• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I left the CC at 18 or 1972. I don't hate them, I mostly disagree with them, but they do certain things we could use. I like the whole confessional ritual because it forces the person to consider what sins he did.

IMO the CC and us evangelicals are going to reunite. I don't believe God hates any of His creatures with the exception of fallen angels.

I heard of a new group last night. They are called The Pre Nicene Christians, and these are the people who followed Jesus before Constantine made Christianity legal. They are supposed to have a set of books that are not cheap. I saw this on You Tube. Is this real or a money making gimmick, I don't know. If you ask a theology professor at Yale or Stamford U. they say that during the 200 or 300 year period after Jesus left, the apostles wrote down what they could and circulated these letters to the various churches. The idea being that every church should have a copy of something written by a real eye witness to Jesus. That sounds right to me. I'm wondering how this collection was put together so quickly and can we trust it. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

20 minutes ago, JTC said:

I left the CC at 18 or 1972. I don't hate them, I mostly disagree with them, but they do certain things we could use. I like the whole confessional ritual because it forces the person to consider what sins he did.

IMO the CC and us evangelicals are going to reunite. I don't believe God hates any of His creatures with the exception of fallen angels.

I heard of a new group last night. They are called The Pre Nicene Christians, and these are the people who followed Jesus before Constantine made Christianity legal. They are supposed to have a set of books that are not cheap. I saw this on You Tube. Is this real or a money making gimmick, I don't know. If you ask a theology professor at Yale or Stamford U. they say that during the 200 or 300 year period after Jesus left, the apostles wrote down what they could and circulated these letters to the various churches. The idea being that every church should have a copy of something written by a real eye witness to Jesus. That sounds right to me. I'm wondering how this collection was put together so quickly and can we trust it. 

I havent heard of them yet, but they sound really fishy, I would think if any such books or scriptures existed, the Vatican would lay their hands on it and lock it up.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

18 hours ago, JTC said:

IMO the CC and us evangelicals are going to reunite.

YOU RIGHT they will , so will all the religions of the world come under an all inclusive world peace and unity mindset .

BAD NEWS this is leadng all RIGHT TO THE BEAST .   ROME aint changed ,  not a bit .    This whole message of unity ,  ITS all a scam to get us united under one common religion  , mindset

which pays homage NOT TO GOD , but to the beast .     ITS an agenda .  well thought out , long long long ago .   And it will happen.    BUT I wont have any part of it or unity

with it or those who go along with this unity .      I suggest you do the same . 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,054
  • Content Per Day:  15.36
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:20 PM, Pure Waters said:

Im not sure if its just me but I've seen and heard alot of Christians disliking or even despising the Roman Catholic Church and the Pope in particular.

Are there any valid reasons as to why? Im curious about this.

It's usually, but not always, former Catholics like myself who are hardest on the Roman Catholic Church.  As for the Pope, I give him no thought at all.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

On 7/5/2018 at 4:11 PM, JTC said:

We are to love the Catholics. But, we are to share truth, the light of the true gospel, and NOT wimp out, to get a warm fuzzy feeling about how we love God's creatures. I am so eternally fortunate some old true believer boldly shared the true gospel to my wife and me, and I left the Roman catholic church, converted, saved. What you believe, JTC, if not lined up with scripture, will help no one, who desperately need the truth of God's word. It is not our 'feelings' that are important, it is planting seeds of truth. The Catholic church DOES NOT proclaim truth, but their perverted false doctrine. What does God say about being yoked (reunited)  as you say to the RCC;

2Co 6:14-18  Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness  And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?   And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.  Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,   And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

On 7/5/2018 at 4:11 PM, JTC said:

St Charles Borromeo invented the confessional box in the 16th century. Today only two percent of Catholics go to confessionals. The Catholic church believes they have the authority (power) to absolve sins. Power over the flock. When the church started the young children at six years old going to the dark box alone with "celibate" priest, the child abuser pedophile priest scandals were discoveredThis is church history. Don't trust me. Research yourself. Or ck out documented research in book below.

THE DARK BOX: A SECRET HISTORY OF CONFESSION          By John Cornwell
The Dark Box is an erudite and personal history; Cornwell draws on his own memories of Catholic boyhood, and weaves it with the story of confession from its origins in the early church to the current day, where its enduring psychological potency is evidenced by everything from the Vatican's 'confession app' to Oprah Winfrey's talk shows. Since the 16th century, seclusion of two individuals in the intimate 'dark box', often discussing sexual actions and thoughts, has eroticised the experience of confession. When, in 1905, Pius X made confession a weekly, rather than yearly ritual, the horrific cases of child abuse which have haunted the Catholic church in the twentieth century became possible

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

On 7/3/2018 at 3:20 PM, Pure Waters said:

Im not sure if its just me but I've seen and heard alot of Christians disliking or even despising the Roman Catholic Church and the Pope in particular.

There have been many insightful responses on this issue in this thread already.

As others have said, we most definitely should not “despise” or “hate” any person or group of people (our battle is not against “flesh and blood”, it’s a spiritual one). We are, however, to speak the truth, in love. It is not loving to withhold the truth.

The Catholic Church, in its official doctrines and traditions, teaches “another Gospel”. To be saved according to Catholic teaching, one must go through many steps throughout one’s life and even then one cannot ever be sure of salvation. Scripture, by contrast, assures us that we can know we are saved. (1 John 5:13)

I encourage you to do some careful research into Catholicism, if you haven’t already.

On the other side of this issue is the “Ecumenical Movement”. There may indeed be many who speak up regarding the major issues with Catholicism, unfortunately, however, there are also many Protestants and Evangelicals joining with the Pope and the Catholic Church today. This is an ongoing movement that has become increasingly popular over the years.

