IGNORED

New Testament Inerrancy

Andrew Restrepo

Guest shiloh357
3 hours ago, Still Alive said:

I think we've beat this horse pretty well. I believe you and I have both made our points pretty well. I'll invoke Titus 3:9 at this point.

This has nothing to do with Titus 3:9.   Titus 3:9 does not apply to this because we are dealing with essential biblical doctrine and fundamental Christian theology.   Titus 3:9 is about wives tales and disputes over unimportant matters.   

This is about your fundamental lack of understanding of and misapplication of the truth of Scripture as it applies to the doctrine of inspiration.  Your views are not Christian, and really fly in the face of fundamental, essential biblical truth.

Edit: I will throw this out: https://www.thoughtco.com/all-scripture-is-god-breathed-701984

The answer there sums up my position, especially when comparing the original manuscripts to the English translations.

I get that but the problem is that how you have handled inspiration in this thread is NOT how it is expressed in that link.   I agree with that link.   The problem is that you are dealing with these doctrines in terms of translations and I have not, at any point, been asserting that the translations are inspired.  This is not about modern translations, but what the Bible actually teaches.  

My point is that the information contained in Scripture is wholly the Word of God and inspired by God.  You have not.  You argue that the Bible is not the Word of God, meaning it is not wholly inspired, but only contains the Word of God. It is a very irresponsible and reckless approach to the Bible that enables a lot of theological error.    All Christians should reject that false doctrine.   It goes against the fundamentals of the Christians faith and biblical teaching and how the Bible presents itself.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

32 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

This has nothing to do with Titus 3:9.  

Then go for 2 Timothy 2:23.

Don't take my post literally. Try to grasp the spirit of it. :D

Guest shiloh357
13 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

Then go for 2 Timothy 2:23.

Don't take my post literally. Try to grasp the spirit of it. :D

This is not a foolish controversy.   And there is no way to grasp the spirit of it if there is no literal meaning. 

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

This is not a foolish controversy.   And there is no way to grasp the spirit of it if there is no literal meaning. 

It's become foolish in this thread. Hence my bowing out.

Guest shiloh357
8 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

It's become foolish in this thread. Hence my bowing out.

No, it is your position that is foolish, not the controversy.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  100
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Still Alive said:

He created me (and you) for a specific purpose, just as he did Jesus and every other man that ever lived. Every. Single. One.

When you say: "just as he did Jesus", do you mean, "Just as he did [create] Jesus and every other man that ever lived"? I might be completely misreading what you've written, but it just seems that you're saying that Jesus is a created being. Am I understanding this correctly? 

30 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, it is your position that is foolish, not the controversy.

Opinions vary. :)

5 minutes ago, arachnogeek said:

When you say: "just as he did Jesus", do you mean, "Just as he did [create] Jesus and every other man that ever lived"? I might be completely misreading what you've written, but it just seems that you're saying that Jesus is a created being. Am I understanding this correctly? 

Jesus is fully man and fully God. The one was, in fact, created. The latter, who dwells within the other, is God. That's why he has an earthly mother but not an earthly father.

4 minutes ago, Davida said:

The most foolish thing is to not Grasp that the Bible scripture is the inerrant , infallible Word of GOD and upon that we can depend. 

I think this describes my position pretty effectively. Not precisely, but pretty close. I think where we may differ is in the last part theres:

https://www.thoughtco.com/all-scripture-is-god-breathed-701984

Guest shiloh357

1 minute ago, Still Alive said:

I think this describes my position pretty effectively. Not precisely, but pretty close. I think where we may differ is in the last part theres:

https://www.thoughtco.com/all-scripture-is-god-breathed-701984

No, that is not the part where any of us differ with you.  No one is claiming that translations are inspired.  That demonstrates your utter inability to correctly frame the issue.