• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Huh? Huh is self explanatory isn't it, huh? It is a say what?  I think it a great response to a full page diatribe. Like you lost me at about word 6059  of the presentation.I think Paul also used it within his written text of his address at the Areopagus. He originally wrote I see you are a religious people but, asked why so many statues, huh?

Guest shiloh357
7 hours ago, Still Alive said:

I have no idea what good these buttons do. They really are a form of ad-hominem attack on posts. What is their function? How does one respond to them? If someone uses one of those on one of my posts, should I just go and do the same thing to all their posts? What does this accomplish?

From my perspective, if you feel like "oy vey" or "huh, I don't get it" when reading someone's post, you might want to say that in a post, so they can respond. But how, exactly, do you respond to "oy vey"? The only response I have is "Opinions vary".;)

Oy vey is just a way that other posters can express their disagreement without having to commit to an argument.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

I kinda assumed Oy Vey was a bit like a facepalm, but perhaps I was mistaken.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

I see see it as the written equivalent to rolling one’s eyes.......I got a daughter that absolutely goes nuts if I do that to her....lol

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

On 7/3/2018 at 1:20 PM, one.opinion said:

I had a brief moment of comedy run through my mind as I thought of hitting the "oh vey button" in response, but I completely agree. I feel like these buttons have zero contribution to positive dialog. But that could be because I'm a frequent recipient ?

Sorry, one.opinion........I’ve always been one to cave easily when it comes to temptations....lol....Butero and myself were once engaged in the Great Oy Vey War Of May 2018.....I was forced to surrender when my button wore out from overuse! Oy Veh!

• Haha 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,772
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

How these expressions should be used?  LOL!

This is a FAKE TWEET from Sheila Jackson, a Democratic Texas Congressman.

Sheila-Jackson-Lee.jpg

Ok, so we're going to war with NORTH JAPAN?  This is a good confuzzled expression we need to point out!  A good time to use it!

I wouldn't put past him to bomb the way NIXON ... umm Nixon, a Republican -- did not bomb the GERMANS -- and if she's discussing WW2 -- we're talking FDR, a Democrat,  -- hmm and it was the Japanese that bombed at Pearl Harbor.  -- a good time to use the confuzzled could be used here!

.. if you know your history -- this would be a good time to use the Oy Yey! expression -- since clearly, she knows her history!

So this is a good tweet of an example how these expressions should be used ... I hope you have learned how to use expressions -- if not -- just Praise the Lord and move along

... these are not the droids you're looking for ... you can go about your business ... move along ... move along ...  :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,772
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

36 minutes ago, George said:

... these are not the droids you're looking for ... you can go about your business ... move along ... move along ...  :)

For those who didn't understand my last sentence ... you would have to be a Star Wars fan ...

Another good use of Oy Vey ... Duh, I don't get it ... or maybe a laugh ... all could apply depending on who you are.  :)

• Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

My problem is that on this tablet it's hard to see what some of the little symbols are!  Oy Veh!

• Followers:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:30 PM, RockyMidnight said:

I think I know that site. Extremely clickish and one of the mods doesn't moderate at all. Anyway, I've received a few "Oy Vey's" here and I find them quite amusing. I always take it as a member who doesn't want to face up to the scripture I'm quoting because the scripture is always true, when are posts aren't. As for the "Huh? I don't get it", it too is humerous in a doubting Thomas kind of way, at least for me.

Cheers!!!:)

You nailed why I don't use them. To me, the message they send is about the sender as opposed to the recipient. This is the only site I've seen that has such buttons, and has a couple of other quirks too, but they all do to one degree or another. The main site I use for both political and religious discussion still uses perl code, and if I want to do anything other than just post I have to MANUALLY use html. So I rarely use bold, italics, etc. And you can't embed videos there no matter what. So you just cut and paste the link and assume those who want to see it will see it.

Yet another site threatened to ban me for using a Christian analogy because it violated their "no religion" policy.

The internet has a lot of different subcultures. It's easy to step in it if you're not careful.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:25 PM, other one said:

some here are pretty much hard mind set and when we disagree I know there is no reason to try and discuss it.....    I write most things for the people who come by and read and don't necessarily ever post....   there are a lot of readers who just come by.     My reason to be here is to help people who find themselves tied up with demonic problems and don't know how to get away from it.....    I did some deep research on the dark one back in the 70's and inadvertently got involved in things over my head....   God himself got involved and the whole process gave me a little insight into some of the others problems and how to deal with it....

And for those who bring ideas about the dark side I can suggest they not really be involved with them.  It's one thing to study history, but altogether another to find out how the dark ones work...   that kind of study got me into a whole lot of trouble.

Yeah. I learned a long time ago that often one needs to think more of the lurkers. One of the side benefits is that it keeps me civil. However, I've said it before, "Sometimes you have to turn over a few tables."