You may want to do some research into this topic as well.

God bless!

• Thanks 1

Be on guard ,  be diligent , for many are going under another mindset .   The mindset is not identical in how it reaches each person .  IT will reach a muslim one way

a false christain another way , secular another way , nar one way , emergent another way , wican one way ,  hindu another way .

IT WILLL reach each in a way which has some compatability with their perconcieved religion or mindset .   WHERE it is IDENTICAL

and THIS IS ITSGOAL ,   is to bring the person under a sensual false love that focuses on unity and the wrong kind of unity ,  THOUGH as I said

to each person it will lie .   IN the christain realm for example , IT WILL SAY we need unity , UNITY of the faith , UNITY of the SPIRIT

YET proclaims a unity that is unequally yoking us with others .   IT LIES ,  it wlll reach a muslim by also making the focus on allah or etc

YET IT TOO points to the need of unity and yet its unity is with others as well.   WHAT THIS SPIRIT is doing ,   IS DECIEVING ALL NOW , as ONE , not in the lambs book of life

to SIMPLY have unity  MAKE IT SEEM NECESSARY , make it seem GOOD ,  make it seem dire for world peace .   I have a never seen a delusion

sweeping with such size,  YET who is it really leading the world as one , one mindset when it comes to UNITY PEACE FALSE LOVE .   

IF the focus is on HUMANTIY   ,  then no marvel when satans beast , anti Christ rises as a man ,   and by then all faiths , religions , mindsets

will have already been united by these dark spirits who are pointing and leading the WORLD RIGHT TO THE FINAL HOUR to worshp and pay honor

UNTO the beast . FOLKS,   it is written that anti Christ don't come in through war,    ITS THROUGH PEACE .  THIS IS LEADING RIGHT TOO HIM.

Folks wont research squat these days  ,  ONLY sorry all inclusive books which are leading everyone to a false image of GOD .

WHEN the ONLY WAY IS JESUS and we are NOT to have unity with any who DOES NOT bring this gospel .   SO No matter if they CLAIM JESUS

IF THEY are in unity with this unity move , KEEP NO COMPANY WITH THEM .    For they are keeping unity with those who promote either a false JESUS , or another religion .

FLEE THEM .   Warn , but if they heed not , YOU FLEE THEM .  

I bet some here KNOW exactly what I am talking about next .  HOW MANY TIMES lambs , HAVE WE HEARD one claiming NOT TO BE OF SOMETHING

ONLY to find out they are and they have a hidden agenda .  WE seen it for years .    Many came in talking about how good the bible was  , for example

YET THEY PURPOSEFULLY got the people OFF the dire need TO REMAIN IN THAT BIBLE .   THEY CAME IN very crafity .   NO LAMB fell for it  , BUT MANY MANY DID .

WHEN a man comes in saying HE aint for something ,  BUT THEN starts a sounding like he is ,   YEAH ,  OOPS .

I guess most folks don't get it , when the bible makes plain MANY men can appear as men of righteousness, YET they are deceivers .  

THEY all over the place .   ALL over .   And we better be on guard and be diligent to test everything said or written heard or seen,  AGAINST THAT BIBLE .  YEAH I said BIBLE.

For satan knows ,   If he can come along and get the focus off WHAT CHRIST and true men who were OF HIM said ,    HE HAS THEM .  SATAN HAS THEM .

And lots of folks who had an agenda , THEY CAME IN UNDER PRETENSE as though they loved the bible , WHEN IN FACT their mission was to Take the focus off the DIRE NEED OF IT

and lull them to sleep with their own wicked teachings.     YEAH .      We better test all and mark those who are contrary and keep no company with them.

FOR the truth is ,  if we warn one ,   several times, AND THEY KEEP NOT HEARING ,    THAT IS A MAJOR RED FLAG WARNING TO CEASE and DEPART their company ASAP .

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  528
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:20 PM, Pure Waters said:

I think (more than the Mary stuff) it is simply because the Catholics do things differently, and that upsets and even scares them some.  They will come against almost anything a Catholic does, without realizing their own accepted and worshiped "Sacred Cows."  For instance the simple act of "every eye closed, and every head bowed..."  This is something they consider as almost sacred, not realizing Jesus, Himself, didn't pray that way.  And, a humorous thing is that they will secretly and accusingly gossip about those in the congregation not praying in this proper manner..... never catching on to the fact that THEY, themselves, had to have been violating their own self-imposed law, in order to have seen someone else not doing it.

Edited by Willie T
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

53 minutes ago, Hadasa said:

Is Christ God according to scripture? Did not the arch angel say that Christ would be called Emanuel- 'God is with us' and did not Elisabeth say: I too am favored that the (MOTHER OF MY LORD SHOULD COME TO ME). I guess this bring us back to the first question, is Christ God? This then would determine if Mother Miriam is the Mother of God.

Mary did not give birth either spiritually or physically to the eternal pre-existing Godhead.  She gave birth to the physical Jesus, physically.....where it was written that God prepared a body for Him.  The problem is that Catholicism makes far too much out of the human vessel called Mary.......unfortunately crossing the line into full-blown idolatry.  She herself as a faithful disciple of Christ, if she were here today,  would tell them to stop worshiping and praying to her, just as holy angels in the bible do not permit themselves to be worshiped.

The carnal nature has a tendency to want to build a shrine around and make an idol out of everything pertaining to God.....building their own man-made cisterns that can't hold water (the Holy Spirit).  It's like Peter when he was still in the flesh and immature wanted to build tabernacles for Jesus, Moses and Elijah on the mount.  Fortunately Jesus did not permit him to, otherwise they would have likewise become idols and a source of "polluted water" to the people.

2Co 11:3

But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Jer 2:13

For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 3