• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

32 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

NOT IN THE SENSE the KENNY COPELAND and new agers use it .    THEY EXALT THEMSELVES .

OF course GOD has called us gods ,  but not in the sense they make it out to be .  AND ANYONE focusing on that ,   HAS to have a wee bit of pride already in them .

I see myself as a son .   Let GOD call us what he wants .    I don't focus on being called a god , that is what happened with SATAN .   I SHALL BE AS GOD , and look what it did to him .

Amen brother........this is the same lie that Eve believed in the Garden.  The word of God sure does test hearts doesn't it.....interesting how both those Trees are in the same Garden from where we get our spiritual food.   This is why we will give an account to God for the things we  believe, because how we take scripture and the things we are willing to believe reflect what is in our hearts.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, Hadasa said:

Will you agree that those to whom the Word of God comes , God says you are gods? Answer that question then I will answer yours.

A very misunderstood passage. Jesus harkens back to a psalm which refers to judges and magistrates, who were called gods as when they judged they represented God. Problem was, those judges in that psalm were as ungodly as possible, doing all sorts of injustices. And Jesus likened those whom He called gods in the new testament to those same terrible judges. At no time is the bible saying people are gods.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,872
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Hadasa said:

Will you agree that those to whom the Word of God comes , God says you are gods? Answer that question then I will answer yours.

can you define that word "god" for me?

Edited by other one

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Hadasa said:

Wow! I think the problem is I expect too much of people like you. You sound really stupid. No matter what scripture is put before you which clearly shows a heavenly reign you act as though the earth is the throne.

Heaven is My Throne Isaiah 66:1-2
1This is what the LORD says: “Heaven is My throne, and earth is My footstool. What kind of house will you build for Me? Or where will be My place of repose? 2Has not My hand made all these things? And so they came into being, declares the LORD. This is the one I will esteem: he who is humble and contrite in spirit, who trembles at My word.…

"THIS IS THE ONE I WILL ESTEEM: HE WHO IS HUMBLE AND CONTRITE IN SPIRIT, WHO TREMBLES AT MY WORD"....

What does the scripture say? Who will the Lord ESTEEM? Get a grip!

8 hours ago, Hadasa said:

That is stupid the son's of God in John are not angels but those to whom the Word of God comes and obviously not to you, because you reject the Word and what Christ stated :

The Unbelief of the Jews John 10:33-35
33“We are not stoning You for any good work,” said the Jews, “but for blasphemy, because You, who are a man, declare Yourself to be God.” 34Jesus replied, “Is it not written in your Law: ‘I have said you are gods’? 35If he called them gods to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken—…

AND THE SCRIPTURES CAN NOT BE BROKEN. God said it, it is so, it is just not for you. I'll take it though, I would love to receive my crown in Christ, God's will be done! Let it be, according to what He says!

7 hours ago, Hadasa said:

Well since I can not quote what you said. The only abomination going on here is the denial of scripture. Say what you want but  you can not deny the Psalms or John's account. Very simple- Did the Word of God come to Mary and what DID GOD SAY OF THE PEOPLE TO WHICH THE WORD OF GOD HAS COME?

The Unbelief of the Jews John 10:33-35
33“We are not stoning You for any good work,” said the Jews, “but for blasphemy, because You, who are a man, declare Yourself to be God.” 34Jesus replied, “Is it not written in your Law: ‘I have said you are gods’? 35If he called them gods to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken—… 

You have the same spirit as the  non believing Jews.  THE SCRIPTURES CAN BE BROKEN.

6 hours ago, Hadasa said:

Thaylorde you answer that question and I'll know if whether or not you are a Heretic too. If proven so, I will know you judge with a beam in your eye and therefore not in the authority of Christ.

Hadasa removed from thread for above comments.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

8 hours ago, ChurchMilitant said:

This is a frequent incorrect assertion by Protestants that Mary had children. No she didn't.

Gal 1:18  Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and remained with him fifteen days.

Gal 1:19  But I saw none of the other apostles except James, the Lord's brother.

