing people to animals and going on and on about veganism.

We aren't supposed to eat our livestock? The livestock is what produces methane gas, though. If we aren't eating them, then they're just going to keep on farting and making the temperature all the more humid. There is nothing natural about this flatulence; we should force the cows to take alka-seltzer. :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 7/2/2018 at 5:57 PM, ayin jade said:

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals announced plans Monday to run a billboard near the U.S.-Mexico border that parallels the separation of migrant families with the separation of cows at dairy farms.

PETA said it would support the billboard in San Ysidro, California showing a mother cow and calf next to the words, “Loving Mothers and Their Children Should Never Be Separated. Go Vegan.”

https://www.abc15.com/news/national/peta-to-post-billboard-near-border-comparing-cow-families-to-migrants

You'd think the protesters would be up in arms about this.  Sounds like an insult to me.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

24 minutes ago, Sojourner414 said:

Let's face it: without PETA, there would be a lot of liberal vegetarians and vegans without a banner to wave in folks' faces. Not to mention that they get 33 million a year in donations (and 2 million in sales of merchandise), yet say that they gave "$843 thousand in grants to researchers looking at animal alternatives" (That sounds like a lot until you compare it to the 33 million). That's 2 percent of their donations, as opposed to 17 percent spent on fundraising.

So they are getting a ton of money to essentially harass people for eating meat. I wonder how much of that goes to paying folks who sit in an office drinking soy-milk lattes?

They probably also pay "professional protesters" to protest for them!   I think most people have jobs and are too busy to protest....trying to put food on the table and pay the rent.   Who has time to protest?

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

The insanity continues.
PETA didn't like the animal cookies behind bars. They wanted them cage free and got their inordinate wish.

I hope they don't read this, next thing they'll want will be plant crackers, as People are Eating Tasty Animals. :o

"PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman says she's celebrating the box redesign for the cultural change it represents.
"The new box for Barnum's Animals crackers perfectly reflects that our society no longer tolerates the caging and chaining of wild animals for circus shows," she said."

Before:

Animal_Crakers.jpg.216dd089aa4c010a4a29e530d9921273.jpg

After:

Animal_Crackers_PETA_New.jpg.e898a8ed84d4b315abfc2684b49ff4db.jpg

Its really stupid what they waste their money on. Mob ruling a company to change their look. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

On 7/3/2018 at 8:57 AM, ayin jade said:

Why do they often leave out the fathers....sigh..poor fathers.. ?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

2 hours ago, B3L13v3R said:

The insanity continues.
PETA didn't like the animal cookies behind bars. They wanted them cage free and got their inordinate wish.

I hope they don't read this, next thing they'll want will be plant crackers, as People are Eating Tasty Animals. :o

"PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman says she's celebrating the box redesign for the cultural change it represents.
"The new box for Barnum's Animals crackers perfectly reflects that our society no longer tolerates the caging and chaining of wild animals for circus shows," she said."

Before:

Animal_Crakers.jpg.216dd089aa4c010a4a29e530d9921273.jpg

After:

Animal_Crackers_PETA_New.jpg.e898a8ed84d4b315abfc2684b49ff4db.jpg

I prefer the latter than former. I personally do not like caging animals, unless where safety is concerned. Animals i belive should be treated ethically and avoid causing unnecessary pain on them n the preservation n etc but of course sometimes PETA overdo things like shoving "being vegan" on ppl's face or throat. I believe one can be an animal lover and still not be a vegan. God gave animals to eat, but that dont mean we cause these animals sufferings. 

With regards to equating humans = animals, i remember a song as a child, i think Disney song:

You are a human animal 
You are a very special breed 
For you are the only animal 
Who can think, 
Who can reason, 
Who can read. 
Now all your pets are smart, that's true!

But none of them can add up 2 and 2
Because the only thinking animal
Is You! You! You! 

You are a human animal 
You are a very special breed 
For you are the only animal 
Who can think, 
Who can reason, 
Who can read. 

The cow goes Moo! 
The dog goes Ruff! 
The cat Meows