"Eusebius records that Clement of Alexandria related, "This James, whom the people of old called the Just because of his outstanding virtue, was the first, as the record tells us, to be elected to the episcopal throne of the Jerusalem church."[9][10][11] Other epithets are "James the brother of the Lord, surnamed the Just," and "James the Righteous."

He is sometimes referred to in Eastern Christianity as "James Adelphotheos" (Greek: Ἰάκωβος ὁ Ἀδελφόθεος), James the Brother of God. The oldest surviving Christian liturgy, the Liturgy of St James, uses this epithet.  (Wikipedia)

Catholic doctrine has again distorted history and discredited the Holy Bible.   You asked why the Catholic Church and the Pope(s) are unpopular, and this is the answer.  

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

19 hours ago, ChurchMilitant said:

This is a frequent incorrect assertion by Protestants that Mary had children. No she didn't. She only had one child, Jesus Christ Our Lord, hence her rightful assertion by St. Elizabeth her cousin, in Luke 1 that Mary is the "Mother of my Lord". Even Luther himself affirmed that Mary was perpetually a virign, although he may have changed his opinion later on.

Matthew 13:55-56: Is not this the carpenter’s son? Is not his mother called Mary? And are not his brethren James and Joseph and Simon and Judas? And are not all of his sisters with us?

Matthew 1:24-25: And Joseph rising up from sleep, did as the angel of the Lord had commanded him, and took unto him his wife. And he knew her not till she brought forth her firstborn (Gk. prototokon) son: and he called his name Jesus.

Firstly speaking, the term brother has different meanings in scripture. In Genesis 13:8, and 14:2,  brother means an extended relationship which was the First Patriach, Abraham, and Lot.  Furthermore, Jesus Christ Our Lord who is God told us to call each other brothers in Matthew 23:8. St Paul, if my memory serves me right, says that we are "brothers in Christ". If I'm wrong, it's still used by many Christians today to show commonality between ourselves and the faith that we have in God. 

I'm also going to quote some articles on this matter, because they basically sum up my points against this.

"

1)  Luke 2:41-51 describes Mary and Joseph taking Jesus to the temple at the age of twelve, for the required observance of Passover. Everyone agrees that He was the first child of Mary, so if there were up to five or more siblings, as some maintain (or even one), why is there no hint of them at all in this account?

2) Neither Hebrew nor Aramaic have words for “cousin.” The New Testament was written in Greek, which does have such a word (sungenis), but Jesus and His disciples spoke Aramaic (a late version of Hebrew), and the Hebrew word ach is literally translated as adelphos, the literal equivalent of the English “brother.” In the Bible, it has a very wide range of meanings beyond “sibling”: just as “brother” does in English. Thus, it is routinely used in the New Testament to describe cousins or kinsmen, etc.

3) Jesus Himself uses “brethren” (adelphos) in the non-sibling sense. In Matthew 23:8 (cf. 12:49-50), He calls, for example, the “crowds” and His “disciples” (23:1) “brethren.” In other words, they are each other's“brothers”: the brotherhood of Christians.

4) In comparing Matthew 27:56, Mark 15:40, and John 19:25, we find that James and Joseph (mentioned in Mt 13:55 with Simon and Jude as Jesus' “brothers”) are the sons of Mary, wife of Clopas. This other Mary (Mt 27:61; 28:1) is called Our Lady'sadelphein John 19:25. Assuming that there are not two women named “Mary” in one family, this usage apparently means “cousin” or more distant relative. Matthew 13:55-56 and Mark 6:3 mention Simon, Jude and "sisters" along with James and Joseph, calling all adelphoi. The most plausible interpretation of all this related data is a use of adelphos as “cousins” (or possibly, step-brothers) rather than “siblings.” We know for sure, from the above information, that James and Joseph were not Jesus' siblings."

Also, and this is before St. Jerome, patristic fathers affirm that Mary was a perpetual virgin. It's seen with individiuals including Justin Matyr, and Iraneus. 

Matthew 1:24-25 which you have quoted above says that Joseph knew her (Mary) not until she brought forth her first born son.   "knew her not" means Joseph didn't have sexual relations with Mary until after the birth of Jesus.   Anyone reading that Scripture verse should clearly see that Mary did not remain a virgin.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,025
  • Content Per Day:  16.70
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, ChurchMilitant said:

Thank you sir for quoting that post. You know, it's funny that you mention Eastern Christianity, because they believe in Mary's Perpetual Virginity. Go to any Eastern Church whether it be Eastern Orthodox(obviously the largest denomination per statistics), Armenian Orthodox, Georgian Orthodox, etc. They believe in Mary's perpetual virginity. Looking at the Divine Liturgy of Saint James(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_Liturgy_of_Saint_James), any Orthodox Christian can correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you sing hims to the Theotokos(whom you call the Mother of God, that's what it means even if it is not the literal translation?

Funny thing that you mention the Great historian Eusebius because he actually states an important thing, yeah? He states that Matthew was written in Aramaic first, Aramaic being the language of our Lord. Here is the quote:  

"Matthew had begun by preaching to the Hebrews, and when he made up his mind to go to others too, he committed his own Gospel to writing in his native tongue [Aramaic], so that for those with whom he was no longer present the gap left by his departure was filled by what he wrote" (History of the Church 3:24 [inter 300-325]).

, "Among the four Gospels, which are the only indisputable ones in the Church of God under heaven, I have learned by tradition that the first was written by Matthew, who was once a publican, but afterwards an apostle of Jesus Christ, and it was prepared for the converts from Judaism and published in the Hebrew language" (Commentaries on Matthew [cited by Eusebius in History of the Church 6:25]). -From Origen

Matthew also issued a written Gospel among the Hebrews in their own dialect, while Peter and Paul were preaching in Rome and laying the foundation of the Church. After their departure, Mark, the disciple and interpreter of Peter, did also hand down to us in writing what had been preached by Peter. Luke also, the companion of Paul, recorded in a book the Gospel preached by him. Afterwards John, the disciple of the Lord, who also had leaned upon his breast, did himself publish a Gospel during his residence at Ephesus in Asia. (Against Heresies 3:1:1) - From St. Iraneus in before the year 200 A.D

Since we can see that Matthew was written in Aramaic, when the Lord says in Holy Scripture of St. Matthew Chapter 16, on this rock I will build my Church, he would have used the word "Kephas" which literally means rock. The Greek uses the word petros, but here he would use the word Kephas.

Also, more importantly sir, assuming you were quoting the famous 4th century Church historian. As someone also who nearly became an Orthodox Christian, I can also safetly state(although again, please correct me If I'm wrong Eastern Orthodox peoples) that they believe Mary was perpetually a virgin. Some of them believe that the other people there like St. James was a cousin, while others believe it was other children of Joseph, but they most certainly believe in Mary as a perpetual virgin .They also sir, believe that Mary was the Mother of God, as St. Athanasius, the great defender of our Lord's divinity, affirms.  

Also, this article here addresses the whole thing with Eusebius: https://catholicproductions.com/blogs/blog/the-brothers-of-jesus-a-fresh-look-at-the-evidence

It's unfortunate he never became a saint. I think he apparently had Arian sympathies, but I really new knew what happened to him. Also, if you even look at St. James' Liturgy on Youtube, I think that you will find it quite different from Protestant services. :)

And no, Catholic doctrine doesn't go against the Bible. 

EDIT: Just going to post this here; I think it's important. 

"Catholics and Eastern Orthodox, as well as some Anglicans and Lutherans, teach that James, along with others named in the New Testament as "brothers"[note 1] of Jesus, were not the biological children of Mary, but were possibly cousins of Jesus[4] or step-brothers from a previous marriage of Joseph.[note 2]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James,_brother_of_Jesus

Since Willa is a female, a very intelligent and God-fearing woman filled with the Holy Spirit, I can only assume you intended to insult her by referring to her as sir.  Or is it just another one of the errors you are preaching?  You cannot win an argument on truth so it appears you quickly resort to insults.  Very sad state of Roman Catholic apologists.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:24 AM, Davida said:

This is WHY I stated only in the Bible and not in the false writings of the RCC.  This is why the True Church will never join with the RCC because the Vatican represents a false Christianity & they base their beliefs on False writings. The Apocrypha is not God-inspired, it contains many "errors, contradictions and historical inaccuracy.

https://www.gotquestions.org/apocrypha-deuterocanonical.html

Question: "What are the Apocrypha / Deuterocanonical books?"

Answer: 
Roman Catholic Bibles have several more books in the Old Testament than Protestant Bibles. These books are referred to as the Apocrypha or Deuterocanonical books. The word apocrypha means “hidden,” while the word deuterocanonical means “second canon.” The Apocrypha/Deuterocanonicals were written primarily in the time between the Old and New Testaments. The books of the Apocrypha include 1 Esdras, 2 Esdras, Tobit, Judith, Wisdom of Solomon, Ecclesiasticus, Baruch, the Letter of Jeremiah, Prayer of Manasseh, 1 Maccabees, and 2 Maccabees, as well as additions to the books of Esther and Daniel. Not all of these books are included in Catholic Bibles.

The nation of Israel treated the Apocrypha / Deuterocanonical books with respect, but never accepted them as true books of the Hebrew Bible. The early Christian church debated the status of the Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals, but few early Christians believed they belonged in the canon of Scripture. The New Testament quotes from the Old Testament hundreds of times, but nowhere quotes or alludes to any of the Apocryphal / Deuterocanonical books. Further, there are many proven errors and contradictions in the Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals. Here are a few websites that demonstrate these errors:
http://www.justforcatholics.org/a109.htm
http://www.biblequery.org/Bible/BibleCanon/WhatAboutTheApocrypha.htm
https://carm.org/errors-apocrypha

The Apocrypha / Deuterocanonical books teach many things that are not true and are not historically accurate. While many Catholics accepted the Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals previously, the Roman Catholic Church officially added the Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals to their Bible at the Council of Trent in the mid 1500’s A.D., primarily in response to the Protestant Reformation. The Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals support some of the things that the Roman Catholic Church believes and practices which are not in agreement with the Bible. Examples are praying for the dead, petitioning “saints” in Heaven for their prayers, worshipping angels, and “alms giving” atoning for sins. Some of what the Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals say is true and correct. However, due to the historical and theological errors, the books must be viewed as fallible historical and religious documents, not as the inspired, authoritative Word of God.

Recommended Resource: The Canon of Scripture by F.F. Bruce

THAT is just IT sister .   MOST folks DONT STAY JUST IN THE BIBLE .   THEY DESIRE other things .      And I read some of those other books ,  got news ,   STAY ONLY IN THE BIBLE .

STAY ONLY IN THE BIBLE .     STAY ONLY n the BIBLE .    Now that was about the nicest way I could say it .   

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

6 hours ago, Davida said:

The denial that Joseph had marital relations with his wife Mary AFTER the birth of Jesus, and denying the scriptures that refer to Jesus'  brothers & sisters. 

This highlights the Problem with RCC they make their belief &worship centered All around the worship of the pagan perpetual sacred Virginity--& the pagan sacred Mother --So obvious to those outside of this brainwashing that it is about Goddess worship imposed upon Christianity with a whole slew of phony extra-biblical writings added to the Bible & the twisting of Bible scripture interwoven with it in effort to back up their Mary- cult religion brain-washed beliefs. There are so many pagan symbols in RCC & the Vatican. It is a very strong religious programming to break through.  It was Constantine  who tried to unite Christianity with the pagan worship & created a false religion that poses as Christian.  

ED ZACH LEE .    And he, JOSPEH ,  KNEW HER NOT , TILL , TILL < TILL < TILL  AFTER the birth .  IF JOSPEH had never known her ,  IT WOULD NEVER have said TILL

it would have made it clear .   ROME is not our home .    Joseph and Mary , were husband and wife .    ITS True HE did not KNOW HER ,  till AFTER the birth. THAT IS FACT .

BUT after ,  LETS NOT HEAR ROME .    Your brethren  , your mother are HERE the crowd told JESUS .   JESUS had half brothers and sisters .  FACTS are facts .

ITS WHY we need to steer far from them other books and stay in ONLY THE BOOK.   and as in THE BOOK,  dear sister WE MEAN THE BIBLE .    Now throw those hands up and praise the LORD.

• Thumbs Up 1